Author Topic: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse  (Read 20936 times)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:18:51 AM »
Post what is striking your fancy this moment in time.  Strangely I've been too busy for watching movies lately.  I did watch this Paul Naschy werewolf film and it is very fitting for a website based on anomalous subjects.  In The Werewolf and The Yeti (1975), there was a character named Lawrence Talbot it in this but it wasn't the werewolf.  Also some very sexy ladies. 2 and a half stars.  Pretty silly but entertaining!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
Re: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 12:25:31 AM »
Apparently you can only modify a post once?
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:27:14 AM »
Post what is striking your fancy this moment in time.  Strangely I've been too busy for watching movies lately.  I did watch this Paul Naschy werewolf film and it is very fitting for a website based on anomalous subjects.  In The Werewolf and The Yeti (1975), there was a character named Lawrence Talbot it in this but it wasn't the werewolf.  Also some very sexy ladies. 2 and a half stars.  Pretty silly but entertaining!

FIFM!!!

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:27:37 AM »
Apparently you can only modify a post once?
If that is true- people are very quickly going to realize that I sound like an idiot until at least my third edit... (I'm in trouble.)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 12:34:06 AM »
If that is true- people are very quickly going to realize that I sound like an idiot until at least my third edit... (I'm in trouble.)

LOL.  You're not alone!!!  I'm just lazy.  I'll usually post something without proofreading it.  Gets me in trouble sometimes especially if it is a really long post.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 01:10:19 AM »
I'm a fan of Rocky Horror Picture Show  Sorry  ::)

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

vathek

• KIDD
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 01:23:00 AM »
-- Some of the links below are NSFW --

Additionally, what follows is not quite a review, more a fragmentary post-screening stream of consciousness.

So, the writer of Alien tries directing . . .

. . . accidentally creates a "punk horror" classic and invents the trope that zombies dine on braiiiiiiins.  Too, grants the subject its first thin veneer of "science," in the form of the resurrecting chemical known as "Trioxin."

[nsfw]
The movie released in 1985, the better part of two decades before Playboy's generation-defining photoshoot, and yet (for not-entirely-compelling "censorship" reasons) the female lead ("Tina," played by Beverly Randolph) is an ardent adherent of acomoclitism throughout!
[/nsfw]

The young rebels scamp around in an eyewatering 1960 Caddy convertible.

Perhaps the worst — which we know means best — "endings" ever burned onto 35mm.  Slightly more polished model and sound work and it could have really delivered! 

I don't necessarily buy into rankings.  If this kind of thing is your bag — novel ideas wrapped in unintentionally un-scary horror — take a seat and grab a popcorn.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:53 AM »

Eagle eyes see the sacrifice tattoo on Harry's back at 1:25

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 11:28:43 PM »
I just watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service for like the 15th time and I cried.  I give it 3.5 stars but with Sean, it would have been the best Bond film ever.  Should have been his last Bond.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
I just watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service for like the 15th time and I cried.  I give it 3.5 stars but with Sean, it would have been the best Bond film ever.  Should have been his last Bond.

I have been down that bobsled run in St Moritz. 1977 World Championships.
Are we having fun yet?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 11:40:16 PM »

I have been down that bobsled run in St Moritz. 1977 World Championships.

Cool!!!    8)

That chase is so great.  Gotta love Telly's take on Blofeld and Diana Rigg.  Oooh boy, I fell in love with her hard in the film.  All that plus Louis Armstrong.  Not a traditional Bond song but maybe the best and most soulful.  RIP, Louis.

P.S.  I thought Lazenby filled the shoes reasonably well but I'll always wish that Sean had given it a go.  He probably would have if he had read the script.  He didn't seem to be fond of reading scripts though. ::)

PPS. Diamonds are Forever was garbage compared to this.  Jill St. John was annoying and the 2 Kidnostads were silly.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 12:01:17 AM »

I watched The Lives of a Bengal Lancer tonight on TCM. I'd never seen it before but lots of interruptions so wouldn't be fair to rate it. But I did get to see all the gratuitous shaving scene. Hot in here

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »

Cool!!!    8)

That chase is so great.  Gotta love Telly's take on Blofeld and Diana Rigg.  Oooh boy, I fell in love with her hard in the film.  All that plus Louis Armstrong.  Not a traditional Bond song but maybe the best and most soulful.  RIP, Louis.

P.S.  I thought Lazenby filled the shoes reasonably well but I'll always wish that Sean had given it a go.  He probably would have if he had read the script.  He didn't seem to be fond of reading scripts though. ::)

PPS. Diamonds are Forever was garbage compared to this.  Jill St. John was annoying and the 2 Kidnostads were silly.

That was her most attractive role imo

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
I was trying to watch something fun on Netflix earlier today and I kept drawing blanks.  Finally I came to a show called Sherlock (as in Holmes) and I pressed the play button.  I'm very glad I did because it is a real joy to watch.  I'm kind of a Sherlock Holmes purist and I have put off watching this series for a couple of years, but not now.  Binge watching, here I come. 

It's all modern Sherlock Holmes and was filmed in London itself so there is a lot of flavor in both dialogue and location.  I like how they made the modern Sherlock behave in much the same way as the old one.  Benedict Cumberbatch plays Holmes and he does a great job and is even a bit funnier than past Sherlocks.  I enjoy how the producers film him when he thinks, by this I mean that you see words appear on items when he is observing them.  At least they did in this first episode called A Study in Pink.   

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
I was trying to watch something fun on Netflix earlier today and I kept drawing blanks.  Finally I came to a show called Sherlock (as in Holmes) and I pressed the play button.  I'm very glad I did because it is a real joy to watch.  I'm kind of a Sherlock Holmes purist and I have put off watching this series for a couple of years, but not now.  Binge watching, here I come. 

It's all modern Sherlock Holmes and was filmed in London itself so there is a lot of flavor in both dialogue and location.  I like how they made the modern Sherlock behave in much the same way as the old one.  Benedict Cumberbatch plays Holmes and he does a great job and is even a bit funnier than past Sherlocks.  I enjoy how the producers film him when he thinks, by this I mean that you see words appear on items when he is observing them.  At least they did in this first episode called A Study in Pink.

There can be only one.