Author Topic: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says  (Read 50482 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
Experience?

Today one would probably go to jail. I heard the person that did that got 1 week of after school detention.
Are we having fun yet?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
The best way to treat bullies is with a Jack Dempsey attack.  At the sound of the bell, come out swinging before your opponent knows what is happening.  Sure, the bully will try to punch back but the centrifugal force will be on your son's side and the bully should be pushed back, crashing into lockers, toilet stall doors, or wherever the bullying was taking place.  And don't let your son feel guilty about being expelled.  When he returns after a few days, the girls will think he's a hero.  At least this worked for me, back in the 1960's.   
  Don't hit them in the walkway near the lockers with a book bag full of schoolbooks.  While my Marine recruiter loved this kind of payback ( 'extreme violence upon the &*%#+' ) the legal authorities of the day, 1980, did state they would take my young ass to jail.  Next time. (My dad was a cop.  Professional courtesy)

I'm all for dealing violence back upon bullies.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
I think she was saying that her father-in-law was joking saying that one shouldn't try to stifle a Latina and that they should be allowed to run their course and that makes a happier marriage?

Ohhh! huh. Most of the Latina friends I have had a pretty damn fiesty, but their Moms are nice...so maybe they mellow like fine wine? Once again DIL may be coming through with solid advice! LOL
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
The best way to treat bullies is with a Jack Dempsey attack.  At the sound of the bell, come out swinging before your opponent knows what is happening.  Sure, the bully will try to punch back but the centrifugal force will be on your son's side and the bully should be pushed back, crashing into lockers, toilet stall doors, or wherever the bullying was taking place.  And don't let your son feel guilty about being expelled.  When he returns after a few days, the girls will think he's a hero.  At least this worked for me, back in the 1960's.   
Ya, just about the only time a kid shouldn't be punished for expulsion is standing up for him/herself. But then again, if you read this board in general I'm not sure I'd take parenting advise from our well of wisdom! LOL
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2018, 03:40:50 PM »
Experience?

Ha, ha. My Uncle was actually a wood shop teacher and sawed off his thumb with a bandsaw while teaching a beginning wood shop safety class. He wrapped it up and one of the kids retrieved his thumb for him. He had it encased in plastic and now uses it as a paper weight.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
I don't think I speak this language. Can I have an interpreter please?
Sorry about the grammar, I was three sheets to the wind at the time.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2018, 09:37:19 PM »
Sorry about the grammar, I was three sheets to the wind at the time.

Trying to match the old man shot for shot is not going to go well for you. LOL
Are we having fun yet?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »

I think I read this dirty novel.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2018, 05:01:16 PM »
[/quote
Shot for shot I don't think so, he spent 20 years in the Army and has a bunch of rifles and handguns and shoots just to hear boom and smell the powder (in his own words).
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2018, 01:08:13 AM »
[/quote
Shot for shot I don't think so, he spent 20 years in the Army and has a bunch of rifles and handguns and shoots just to hear boom and smell the powder (in his own words).

I know what he means.  If only the Yankee Candle company made a scented candle with the smell of spent brass and CLP.  I might be able to sleep through the night.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
I know what he means.  If only the Yankee Candle company made a scented candle with the smell of spent brass and CLP.  I might be able to sleep through the night.

From Amazon's comments and questions:

Question:
Will this be a good deodorant to use for picking up chicks in Oceanside?

Answer:
Yea sure. .just hose urself down with it...you will slip right in. Bonehead!!!
By hancockwmr on March 10, 2016

It will keep your armpits from rusting so you've got that going for you.
By Billy magnum on March 28, 2016

Yes, totally! I've been using it for months now with great success.
By B! on March 10, 2016

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:26 PM »
From Amazon's comments and questions:

Question:
Will this be a good deodorant to use for picking up chicks in Oceanside?

Answer:
Yea sure. .just hose urself down with it...you will slip right in. Bonehead!!!
By hancockwmr on March 10, 2016

It will keep your armpits from rusting so you've got that going for you.
By Billy magnum on March 28, 2016

Yes, totally! I've been using it for months now with great success.
By B! on March 10, 2016
:D ;) ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 06:14:32 PM »
I don't condone fighting, but Rikki Gins is right.  I learned this when my silvertip black lab and my temporary rescue American bulldog became unsequestered one time.  Oops.  I silently said goodbye to my lab, prepared myself for his death.  But he was experienced, and the bulldog was not.  My lab won the fight, fought fast and hard, probably with an element of surprise.  The bulldog stopped after he got bit a couple times.  I was really amazed, because the bulldog seemed by far the stronger, more dangerous breed. 

But my dog did pull a disappearing act when two huge rottweillers were running at large on a beach we were at.  I cut through yards, too, but he got home way before I did.  Size, age, backup, experience, surprise, and home advantage ALL matter.  And that's not even considering weapons.  Creepy. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 06:20:38 PM »
Ya, just about the only time a kid shouldn't be punished for expulsion is standing up for him/herself. But then again, if you read this board in general I'm not sure I'd take parenting advise from our well of wisdom! LOL
In fifth grade, an acquaintence tried to take my jump rope from me.  All I did was stand my ground.  Never fought back, never cussed.  Just held onto my jump rope and told her to back off.  But was punished with six months of weekly visits to the school counselor.   With whom I stood my ground and did not back down.  Pretty brave for a kid, but I had nothing to admit.  My grades took the brunt that year, missing an hour of class every week.  Ought to be illegal to take a kid out of class when they will be tested on that material.

If I'd known the punishment was going to affect my grades and waste my time, I would have (and probably should have) done more than just stand my ground.  But I gave her grace because we'd known each other a long time and she had never bothered anyone that I know of.  I wonder what got into her that day.  She never caused a problem again.  Such an isolated thing.  Mind control?  Twinkie syndrome?  It turned out she had also been forced to visit the school counselor weekly.  At the end of many weeks, a surprise mutual visit to the counselor was arranged.  Of course we both felt tricked, so any goodwill the counselor had disappeared right then.  I saw it in her eyes, too.  Better to fight it out ourselves than waste time with a pothead shrink.  The final trick visit was very unproductive, as he hadn't gotten any further with her than he had with me.  So she was unapologetic, and without any apology from her, I was still indignant.  I hope school counseling has improved. He smoked during our sessions.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »
I don't condone fighting, but Rikki Gins is right.  I learned this when my silvertip black lab and my temporary rescue American bulldog became unsequestered one time.  Oops.  I silently said goodbye to my lab, prepared myself for his death.  But he was experienced, and the bulldog was not.  My lab won the fight, fought fast and hard, probably with an element of surprise.  The bulldog stopped after he got bit a couple times.  I was really amazed, because the bulldog seemed by far the stronger, more dangerous breed. 

But my dog did pull a disappearing act when two huge rottweillers were running at large on a beach we were at.  I cut through yards, too, but he got home way before I did.  Size, age, backup, experience, surprise, and home advantage ALL matter.  And that's not even considering weapons.  Creepy.

I'm very glad that your lab was all right, Sofia.