Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!  (Read 13147 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2021, 01:08:57 PM »
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »
I'll have to admit it was Rush who constantly praised Apple products that pushed me over from Windows to Mac and iOS. His enthusiasm for all things Apple was a powerful sales tool.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So, he had his "bastard" side too. 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

catbert99

• KDWN
  • Life-long Republican!
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2021, 08:54:48 PM »
Using one of his favorite terms... Rush has assumed room temperature.

He is just a dead guy who made himself a multimillionaire many times over by targeting immigrants, women who use birth control, the preteen daughters of politicians, the Obamas, rape survivors, environmentalists, gay people, Asians, Latinos, Black people, and feminists. 

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
Re: NOW BOB DOLE HAS CANCER!
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2021, 10:01:58 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bob-dole-says-hes-been-diagnosed-with-stage-4-lung-cancer

I wrote portions of a speech for Elizabeth Dole as well as writing a speech for someone else at a government conference.

The other speaker was a non-native speaker and she had problems pronunciation wise with words like "focus."

Let your imagination run wild...

So, I wrote the words so she would pronounce things "as intended."

Focus = Faux-cuss
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: NOW BOB DOLE HAS CANCER!
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2021, 04:30:21 AM »
I wrote portions of a speech for Elizabeth Dole as well as writing a speech for someone else at a government conference.

The other speaker was a non-native speaker and she had problems pronunciation wise with words like "focus."

Let your imagination run wild...

So, I wrote the words so she would pronounce things "as intended."

Focus = Faux-cuss
we all know someone who could use a writer like you for teleprompting....
Feb brew wary
New clear
New klee her
Thee adore
Thee uh der

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2021, 09:15:26 AM »
This was kind of a given, but the Rush Limbaugh radio show is in a coma and on its death bed.

Instead of being topical and up-to-date, it is "Rush's greatest hits." Sadly that's not why he was so great. It was because he had an incredible view of what was topical.

It would be the equivalent of replaying Art Bell seven nights a week. No, it would be worse because Art Bell didn't necessarily have timely topical things going on.

I guess they want to kill the time slot. Instead of keeping it dynamic and vital, they're going ruin it for any successors.

They had a year to prepare for this and it seems like they have no clue or they're so in love with Rush that they think 10-year-old audio is going to carry a show that people tuned in for today's topics.

RIP The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Back from the dead, Frazier.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2021, 11:34:50 AM »
This was kind of a given, but the Rush Limbaugh radio show is in a coma and on its death bed.

Instead of being topical and up-to-date, it is "Rush's greatest hits." Sadly that's not why he was so great. It was because he had an incredible view of what was topical.

It would be the equivalent of replaying Art Bell seven nights a week. No, it would be worse because Art Bell didn't necessarily have timely topical things going on.

I guess they want to kill the time slot. Instead of keeping it dynamic and vital, they're going ruin it for any successors.

They had a year to prepare for this and it seems like they have no clue or they're so in love with Rush that they think 10-year-old audio is going to carry a show that people tuned in for today's topics.

RIP The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Back from the dead, Frazier.

They could have done that for a few days, then gone with a series of guest hosts doing current issues.

I think the hosts are each so unique that no one is going to take over their show when they leave.  It's not possible for ''The Rush Limbaugh Show'' to continue.  There are plenty of local and national hosts - but no one like Rush - so just choose a show to fill the time slot, and keep fiddling with it until one of them generates ratings.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2021, 11:37:43 AM »
They have affiliate and advertiser contracts, so the show will probably have to go on for a while.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »
Well, it'll be very curious how the advertising dollars will shrink if they keep running it into the ground. All of the guest hosts could do a good show. Brent Winterble actually had a good show here in Southern California and, he never told me, he had worked for Rush. If I knew that, I would have asked for an autographed picture!

Somebody has made a decision that it is better to live in the past.

I loved Rush's delivery he was enjoyable to listen to, entertaining as hell, but with all of his guest hosts I listened too.  I want to know what's going on. I want to hear how the politicians are trying to screw us.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2021, 12:38:25 PM »
They have affiliate and advertiser contracts, so the show will probably have to go on for a while.

No clause about the host dying?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2021, 01:20:26 PM »
No clause about the host dying?

Silly!  If they had one of those clauses Coast to Coast AM would have been taken off the air already...  Oh, you mean physical death, not about the genre or the brain dead host.
Eh, nevermind...

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
With all due respect to Rush, shouldn't this thread be moved to the String Morgue.  Jus' sayin'.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »
With all due respect to Rush, shouldn't this thread be moved to the String Morgue.  Jus' sayin'.

Was string what was used to tie half his brain behind his back?
😁😁😁
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2021, 09:33:40 AM »
Two weeks of the deification of Rush Limbaugh during his show slot... Stop for fuck's sake; what's happening today? These hosts are capable of bringing today's news to the table and they're just sitting there talking about the past.

They keep saying that they will keep the show going until everybody has had their chance to say goodbye. I have a feeling with that is code for is they will keep doing this until the ratings drop and they lose advertising money. If this was Rush Limbaugh's wish, I think his legacy will be tainted. Kind of like what Art Bell did by picking Heather Wade.

Really disappointed. I actually switched to Armstrong and Getty. I tried to tune in today and Brent is on again talking about the deification of Rush. Yes, I believe that he is the only reason the Republicans even have a fucking party anyway.

Eh, nevermind...