Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797748 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #3495 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »
Today I saw a bottle of mezcal in Trader Joe's that didn't have the worm inside. 

Is that a new thing, or was that just a vegan version?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3496 on: September 14, 2020, 07:32:09 PM »
Today I saw a bottle of mezcal in Trader Joe's that didn't have the worm inside. 

Is that a new thing, or was that just a vegan version?

Cruelty to "animals" or marketing to get people to drink something they wouldn't otherwise?

Speaking of TJ's, a shopping bag full of pumpkin-flavored crap was brought home by one of my brood.  200lbs, here I come!
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3497 on: September 14, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3498 on: September 14, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
Up or down?

Up. The pumpkin butter and whatever fattening stuff is in the pile.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3499 on: September 14, 2020, 08:07:36 PM »
Up. The pumpkin butter and whatever fattening stuff is in the pile.

I'm pretty safe around pumpkin.  Now chocolate...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3500 on: September 14, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
I'm pretty safe around pumpkin.  Now chocolate...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3501 on: September 15, 2020, 05:40:50 PM »
Today:

Dental hygienist to me - "Oooh  see how your gums are bleeding?" as she held the mirror for me to see.

Voice in my head to her - "Yeah it's odd, they seem to have a tendency to bleed when people stab them with sharp 'fuckin metal things"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3502 on: September 15, 2020, 07:35:23 PM »
Today:

Dental hygienist to me - "Oooh  see how your gums are bleeding?" as she held the mirror for me to see.

Voice in my head to her - "Yeah it's odd, they seem to have a tendency to bleed when people stab them with sharp 'fuckin metal things"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #3503 on: September 15, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »
Today:

I almost feel this on a spiritual level.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3504 on: September 15, 2020, 09:10:24 PM »
I almost feel this on a spiritual level.

Yes,  I'm THAT good!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3505 on: September 16, 2020, 11:19:17 AM »
In 2009, I bought a few dozen solar powered walkway lights...

I've had a box that I never opened that I finally decided to open today.  Out of the 8, all of them still had enough of a charge to light the LED.  I was under the distinct impression that Ni-Cad batteries didn't have that kind of life span. I'm incredibly impressed.

They're out charging now.  I've added some landscaping features that could use some illumination.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3506 on: September 16, 2020, 11:48:30 AM »
In 2009, I bought a few dozen solar powered walkway lights...

I've had a box that I never opened that I finally decided to open today.  Out of the 8, all of them still had enough of a charge to light the LED.  I was under the distinct impression that Ni-Cad batteries didn't have that kind of life span. I'm incredibly impressed.

They're out charging now.  I've added some landscaping features that could use some illumination.
Wow, pleasant surprise indeed.

I have solar lights and solar knick knacks all over the place including every fence post (almost 90) is topped with a lantern that lights up the yards all through the night. I bet you can see my river place from space! Even the hammock is lit up!

What kind of landscaping have you done and is the fire in the sky impeding your charging? And how the FUCK can you even breathe? @sean92008

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3507 on: September 16, 2020, 12:00:57 PM »
Wow, pleasant surprise indeed.

I have solar lights and solar knick knacks all over the place including every fence post (almost 90) is topped with a lantern that lights up the yards all through the night. I bet you can see my river place from space!

What kind of landscaping have you done and is the fire in the sky impeding your charging? And how the FUCK can you even breathe? @sean92008

I'm close enough to a body of water that the humidity does help with the air.  (The same ocean air is awful for molds and mildews, including my veggie garden.)  Even on 100° days 10 miles east, I can have fog until 9-10 a.m! The exception is when we get Santa Ana winds that are originating from the desert.

The feature is a zig-zagging cascading plumeria feature. I haven't planted it, just put the semi-circle 12" garden wall blocks and pebbled marble chips in... I am already thinking that 16" blocks would have looked better ☹️

Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3508 on: September 17, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »
So I was minding my own business yesterday when suddenly! NO DSL. Hm. We have a good internet provider and when we had the DSL installed it required AT&T to run new lines blah blah techy techy blah. So. Look outside and an AT&T truck is there with a guy working. We figured he was fixing something. He drove away. No DSL.  ???  Another truck came by, but was unable to assist without there being a trouble ticket from the internet provider. Trouble ticket? The internet provider did nothing wrong. We called them anyway. They have to check everything before we can have an AT&T trouble ticket. Finally we got a call that AT&T would be out Saturday between 8am and 8 pm. Whaaa?  >:( >:( >:(  Fast to destroy, slow to repair.
Nevertheless, an AT&T person just showed up. The other guy thought our connection was not in use and took it apart or something blah blah techy techy blah. The person today will apply labels so this does not happen again.

did youse miss me hmmm?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3509 on: September 17, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
Irritant of the week:  Hack

It used to be that hack was someone breaking into a software system to do harm, steal information, or even just for fun.  Then it began to include getting into one's own technological device and adjust it to do something beneficial it wasn't originally designed to do.  (Before that it was a lousy sports player, or a nasty cough).

Now, it's used for anything new or different, or just something that person hadn't thought of before.  Now we ''hack'' our eggs if someone suggested we cook them differently, or read about various ''life hacks', which mostly turn out to be things or ways to do things that the 23 year old who wrote the article never heard of before.  Those aren't ''hacks''.  No one is breaking into anything or doing an unauthorized upgrade. 

This has been around for awhile, but I'm seeing more and more of it.  Dang, please try to find a different way to try to sound cool.