Author Topic: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.  (Read 286236 times)

Zenman

• KDWN
Re: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »
Buckle up ! ! !

Cool. This is one of their "live-jam" cuts combining segments from songs in at least 2 albums, in this case, Aquatarkus, a later movement from Tarkus in the LP by the same name, plus part of the 1st Impression in Karn Evil 9 from the LP Brain Salad Surgery. ELP fanatic here, lol.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »
Wasn't on the list!  >:(

;) ;D

No honestly, I could think of several bands that I love that were'n't on the list like Danzig, Type O Negative and Iron Maiden.  I also enjoy Punk Rock and Psychobilly for a thrash/head banging type of music.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2018, 08:45:53 PM »
I've recently been re-listening to some Steve Winwood on Amazon Music. What a great talent!

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2018, 08:52:02 PM »
No honestly, I could think of several bands that I love that were'n't on the list like Danzig, Type O Negative and Iron Maiden.  I also enjoy Punk Rock and Psychobilly for a thrash/head banging type of music.
It was a top of the 80's list. There are many more bands on my personal classics list too. But those were the biggies of the time. That's why it was called the big 4. I like the ones you mentioned too as well as the techno mixes like Ministry & KMFDM. I have just over 7000 songs on my phone with a little bit of every metal genera. Too many to get into. Not much into the overly melodic Nu Metal where they sing like a pop band and then try to go all hardcore and scream overly distorted for a few seconds and then back to the slack shit.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
It was a top of the 80's list. There are many more bands on my personal classics list too. But those were the biggies of the time. That's why it was called the big 4. I like the ones you mentioned too as well as the techno mixes like Ministry & KMFDM. I have just over 7000 songs on my phone with a little bit of every metal genera. Too many to get into. Not much into the overly melodic Nu Metal where they sing like a pop band and then try to go all hardcore and scream overly distorted for a few seconds and then back to the slack shit.

Yeah, Nu Metal is pretty lame stuff.  I love a lot of different music though very little from today.  Mostly til' the aughts.  I won't say how many songs I have uploaded to Itunes as I have only a vague idea but it must number in the 10's of thousands.  I can't possibly keep it all on my phone though I wish I could. 

I was just being a smart ass.  ;)

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »
What we listened to during my senior trip to the 'Nam'

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
What we listened to during my senior trip to the 'Nam'

LOL. The Cramps covered that too.

Lob Bazare

• KDWN
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2018, 09:22:08 PM »
LOL. The Cramps covered that too.

Don't you know about the bird? Well everybody knows that the bird is a word!!!

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
Don't you know about the bird? Well everybody knows that the bird is a word!!!

That's hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2018, 12:26:07 AM »
Sonny Bono solo

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2018, 01:52:37 AM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »
I'm in a different mood...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

I think we were discussing more of the trash etc style of Metal. Certain Maiden, etc would be near the top of the Metal category.

Remember "Elvis Hitler"? Some fun stuff: Purple Haze vs Green Acres.

Local band I loved, were hilarious:

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »
This always brought a tear to my eye...