Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 356491 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #765 on: January 27, 2020, 05:44:25 PM »
I wonder if, in his last will and testament, Kobe did make a statement regarding the taste of Shaq's ass?

I wonder which of Kobe's friends couldn't wait to be the first to show him the video.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #766 on: January 27, 2020, 05:48:52 PM »
It's what Kobe would have wanted.

The Lakers next game is in LA, against the Clips.  So they get a vacation day at home in Southern Calif.

I bet if they were in the middle of an Indiana - Milwaukee - Minnesota road trip they wouldn't decide to postpone a game

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #767 on: January 27, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »
@PB Yeah.  Hard to believe Moses Malone is up there.  I will admit to being a fan of the 'Mailman' back in the day.

Is mail man to ''letter carrier'' the worst of the PC job title change upgrades (garbage man to sanitation engineer, etc)?

Karl ''The Letter Carrier'' Malone just doesn't do it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #768 on: January 27, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »
The talk of retiring that asshole rapist's numbers (8 & 24) from the entire league is fucking ridiculous.

The histrionics are believable, look at the fan base.  Yay sportsball!

Kobe was no Roberto Clemente or Joe Delaney and he certainly wasn't near Jackie Robinson.

He is the rapist of a 19-year old who had his legal team attack her with lies and innuendo.

Hope he survived the crash and burned slowly.
Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #769 on: January 27, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
Is mail man to ''letter carrier'' the worst of the PC job title change upgrades (garbage man to sanitation engineer, etc)?

I wonder if garbage men were called that because they used to hoist the full metal garbage cans into the backs of the garbage trucks?  In all my life, I never once saw a garbage woman hoisting the trash.  Nowadays, of course, the trucks have mechanical grippers that grab and dump the garbage containers.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #770 on: January 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »
I wonder which of Kobe's friends couldn't wait to be the first to show him the video.

All of them.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #771 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:27 PM »

LOL!  How would 'Pistol Pete' Maravich translate today?  He'd be force to change his nickname.   ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #772 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:23 PM »
The talk of retiring that asshole rapist's numbers (8 & 24) from the entire league is fucking ridiculous.

The histrionics are believable, look at the fan base.  Yay sportsball!

Kobe was no Roberto Clemente or Joe Delaney and he certainly wasn't near Jackie Robinson.

He is the rapist of a 19-year old who had his legal team attack her with lies and innuendo.

Hope he survived the crash and burned slowly.

@sean92008  Bringing up Clemente struck a nerve.  Not because of you.  It's because I was listening to a radio show out of Pittsburgh and they were comparing Kobe to Clemente and not only did it blow my mind, but it made me sick.  Trying to correlate this tragedy with the one that claimed Clemente's life.  Hmmmm....let's see.  Kobe flew in a helicopter because he wanted to get to where he was going faster and claimed his 6' 6" frame was uncomfortable riding in a car.  Bullshit.  Clemente died in an airplane crash delivering supplies to earthquake victims.  Yeah...same thing.   ::)

In fact I have seen several online headlines asking if Kobe Bryant is this generation's Roberto Clemente.  Goddamn I wanna puke.  >:(  I mean...REALLY!!!??

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #773 on: January 27, 2020, 08:17:37 PM »
@sean92008  Bringing up Clemente struck a nerve.  Not because of you.  It's because I was listening to a radio show out of Pittsburgh and they were comparing Kobe to Clemente and not only did it blow my mind, but it made me sick.  Trying to correlate this tragedy with the one that claimed Clemente's life.  Hmmmm....let's see.  Kobe flew in a helicopter because he wanted to get to where he was going faster and claimed his 6' 6" frame was uncomfortable riding in a car.  Bullshit.  Clemente died in an airplane crash delivering supplies to earthquake victims.  Yeah...same thing.   ::)

In fact I have seen several online headlines asking if Kobe Bryant is this generation's Roberto Clemente.  Goddamn I wanna puke.  >:(  I mean...REALLY!!!??

That's truly sickening.  I'd say unbelievable, but it really no longer is.

It appears we are entering the phase of this story where truth doesn't matter, only continuation of the narrative - with the hacks seeing an opportunity to grab attention by either being the most outrageous or most provocative, and the mal-educated to expose themselves. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #774 on: January 27, 2020, 08:33:22 PM »
Maybe we're due for a mass viral extinction...  One that only spreads in turtle-safe paper straws.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #776 on: January 27, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »
... turtle-safe paper straws.

Made in China?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #777 on: January 27, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
Made in China?
Chinese gotta eat.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #778 on: January 28, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
Whew, now that Kobe has been Sainted, Enshrined by Acclaim into the Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Tennis Hall of Fames, and Etched onto Mt Rushmore - we return to our regular programming - Week 2 of Super Bowl hype.  Never has it been so welcome

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #779 on: January 28, 2020, 03:53:37 PM »
Whew, now that Kobe has been Sainted, Enshrined by Acclaim into the Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Tennis Hall of Fames, and Etched onto Mt Rushmore - we return to our regular programming - Week 2 of Super Bowl hype.  Never has it been so welcome

Finally, the AP caught the proper perspective...

https://apnews.com/aff9e82dbd41948100c72b0ad7a7c956

Eh, nevermind...