Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!  (Read 13050 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »
Bernie & Sid.
Merry Christmas

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 02:11:44 PM »
Rush Limbaugh, I believe in his last show, had mentioned that breathing was difficult. Today the guest host, Todd Hermanson, mentioned all the staff people's names today. To me, it sounds like they might be at the end of the road. Last night Bill Cunningham even went a little further than his typical "pray for Rush" comments.

I think I even saw or heard something about "pray for remission."

If the show ends, I truly don't know how much radio I would listen to. Even during non-Rush hours, my radio listening is influenced by Rush.

Sean Hannity is an asshole, the guys on Red Eye Radio are idiots... I guess Mark Levin would be the only guy I could give credence to.

I don't think we are going to hear much more from Rush, I've a feeling he's trying to keep it together as best he can dealing with all the treatments for cancer. 

I remember Rush when he was on KFBK in Sacramento back in 1989. He hadn't gone national yet and did a remote show from a appliance warehouse joint in Rancho Cordova. There were about 50 people who showed up to see Rush as he stood on a stack of pallets with his microphone. Jesse, the original MayTag repairman, a former vaudeville comic was there in his MayTag uniform. I didn't take my camera because at that time Rush was pretty much unknown nationwide. Shortly thereafter he was offered a nationwide deal and moved to New York. Still he kept his usual joke about the people in Rio Linda. I still think there is a tour bus that drives through Rio Linda and points out all the cars on blocks and chickens wandering around in the streets.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 02:20:38 PM »
I don't think we are going to hear much more from Rush, I've a feeling he's trying to keep it together as best he can dealing with all the treatments for cancer. 

I remember Rush when he was on KFBK in Sacramento back in 1989. He hadn't gone national yet and did a remote show from a appliance warehouse joint in Rancho Cordova. There were about 50 people who showed up to see Rush as he stood on a stack of pallets with his microphone. Jesse, the original MayTag repairman, a former vaudeville comic was there in his MayTag uniform. I didn't take my camera because at that time Rush was pretty much unknown nationwide. Shortly thereafter he was offered a nationwide deal and moved to New York. Still he kept his usual joke about the people in Rio Linda. I still think there is a tour bus that drives through Rio Linda and points out all the cars on blocks and chickens wandering around in the streets.

Rush was nationally syndicated in August, 1988. The only reason I know this is because my work phone number was 282-2882 and Houston hadn’t instituted 10 digit dialing yet. When Rush chose 800-282-2882 as his toll free number I had to just forward my phone to voicemail when his show was on air.
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
... If the show ends, I truly don't know how much radio I would listen to. Even during non-Rush hours, my radio listening is influenced by Rush.

Sean Hannity is an asshole, the guys on Red Eye Radio are idiots... I guess Mark Levin would be the only guy I could give credence to.

Rush and Mark Levin really do stand out.  I only listen to the radio when driving, so I've heard little of Rush and a bit more of Levin over the years.  There have been guest hosts I like, Dan Bongino comes to mind.

Sean Hannity is a stupid person.  Like Noory he doesn't let his guests or callers finish their points, and interrupts them with his endless repetitive slogans.  Ugh.  And he lets too many Libs on - it's not as if they don't have plenty of platforms elsewhere.  And those platforms never have Conservatives on, so it's not reciprocated.

The two things I didn't like about Rush were his complete disregard for the environment, and his lack of understanding of how the economy works (although he usually ended up with the right policies after mis-explaining things).

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »
Rush and Mark Levin really do stand out.  I only listen to the radio when driving, so I've heard little of Rush and a bit more of Levin over the years.  There have been guest hosts I like, Dan Bongino comes to mind.

Dan Bongino has Hodgkin's lymphoma

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 05:02:52 PM »
When Rush dies and or cant do his show, who is going to replace him?? Does Falkie knows Rush the Radio host??

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 06:30:58 PM »
Bruce Williams, the late "Money Talk" show host, recalled a story when he was invited to come in and speak with Rush. Williams said that Rush was an entitled brat or something like that. 

I think it's in this video, not sure. Back in the late 80s and early 90s, Bruce Williams was an important part of my radio listening. When my bandmates were buying cars and crap, I bought a place to live. 30 years later, I still have my equity; they don't.

Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 06:40:25 PM »
When Rush dies and or cant do his show, who is going to replace him?? Does Falkie knows Rush the Radio host??

Mark Stine (or Stein), the accented illegal alien Rush guest host seems to be best fit to replace Rush. I don't see too many stations keeping the show though. His ratings are so good that stations that don't agree with his politics even carried him. Once they get the opportunity to get out of that contract, you can sure bet on them going even further left.
Eh, nevermind...

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 12:28:10 AM »
Mark Stine (or Stein), the accented illegal alien Rush guest host seems to be best fit to replace Rush. I don't see too many stations keeping the show though. His ratings are so good that stations that don't agree with his politics even carried him. Once they get the opportunity to get out of that contract, you can sure bet on them going even further left.

I can handle Stein for a short period but a daily dose might be difficult. Hannity doesn't know when to shut up and let his guests speak, he also needs to cut 30 minutes from his TV show, it would be an improvement. If Tucker left Fox right now Greg Gutfeld might be able to keep the network afloat but they would have to hire back O'Reilly and he wouldn't be cheap.

Let's go to the monkey for a news update:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 12:36:42 AM »
Rush was nationally syndicated in August, 1988. The only reason I know this is because my work phone number was 282-2882 and Houston hadn’t instituted 10 digit dialing yet. When Rush chose 800-282-2882 as his toll free number I had to just forward my phone to voicemail when his show was on air.

I stand corrected, it must have been 1987 or early 1988 when he was still at KFBK in Sacramento. I just remember he was always poking fun at Mikhail Gorbachev's forehead skin discoloration and Rio Linda.

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 12:47:40 AM »

They have been trying multiple host I think. They will have to settle on one.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2021, 02:03:28 AM »
They have been trying multiple host I think. They will have to settle on one.

I thought about posting this a few times; one of the guest hosts used to be an extended acquaintance of mine, Brett Winterble. Unfortunately, he never bothered to tell me that he worked for Rush. Maybe because I always talked to his wife about music and that dominated the conversation. He had a talk show here in San Diego that I was well aware of and in our circles there were a couple of other hosts with kids who participated in the same stuff and all...

Mark Levin would need to change his screaming to "enthusiastic dialog" if he were to be given the Rush slot.

Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2021, 06:57:40 AM »
... Mark Levin would need to change his screaming to "enthusiastic dialog" if he were to be given the Rush slot.

He seems to have dropped some of his more irritating  schticks

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
He seems to have dropped some of his more irritating  schticks

I'm a newer listener to Levin...  Still a lot to be bugged by.

Then, he complains too many of his stations time-shift his program to the evening...  Mr. Producer.  In a much easier way to digest, he's caught in some of the same patterns like Hannity is.

Maybe Hannity will get pissed if he's leap-frogged to Rush's time slot like Letterman was over the Tonight Show.  Hannity will kill the audience as his aggressiveness isn't palatable to a larger audience.  He wasn't even carried after Rush on the same station because the station with the right of first refusal played LOCAL programming over him until Premier packaged them together.

Tucker Carlson has the tone but he relies on writers heavily. Dinesh D'Souza would be intellectually strong enough although 15 hours a week might be too much.

Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 09:01:25 AM »
If Premier acts like the corporate weazels we think they are, it will be sNoory.
Merry Christmas