Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797165 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 04:28:24 PM »
People should stop trespassing on my Mom's property.  I don't want to go to jail.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
People should stop trespassing on my Mom's property.  I don't want to go to jail.

No "castle doctrine" or at least "stand your ground" laws there? Or just police or security guards? Or a nice big dog?

Be careful, "Foodlion" disappeared, from BG at least, after posting messages about trespassers and what to do....

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »

Karma UP+

...esp. for starting the NFL thread... :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »
No "castle doctrine" or at least "stand your ground" laws there? Or just police or security guards? Or a nice big dog?

Be careful, "Foodlion" disappeared, from BG at least, after posting messages about trespassers and what to do....

'Stand your ground' is in effect.  However, 'No Trespassing' signs are useless.  The police don't answer those calls.  Why?  I don't know.  That's what the cop told my Mom. 

I don't recall what Foodlion said...however do me a solid and put me in check if I start to go down his (or her) path.   ;)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »
Karma UP+

...esp. for starting the NFL thread... :)

Cool.  Thanks!  I need all the good karma I can get.   ;D

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
'Stand your ground' is in effect.  However, 'No Trespassing' signs are useless.  The police don't answer those calls.  Why?  I don't know.  That's what the cop told my Mom. 

I don't recall what Foodlion said...however do me a solid and put me in check if I start to go down his (or her) path.   ;)

Well since BG is unsold and the ISO hasn't been released I can't quote verbatim. But Foodlion had bought a rural property in Kentucky was growing food etc and going off-grid, sorta, but "methheads" were trespassing and stealing stuff and the local PD was, apparently, "corrupt" or at least too busy to come out and help. He was seeking ways to stop or record so he could report. Of course, many ideas of BGers were mentioned, including some that would be illegal (like shotgun traps, pitfalls,etc.) And legal like motion operated lights, cams etc. I suggested bear traps like used in oil&gas fields etc (essentially a shotgun trip-wire but not shooting the person but a big 'bang' that scares away, though I admittedly was unsure of legality for use on methheads. Then he disappeared. (Hopefully from BG only.) I think a dog is good idea, and legal. Even a small one if barks sometimes can be. And now motion operated lights and even cams are cheap. Basically you just want them to go somewhere else, at this point in some areas, not even catch. Generally, criminals are lazy. (I say generally because there are cases in which crazy work is done for meth- like stealing live power lines, manhole covers, and even RR tracks to sell for scrap! A lot of work! For not that much return, considering!)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
Well since BG is unsold and the ISO hasn't been released I can't quote verbatim. But Foodlion had bought a rural property in Kentucky was growing food etc and going off-grid, sorta, but "methheads" were trespassing and stealing stuff and the local PD was, apparently, "corrupt" or at least too busy to come out and help. He was seeking ways to stop or record so he could report. Of course, many ideas of BGers were mentioned, including some that would be illegal (like shotgun traps, pitfalls,etc.) And legal like motion operated lights, cams etc. I suggested bear traps like used in oil&gas fields etc (essentially a shotgun trip-wire but not shooting the person but a big 'bang' that scares away, though I admittedly was unsure of legality for use on methheads. Then he disappeared. (Hopefully from BG only.) I think a dog is good idea, and legal. Even a small one if barks sometimes can be. And now motion operated lights and even cams are cheap. Basically you just want them to go somewhere else, at this point in some areas, not even catch. Generally, criminals are lazy. (I say generally because there are cases in which crazy work is done for meth- like stealing live power lines, manhole covers, and even RR tracks to sell for scrap! A lot of work! For not that much return, considering!)

So essentially YOU scared Foodlion away.  ;D  I kid. ;)

My Mom is in the city proper and even though it's a nice little area, with a diverse group of people that actually coexist, it is surrounded by subsidized public housing and the new "renovations" they've done to the west corridor seem to be made to accommodate all the Hispanic people that are moving in by the droves.  Nearly every property has been purchased by anybody 'not white' since the city put out bonds, etc, for development.  YES...THAT may sound racist of me but it's the truth.  There were other bids and it seems it was rigged to have minorities get it.  Regardless, I don't care unless the neighborhood doesn't improve.  It hasn't.  :-\

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 07:04:01 PM »
here is what i have of the old eye-pad thread; it contains all the images i from saving the pages, i dont have them all sorry.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o0Ak23-cQzmyr-W1Zh4zOumpttiCd_pW
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »
So essentially YOU scared Foodlion away.  ;D  I kid. ;)

My Mom is in the city proper and even though it's a nice little area, with a diverse group of people that actually coexist, it is surrounded by subsidized public housing and the new "renovations" they've done to the west corridor seem to be made to accommodate all the Hispanic people that are moving in by the droves.  Nearly every property has been purchased by anybody 'not white' since the city put out bonds, etc, for development.  YES...THAT may sound racist of me but it's the truth.  There were other bids and it seems it was rigged to have minorities get it.  Regardless, I don't care unless the neighborhood doesn't improve.  It hasn't.  :-\

She needs to move.

Lonevoice

• KDWN
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »

I think Foodlion made one more post after this one below, but I can't say for sure:
Quote from: FoodLion

September 02, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
Here I sit, dumbfounded about what happened last night.
At around 11:30pm--First we hear some one hopping over the fence, I go out with a flash light to investigate but see nothing. Suddenly it hits me, my camera is pointed at that spot, the same spot they've hopped over time and time again. Expecting to finally get pictures of the piece of filth in action, I go to check the camera, It's gone. Fucking thieves stole my camera and the memory card.

I look for my dog and he's laying on the ground. They must've fed him something to make him sick or fall asleep. I'm about to turn into a hobo with a shotgun and start street sweeping these dope heads.

Looks like I'm going to sell my 4 wheeler and get the money for a security system. At this point I'd rather catch the idiots more than anything. I might be looking for some advice later. If you know about security systems, please let me know. I'm hoping I can get one that will go wifi and I can work and watch from my computer screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am on a budget crises. If you guys can help point me to something really cheap and effective, I will hansomly reward you with any video or pictures of thieves that I manage to get. You guys will really enjoy looking at these ugly mofos. They look like Skelitor from He-man. Just a bag of bones with track marks down their arms. Some real nasty sonofvabitches.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »
I think Foodlion made one more post after this one below, but I can't say for sure:

:(  yep I think that was toward the end. On BG only, hopefully.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »
She needs to move.

YES!

I've begged her for a few years now.  There's always an excuse why she can't.   ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »

Where did he live?

Lonevoice

• KDWN
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2018, 08:21:53 PM »
Where did he live?
That's a detail I don't recall, and regrettably it's an important one.  @albrecht has a great memory, so he's probably right about Kentucky.

Lonevoice

• KDWN
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
here is what i have of the old eye-pad thread; it contains all the images i from saving the pages, i dont have them all sorry.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o0Ak23-cQzmyr-W1Zh4zOumpttiCd_pW

You're the best, wr250!   :-*