Author Topic: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!  (Read 14264 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Top 50 most disturbing movies of all time. WARNING: DISTURBING!
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
Magic is one of my top three of all time. I have it in VHS, DVD and BR digital.  "We're gonna be a staarrr" "I think we're dying"  I had completely forgot about Audrey Rose! Thank you for the reminder ;) I'll watch it again for the first time.  ..and now I'm thinkin' Rosemary's Baby may have to be on the list.
Yeah, it is a scary movie indeed though I don't have that many copies!  I agree on adding Rosemary's Baby, also "The Sentinel" and "Let's Scare Jessica to Death." Not sure why LSJTD creeped me out because I recently rewatched it on 'free tv' and wasn't as effective. Still creepy mood but I wasn't scared as when I first saw.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 01:54:37 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 02:32:43 PM »

Speaking of scary movies based on serial killers:

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2018, 05:37:31 AM »
Yeah, it is a scary movie indeed though I don't have that many copies!  I agree on adding Rosemary's Baby, also "The Sentinel" and "Let's Scare Jessica to Death." Not sure why LSJTD creeped me out because I recently rewatched it on 'free tv' and wasn't as effective. Still creepy mood but I wasn't scared as when I first saw.

I'm with you albrecht.  The first time I saw LSJTD it was indeed creepy.  The movie always stuck with me.  30 years later I watched it again and was bored.  I still feel that this should me remade.  I read rumors about it some time ago that it may happen.  There are so many remakes out there of other movies that are bad, but I think this one could be good if it can capture the original atmosphere.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »

I never saw the sentinel although the judas priest song is intense! Always known about it and until now had never seen the trailer but it looks good! I'm gonna check it out.  And what is it with Burgess Meredith in all those great 70s horror films? He's was great. I was still in the single digits when many of these movies came out but I still say even now that the 70s movies of this genre had a genuinely creepiness to them like no other decade.  Could be the grainy film or even the fact that they had to work so hard not having CGI and all the shit of later years.

Let's not forget that Burgess was also great boxing coach ;)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »
I never saw the sentinel although the judas priest song is intense! Always known about it and until now had never seen the trailer but it looks good! I'm gonna check it out.  And what is it with Burgess Meredith in all those great 70s horror films? He's was great. I was still in the single digits when many of these movies came out but I still say even now that the 70s movies of this genre had a genuinely creepiness to them like no other decade.  Could be the grainy film or even the fact that they had to work so hard not having CGI and all the shit of later years.

Let's not forget that Burgess was also great boxing coach ;)
Indeed! Who can forget his coaching? And he also was in some comedies. Versatile. I think the film? Maybe? And general malaise during that time? Makes good movies, of many genre and actors and actresses that aren't perfect bodies so had to act.

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2018, 04:32:45 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I finally saw this and it was creepy, horrifying, and all around nightmarish! It was  a little like Rosemary's Baby and I won't be forgetting it anytime soon. I can't say it was very scary or a new favorite horror film, but it definitely belongs in the disturbing category for me.
♦♦👽♦♦

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2018, 11:24:02 AM »

I finally saw this and it was creepy, horrifying, and all around nightmarish! It was  a little like Rosemary's Baby and I won't be forgetting it anytime soon. I can't say it was very scary or a new favorite horror film, but it definitely belongs in the disturbing category for me.

It was on my watch list but never actually made it to the theater. I might have to watch it from home. It looked good on the previews and heard good things of it from family that went to it

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »
It was on my watch list but never actually made it to the theater. I might have to watch it from home. It looked good on the previews and heard good things of it from family that went to it
It's definitely worth watching. Hmm, that ending...…….. :-\

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:40 AM »

just saw that   :)  @XArea51

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 12:42:15 AM »
just saw that   :)  @XArea51

So what did you think of the movie? @tootsie_wootsy
♦♦👽♦♦

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 02:03:32 AM »

So what did you think of the movie? @tootsie_wootsy

pretty good  :)  @XArea51

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2019, 01:40:39 PM »
Watched Night of the Living Dead again, well actually the Rifftrax version  :)

I remember the original Night of the Living Dead when it came out. It seemed much scarier.

Since MST3K and Rifftrax, it is difficult to be scared by any film these days.......

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Hows about: