Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797594 times)

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2018, 12:30:49 AM »
I use to really like Skippy :) But now, not so much. Jif is real good but Kraft smooth and creamy is really nice too.
Get yourself a Vita-Mix (It's a 2 [peak] HorsePower blender, ) a can of Planters Virginia peanuts, and some cold processed coconut oil (which liquefies at above 76 degrees Fahrenheit , ) toss the peanuts and just a little oil in the vita-mix, and Voila', Tasty (and as smooth as you want,) peanut butter.   :)

Edit: The coconut oil gives it a really good flavor mixed w/ the peanuts - but only use a little bit (about a teaspoon.)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
Re: Jimmy Church and Gravity Sucks
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:33 AM »
@GravitySucks

Jimmy Church has just uttered the phrase "Gravity Sucks"  twice in a minute.   You have ARRIVED baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

And @GravitySucks...   Welcome to the big time.  ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
Now for the original reason i came here.

I'm glad I use an ancient machine for my web-surfing.
The manual (hardware) N.I.C. switch has saved my ass more than once.
Websites that overload and lock up the browser - kill the nic.
Someone probing for open ports - kill the nic.
Notice a stray open port 443 - kill the nic
Calling it a night and don't want SPECTRE and MELTDOWN running on your machine, but still want the browser up for when you come back - kill the nic.
(A manual nic switch powers off the card - no connection, no exfiltration of data, at least while you have the switch shut off. The newer machines may have a separate WiFi or bluetooth chip though.)

Turning off the software nic doesn't work when you need it because 9 times out of ten, the browser and / or system is locked up.
(Although I haven't had a system freeze in years, and when I did, it was usually my doing - lol)

Is this why new machines don't come with them and you have to hard power-down on a system freeze or when you can't cut the connection ?

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2018, 06:15:06 AM »
Is this why new machines don't come with them and you have to hard power-down on a system freeze or when you can't cut the connection ?
solution: unplug the network cable.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »
I have an urge to drink ranch dressing.  Not kidding.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2018, 07:09:41 AM »
So I finally changed the time on the forum to match my local time. LOL.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2018, 08:53:03 AM »
I mean, it is football season.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Note to self - Don't get lip surgery out back of The Home Depot
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
I assume the swelling will recede inside a week?   Attractive young lady - hopefully she isn't messed up long term.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CsSsB_1536091941

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
Re: Note to self - Don't get lip surgery out back of The Home Depot
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
I assume the swelling will recede inside a week?   Attractive young lady - hopefully she isn't messed up long term.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CsSsB_1536091941

bet i'm going to regret emailing that to a few of my fans.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2018, 04:17:12 AM »
I have an urge to drink ranch dressing.  Not kidding.
It has buttermilk in it, which has enzymes.

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Note to self - Don't get lip surgery out back of The Home Depot
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2018, 04:19:02 AM »

bet i'm going to regret emailing that to a few of my fans.
Let us know how that goes, lol.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2018, 05:16:35 AM »
You're on a real eye roll tear lately.

Is your cat's litterbox in your room or are you allowed to have it out in the community area of the house. Oh, and is that dog still there? What about the retard? That house could be a reality show based on your earlier descriptions.

BTW, I need some smite. I wanna see how Barthur has decorated that, shed. Looking to get down into the negative double digits.

God bless you.
Thank you.  You, too.  I moved.  I never use litter boxes.  I use piddle pads.  There are two piddle pad stations in my room and one in my bathroom.  I use disposible pads as well as re-usable, washable pads.  Solids go down the toilet - I am convinced that Solid Waste can filter the bacteria, although the topic is debatable to some people.  I love using piddle pads.  I never have to carry heavy boxes of litter in, or out, ever.  There is no dust, no tracking, no build-up and everything is pristine clean two or three times per day.

At my last place the big dog did vacate about a month before I left.  Only the three little dogs remained.

There were two deranged people there, the abusive bipolar man in his 60s and the stroke-victim rager in her 50s.  I got two temporary restraining orders against the bipolar man.  The stroke victim was frequently hospitalized.  They are probably still there.  Yeah, definitely a reality show.  Unbelievable.  Nice deck, nice space, but horrid addictions/alcoholism.  I miss the cat.

I got my elderly cat out of that crazy house where blow-outs were often daily.  A new, disabled, alcoholic, female retiree couch surfer was sweet as tiramisu each day when she awoke, but by nightfall, would start to fight physically in alcoholic black-outs.  I'm sure her arrest would have been imminent if I had stayed.  I had been bruised the first time, and told her to keep her hands off me the second time.  The third time, the police warned her.

I was fortunate to have the vindication of a very fast move, of just a few sudden hours.  I sacrificed $300 in food and $900 in possessions, but no regrets except it turns out one long-handled shallow cast iron pan evidently is not easy to replace.  The head of household said she would be happy (I'd imagine so) to put the stuff I left behind to good use.  This week, I have had the fun of re-building my brand new emergency food supply.  Even cat food.  Everyone should have an emergency supply of meds, water and non-perishable food, even if it means using a local food bank to help.

This is only a 2-bedroom, so there won't be any crowds here.  Cat seems happy and gets to run at liberty in the condo when I am home.  And we still take leash walks.  I injured my back very badly in late July while vacuuming and am still recovering.  Every time I start to recover, the problem relapses.  If it relapses badly again, I will go get an x-ray to see if I have a fractured rib.  At the moment, though (just like twice before), I feel like I'm on the mend.  I nearly went to urgent care for a couple other things, but they cleared up.  Despite all this, I have gained a LOT of momentum in the gentle, slightly aerobic physical exercise department!

I know it won't be long before I can smite you, KSM, in good conscience.  But, not tonite.  What I want to know is, can a Cuckshedder earn their way back out into Ellsociety?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2018, 05:18:56 AM »
Get yourself a Vita-Mix (It's a 2 [peak] HorsePower blender, ) a can of Planters Virginia peanuts, and some cold processed coconut oil (which liquefies at above 76 degrees Fahrenheit , ) toss the peanuts and just a little oil in the vita-mix, and Voila', Tasty (and as smooth as you want,) peanut butter.   :)

Edit: The coconut oil gives it a really good flavor mixed w/ the peanuts - but only use a little bit (about a teaspoon.)
Yes, home ground nut butter is much healthier because it is not homogenized, according to some people.  Some health food departments have a grinder, and they provide little containers.  The price is cheaper than some prepared brands.  BTW, almond butter is half as easy on your kidneys as peanut butter, but I eat whichever.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »
Aright, the disturbed one. The other woman in the house that seems to have some real problems. And there's nothing wrong with the word "retard" if you're looking for anything PC outta me it's not going to happen. I'll be happy to post a cute cuddly animal picture because we can all agree on that!

Tell me this one doesn't warm your beautiful Lemmy lovin heart :) :P

Editing to say that I need your spite. Now be a dear would ya please.
I love this pic!!!
What is your avatar?  Color-coded Mind Control?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2018, 05:34:26 AM »
Tell us why on earth you would refer to someone as a retard? You're better than that and retard hasn't even been an edgy thing to say since the 5th grade
Ordinarily, the word retard is insulting to developmentally delayed people.  Not nice.

The people I just moved away from were vile.  Utterly vile.  Here is an example:  The head of household, in her sixties, thinks it's cool to brag about the following incident.  She used to walk her little dog in a neighbor's yard, where it did its business.  She never cleaned it up.  One day, the neighbor asked her to clean it up.  She raged at him and is still very proud of scaring him back into his home, to this day.  End of story.  That is what she is proud of in life.

There is an official lack of affordable housing.  I was truly lucky to be there.  She, her family and their associates were liars, hypocrites, thieves, potheads, alcoholics, ragers, domestically violent, bullies, manipulators, filthy dirty, selfish, myopic, hardened, callous, disgusting, unsafe, unsanitary, diseased (two couch surfers), enablers to hard drug users (couch surfers), negligent, derelict, and drove drunk.  I forgive anyone who uses the word retard to describe any of them, because finding the right word would be too overwhelming.  I guess the right word would be sickos, but does that insult people who really are ill?