Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 350629 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Celebrity Deaths
« on: July 05, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »
Placeholder for the electronic mausoleum of celebrity cremains.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »
Bill Wautros. He’s the real trombone player you heard when Riker was playing his horn. TNG.
Merry Christmas

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »

NotanFBImonitor

• KIDD
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »
Bill Wautros. He’s the real trombone player you heard when Riker was playing his horn. TNG.

Wait...that wasn't really Two-Rapes Frakes playing? I won't be able to sleep tonight with that thought.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dr. Deplorable

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:23:59 PM »
Wait...that wasn't really Two-Rapes Frakes playing? I won't be able to sleep tonight with that thought.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

#himtoo? ???

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:25:51 AM »

According to him, he did play trombone, but the good playing was a Watrous overdub.
Merry Christmas

Dr. Deplorable

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
Bellgab. This place is no substitute and the power has already gone to Bart Ell's stupid head. ::)

He's also a liberal. ::) ::)

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 04:56:42 AM »
Steve Ditko. RIP

spacegirl

• KMST
  • ////// CARPE CAELO! //////
Re: Celebrity Deaths: Glenn Campbell (of Area 51)
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »
I don't know that we'll ever get the zeal of the 90's back.  I was hopeful, then.

Back then the Nevada desert was Mecca for the paranormally inclined. 

Maybe the world has always been as fractioned as it is now — but we could imagine otherwise because we were technological islands.  And now we're confronted daily by the rust that corrodes civilization, and it desiccates optimism.

I don't know.

One of the figures I admired — in the field of the weird — and one of the people I consider synonymous with those "heady days," is Glenn Campbell, who is still alive:

but not for long.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
I don't know that we'll ever get the zeal of the 90's back.  I was hopeful, then.

Back then the Nevada desert was Mecca for the paranormally inclined. 

Maybe the world has always been as fractioned as it is now — but we could imagine otherwise because we were technological islands.  And now we're confronted daily by the rust that corrodes civilization, and it desiccates optimism.

I don't know.

One of the figures I admired — in the field of the weird — and one of the people I consider synonymous with those "heady days," is Glenn Campbell, who is still alive:

but not for long.

He's the founder of the Area 51 Research Center, a veritable walking encyclopedia of black world aerospace. Heartbreaking to see him in this state. It seems only yesterday he was climbing Tickaboo Peak and Freedom Ridge.

spacegirl

• KMST
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
He's the founder of the Area 51 Research Center, a veritable walking encyclopedia of black world aerospace. Heartbreaking to see him in this state. It seems only yesterday he was climbing Tickaboo Peak and Freedom Ridge.

Amen. 

Ever visit the Research Center?

I never had the chance.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 06:40:46 PM »
Amen. 

Ever visit the Research Center?

I never had the chance.
I haven't, but I corresponded with him and he was very patient and helpful with questions, even though he was moving on to other things at the time. Most of his latest work involves documenting ecological change.
http://glenn-campbell.com/

spacegirl

• KMST
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
I haven't, but I corresponded with him and he was very patient and helpful with questions, even though he was moving on to other things at the time. Most of his latest work involves documenting ecological change.

Right; even managed to revisit his old haunt in an incisive Youtube doc about Area 51 "weather stations."

Cool you got to communicate.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 06:52:37 PM »

I recall when Art initially had him on thinking that he was going to interview the single-n Campbell of "Wichita Lineman," wrecking-crew, etc fame. But though I wish Art would've interviewed Glen I enjoyed the interview with Glenn! An interesting character to say the least and I'm sad to see his condition but I'm sure he will handle it well. Odd that both Glen/nns seem to have alerted that their health was soon going to get bad and went public with that.

http://glenn-campbell.com/uwcrcn/    Just one interesting story....