Author Topic: News from Coast to Coast about Art Bell.  (Read 1513 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
News from Coast to Coast about Art Bell.
« on: September 04, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/introducing-the-art-bell-vault/
This is from the Coast to Coast am web site.
  Coast to Coast AM is proud to announce the launch of our newest feature for Coast Insiders: The Art Bell Vault. This ongoing curated collection features classic Art Bell programs in which the legendary C2C host talked to renowned paranormal researchers about a vast array of strange and unusual topics as well as unforgettable episodes featuring one-of-a-kind callers with fantastic stories and mysterious individuals with some truly amazing claims.

As part of our initial 20 shows launching the Art Bell Vault, we're showcasing some truly iconic episodes like the 1995 appearance of aspiring time traveler 'Mad Man Marcum,' who detailed his attempts to build a machine to journey into the past. Coast Insiders can also hear Mel Waters discuss a bottomless hole said to be in his backyard and a man named 'Bugs,' who purportedly shot a Bigfoot. In addition to that, subscribers can hear Art Bell's first conversations with Father Malachi Martin as well as Dr. Michio Kaku.

These riveting programs have commercials and breaks removed and are presented in multiple-platforms-- available on-demand for Mac, Windows, IOS, and Android. Many of them feature rare "5th" hours of content from back in the 90s when the show had a longer running time. We do include Art's beloved bumper music, which became such an indelible part of his program.

And for the true Art Bell fan, we offer different listening options to fine tune your experience, such as guest only, and full show streams. Two vintage shows will be added to the collection each week. Coast Insiders, we're very happy to bring this new offering to you at no additional charge to your subscription! We welcome your feedback.

Not yet a Coast Insider? Now, is the perfect time to get onboard.

PB

• Ellevated
Re: News from Coast to Coast about Art Bell.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
This is from the Coast to Coast am web site...

Looks like the Snorge is fulfilling the promise he made to MV to release the material they've got rat-holed around the Premrat offices. 

All this time later and only 20 episodes is a bit disappointing though, I wonder do they plan on releasing the rest of it - they should have everything, if they haven't lost or tossed them.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 07:17:57 PM »
Looks like the Snorge is fulfilling the promise he made to MV to release the material they've got rat-holed around the Premrat offices. 

All this time later and only 20 episodes is a bit disappointing though, I wonder do they plan on releasing the rest of it - they should have everything, if they haven't lost or tossed them.

They have played more than 20 episodes on Saturday night as part of the Somewhere In Time series since Noory made that promise. poor attempt at trying to get more subscribers. 
Are we having fun yet?

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
I actually turn it off when I hear an old somewhere in time episode with Art anymore. Especially if I recognize it from original air.  Just because I know what used to be will never be again. Art was no saint by any means in my 20/20 retrospective estimation but it was magical radio at the time and will never be again.
Babu!!!!

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 12:46:41 AM »
I actually turn it off when I hear an old somewhere in time episode with Art anymore. Especially if I recognize it from original air.  Just because I know what used to be will never be again. Art was no saint by any means in my 20/20 retrospective estimation but it was magical radio at the time and will never be again.
I agree with what you just posted @Enard P Farkwark . I may listen to an old show for a little bit but then I changed to a different show. Some of the shows are VERY DATED especially when the show is talking about computer tech. Art may have been a very good host but as a person away from the mic, he was a very flawed person.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 05:34:57 AM »
[/quote]

Put them all out at once - people subscribe for a month, download them all and then cancel.
Drip them out - more money for old rope.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 06:06:40 AM »
Plus, tape is linear. It’s not like copying digital files. Digitizing a four hour show will take four hours. Then add time for editing. One person could prepare at most two shows during one work day.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 01:24:06 PM »
If you are a Coast Insider you can listen to all the Somewhere in Time w/ Art Bell shows so what is the point of this?  What they have posted now is already in the SIT archive.  Makes no sense to me.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »
If you are a Coast Insider you can listen to all the Somewhere in Time w/ Art Bell shows so what is the point of this?  What they have posted now is already in the SIT archive.  Makes no sense to me.

The only potential benefit would be that we would be getting Hi-Fi quality shows that might only exist on U7Radio.org with crappy sound quality. 

I'm curious if Airyn has been consulted in any way about this. She has no claim to anything based on what Art has said. He stated that he sold everything when the show was sold.  His estate doesn't even own his own voice. That recording of thunder doesn't even belong to him (or Heather).  One of the most memorable things in the whole show, along with the thunder and The Chase, that crashing piano riff, is wholly owned by PremRat.

I've posted it elsewhere but, for simple reference, Art said that he used Hi-Fi recordings on VHS for his programs. Even at one of a slower speeds, he still going at a higher quality recording than conventional cassettes and nearing studio-quality reel-to-reel.

Overall, I think it's a good move. Although it could be bad for George. Listening to the two shows, the obvious choice is Art over George.
Eh, nevermind...