Author Topic: The Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland  (Read 66984 times)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
Re: The Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2018, 02:52:31 AM »
Been listening to Hoagie for years and I still don't understand the 'hyperdimensional physics model',  a Theory of Everything but the reassuring thing is Hoagie has no clue really either.

He would have made quite a masterful con man, I mean he could have enriched himself if he had turned his talents to other areas of commerce than the rather lowly and tacky world of paranormal 'research' and media
LOL - maybe, but I'm glad he didn't. His inconsistencies would have given him away and he wouldn't be with us anymore. For all the shit I give the man, I'm glad he's still around
We know Richard has no academic background in science, he's never even mentioned attending a college. But at 23 years old he becomes the curator of a childrens science museum.  That's quite amazing. I'm not sure what kind of educational background you need to become a science museum curator but I assume a science undergrad degree and/or business degree. And he gets that job at 23 with absolutely nothing but his gift for gab and bullshittery and an avid interest in science and science fiction. He then insinuates himself into the top tier of broadcasting and science, with CBS and NASA. CBS I am sure never did any serious  digging into his background, liked his passion and communication skills, he looked the part of a young scientist so he gets a freelance gig as CBS science advisor. The NASA stuff, Carl Sagan, Gene Rodenberry, Isaac Asimov is crazy, worthy of a movie, the sad part is that he probably could have pulled it all off and become a big success but his delusions of grandeur probably scared everybody off from offering him work or deals.

He could have had a Bill Nye type career, Nye isn't a scientist, he was a mechanical engineer who began doing stand up comedy who found stardom as a TV science explainer and enthusiast. Unlike Hoagie Nye is a very rich popular man who is very much appreciated by mainstream scientists and academic institutions for his ability to teach and inspire that science is fun and amazing stuff while Hoagie couldn't rein in his grandiosity and set about trying to pass himself off as not just a real scientist but one whose work has rewritten everything we know about physics and the Universe. It's quite sad how he can't see how absolutely insane that is.
The thing about Hoagy is he took an idea that does have merit, put a crazy spin on it, rife with inconsistencies, and turned it into a farce. He has had dealings w/ 3-letter agencies, which makes me wonder if he isn't  a dis-info / red herring agent. He sure isn't paying the bills with Club 19.5 subscriptions.  ;)

+1 big guy. (Looks like you need a few. ;)     :D   )
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2018, 03:01:45 AM »
Out of curiosity, what happen between Darkmatter and Hoagie? What got him kicked off?

Bad blood between him and Art?
Oh, man, long story.
I wish i could direct yo to the OSOM thread from BG on the wayback machine, but MV requested to have all BG's archives removed.  :(
Yeah, some shit went down,  Dick fucked over his producer (SaucyRossy), Dick got pranked with a Falkie soundboard, (Art was actually behind that + us,) Dick moved to a new network, Bellgab OSOM followers tuned to the Dark Side.
That about sums it up.  ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2018, 03:09:20 AM »
Times have changed since the 60s, back then stories of boys starting in the mailroom at a company and working themselves up the ladder to CEO were common.
Try getting into the Tech field without a Bachelors degree. 10 years ago an associates' while still in school was all you needed.
Trump is actually changing that though.  (Fuckin' Obummer)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »
Hoagie better get his agent on the phone. Since the Big Bang Theory only has one more season left, he's got to get his shot in now or never.  Since Bob Newhart's character is dead, Hoagland has the perfect opportunity.
     LOL      ;D  ;D  ;D

crankshaft

• KDWN
« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »
Is RCH still alive and kicking?

Will he attempt another show this weekend?

crankshaft

• KDWN
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
The weekend is fast approaching.
I've been diligently checking obituaries in Mew Mexico.
I haven't seen any yet referencing RCH.
Does anyone have any new news on RCH?
Will he attempt another show?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2018, 05:40:23 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2018, 02:39:12 AM »
Been listening to Hoagie for years and I still don't understand the 'hyperdimensional physics model',  a Theory of Everything but the reassuring thing is Hoagie has no clue really either.

He would have made quite a masterful con man, I mean he could have enriched himself if he had turned his talents to other areas of commerce than the rather lowly and tacky world of paranormal 'research' and media

We know Richard has no academic background in science, he's never even mentioned attending a college. But at 23 years old he becomes the curator of a childrens science museum.  That's quite amazing. I'm not sure what kind of educational background you need to become a science museum curator but I assume a science undergrad degree and/or business degree. And he gets that job at 23 with absolutely nothing but his gift for gab and bullshittery and an avid interest in science and science fiction. He then insinuates himself into the top tier of broadcasting and science, with CBS and NASA. CBS I am sure never did any serious  digging into his background, liked his passion and communication skills, he looked the part of a young scientist so he gets a freelance gig as CBS science advisor. The NASA stuff, Carl Sagan, Gene Rodenberry, Isaac Asimov is crazy, worthy of a movie, the sad part is that he probably could have pulled it all off and become a big success but his delusions of grandeur probably scared everybody off from offering him work or deals.

He could have had a Bill Nye type career, Nye isn't a scientist, he was a mechanical engineer who began doing stand up comedy who found stardom as a TV science explainer and enthusiast. Unlike Hoagie Nye is a very rich popular man who is very much appreciated by mainstream scientists and academic institutions for his ability to teach and inspire that science is fun and amazing stuff while Hoagie couldn't rein in his grandiosity and set about trying to pass himself off as not just a real scientist but one whose work has rewritten everything we know about physics and the Universe. It's quite sad how he can't see how absolutely insane that is.

I don't even pretend to understand Hoagie. He can be, when he brings his A Game, be very entertaining and I'll admit, that's all I want.

He could be talking about science non sense and I'll listen. He doesn't bring that A Game very often though.

Hopefully there will be a show tonight to fill the MitD void.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

crankshaft

• KDWN
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »
Anybody making book on the odds?

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »

Nothing on his website for tonight so the odds look pretty low.

101-1 against.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »
Posted at the OSOM website tonight:
"We are going through some internal and technical changes.
We will not be able to broadcast this weekend.
Thank you for your patience and support."

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2018, 09:14:49 PM »
Posted at the OSOM website tonight:
"We are going through some internal and technical changes.
We will not be able to broadcast this weekend.
Thank you for your patience and support."

I'm listening to the repeat show. What the hell, got nothing much else to do.

Exile

• Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
35 minutes. That's all I could take. Hoagie was extra annoying.