Author Topic: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says  (Read 50017 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »
I'm very glad that your lab was all right, Sofia.   
So was I.  I heard he'd been attacked several times as a youngster.  Apparently he learned some things.  I got very lucky that day.  Saving that bulldog was getting in over my head.  It's hard to sequester perfectly for so long.  I only made a couple mistakes, but mistakes just cannot happen in sequestration. Anyhow the bulldog finally ended up getting a plushy forever home and my lab lived a long time after that.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
I don't condone fighting, but Rikki Gins is right.  I learned this when my silvertip black lab and my temporary rescue American bulldog became unsequestered one time.  Oops.  I silently said goodbye to my lab, prepared myself for his death.  But he was experienced, and the bulldog was not.  My lab won the fight, fought fast and hard, probably with an element of surprise.  The bulldog stopped after he got bit a couple times.  I was really amazed, because the bulldog seemed by far the stronger, more dangerous breed. 

But my dog did pull a disappearing act when two huge rottweillers were running at large on a beach we were at.  I cut through yards, too, but he got home way before I did.  Size, age, backup, experience, surprise, and home advantage ALL matter.  And that's not even considering weapons.  Creepy.
That must of been a fast fight or a long drawn out one.  Was the American bulldog a young one, if so it takes them awhile to get to understand their strength and power and not act like a big puppy.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2018, 06:08:57 PM »
today I did laundry and while taking up DIL's towels and things to his room (he has his own bathroom) I noticed that he has a .45 auto in a baggie taped to the shower wall.  When DIL got home I had his son (my husband) talk to him about it because we prefer to have the firearms locked in the safe.  He said what ever is in his room is his and to keep our cock-Skinner's off his stuff and besides what are you going to do if you are taking a shower and someone breaks in and comes to bathroom, wave your pecker or boobs at him while you are getting your naked ass kicked? We also found that he has one taped under the coffee-table next to the chair he sits in when he reads and one in his work shed, I just about lost my mind and he acts like it is a normal thing.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2018, 06:13:59 PM »
today I did laundry and while taking up DIL's towels and things to his room (he has his own bathroom) I noticed that he has a .45 auto in a baggie taped to the shower wall.  When DIL got home I had his son (my husband) talk to him about it because we prefer to have the firearms locked in the safe.  He said what ever is in his room is his and to keep our cock-Skinner's off his stuff and besides what are you going to do if you are taking a shower and someone breaks in and comes to bathroom, wave your pecker or boobs at him while you are getting your naked ass kicked? We also found that he has one taped under the coffee-table next to the chair he sits in when he reads and one in his work shed, I just about lost my mind and he acts like it is a normal thing.

If you have kids in the house you shouldn’t tolerate that.
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »

LOL The baggy thing is funny. We had some friends that moved furniture from one apartment to one in the same building and totally he forgot to remove his loaded pistol he keeps in the couch, until it fell out trying to get the couch through the door. They have a kid now so they're a little more careful. You need to get your son into a gun safety class and maybe get him comfortable. You don't want him messing around in Grandpas room because he's curious but doesn't feel safe asking about firearms.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »

I don't keep one in the shower, but I do have one in the shitter.  I keep one in my bedroom side table.  When  my wife is traveling, it's under my pillow.  *shrug* I carry one daily.  I have a shotgun in the garage and a couple more in the house.  A pair of rifles, somewhere in the house.  It's not paranoia.  It's being prepared. Hell, I also carry an E-Tool and a hachet in my car.
 Nobody is going to get 'the drop' on your FIL (or me) and if it comes, it's gonna be a gunfight.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »
I don't keep one in the shower, but I do have one in the shitter.  I keep one in my bedroom side table.  When  my wife is traveling, it's under my pillow.  *shrug* I carry one daily.  I have a shotgun in the garage and a couple more in the house.  A pair of rifles, somewhere in the house.  It's not paranoia.  It's being prepared. Hell, I also carry an E-Tool and a hachet in my car.
 Nobody is going to get 'the drop' on your FIL (or me) and if it comes, it's gonna be a gunfight.
Funny about so doe he have an e-tool, one of the old ones with the wooden handle and the folding spade and pick, he keeps it right behind the seat with an axe, d-handle shovel and a sledge and a what he calls it a tanker's bar, he calls them pioneer Tools.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »
Maybe everyone would feel better if they used a clear shower curtain and locked the bathroom door, and secured their premises before they shower.  I like clear prism curtains because you can see figures that move, yet your modesty is preserved.  They also work as good cafe curtains in bedrooms/bathrooms, allowing plenty of light in, preserving modesty, and if you attach them to a rod, by inserting curtain holders into the punch hole side, they can be pushed open at times.  Next best thing to window adhesives or window coverings.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »
Funny about so doe he have an e-tool, one of the old ones with the wooden handle and the folding spade and pick, he keeps it right behind the seat with an axe, d-handle shovel and a sledge and a what he calls it a tanker's bar, he calls them pioneer Tools.

That Tankers Bar is scary item. 

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
Maybe everyone would feel better if they used a clear shower curtain and locked the bathroom door, and secured their premises before they shower.  I like clear prism curtains because you can see figures that move, yet your modesty is preserved.  They also work as good cafe curtains in bedrooms/bathrooms, allowing plenty of light in, preserving modesty, and if you attach them to a rod, by inserting curtain holders into the punch hole side, they can be pushed open at times.  Next best thing to window adhesives or window coverings.

And maybe we could also serve espresso with a twist of lemon.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
That Tankers Bar is scary item.
What is a tankers bar?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »
And maybe we could also serve espresso with a twist of lemon.
I'll take a shot of espresso and a gin martini with a twist since you're offering.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »
What is a tankers bar?

Hmmm.  IIRC, the one I saw was about 4 feet long, weighed about 20 lbs(?) was pointed on one end, like a big toothpick, with a rounded or somewhat curled end.  Hardened steel.

It's been over 30 years since I rode with the Tankers.  So I might have been off on the weight.  Anybody remember more clearly?  (Shut up, miller, I'm talking to the men on this forum) 

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2018, 09:51:09 PM »
I'll take a shot of espresso and a gin martini with a twist since you're offering.

Careful, start me drinking and I become a fun date.  Just ask Die Frau.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
Careful, start me drinking and I become a fun date.  Just ask Die Frau.
Which one?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,