Author Topic: Jeopardy! and James Holzhauer's Amazing Run  (Read 9179 times)

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
Re: Jeopardy! and James Holzhauer's Amazing Run
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
Monday's show should be interesting  :)
It was.
not well-liked, but right

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »
Or you could just watch how it ends on Twitter right now.
Yes, and they had a news story on the 5PM news today before the show aired announcing he lost. I am surprised it was kept secret for so long (a month or two) being there were many people that saw the show when it was originally taped.

Anyway, James had an amazing run and I am sure he will be back in the Jeopardy tournaments. And now he gets paid  :)  and Ken can breathe a sigh of relief :)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2019, 06:18:51 PM »
Well crap.  One of the best things about James' run was Alex was a lot less irritating than usual.  No dumb comments interjected when announcing categories (''Opera.. oh-oh''), his pompous know-it-all shtick dialed back, etc.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »
Well crap.  One of the best things about James' run was Alex was a lot less irritating than usual.  No dumb comments interjected when announcing categories (''Opera.. oh-oh''), his pompous know-it-all shtick dialed back, etc.
:) I am sure a game or tournament with James, Ken, and Brad is already in the works.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2019, 06:38:16 PM »
:) I am sure a game or tournament with James, Ken, and Brad is already in the works.

Hope so.

One thing interesting about Alex is his repertoire of hand gestures.  For example the pointing - no one else can get away with pointing at people (the contestants and others) all the time the way he does.  He has all sorts of others, and makes them all look natural.

He must practice a lot.  Jimmy tries some of Alex' hand gestures, but is not convincing at all.  I wonder if they have a coach.