Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 815947 times)

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4950 on: May 31, 2021, 07:20:15 AM »
Ah, yes.  One of my usual MeTV routines, catch Columbia on Sunday night, no matter how many times I’ve watched an episode.  I missed last night’s showing but it also includes the lovely Anne Francis as the unfortunate nurse who’s on to Leonard’s misdeeds.  Who’d ever think Spock was destined to whack Altaira?  The synchronicity of the universe is a wondrous thing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I loved her and her costumes in Forbidden Planet

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4951 on: May 31, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »
A sci-fi classic!  Cheers!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4952 on: May 31, 2021, 09:43:31 AM »

I have never watched that movie. No real reason, the opportunity coupled with convenience has just never presented itself. I guess the same things applies when I say that i have never watched Apocalypse Now. Or The Godfather 2. Only reason I was able to see Godfather 1 was simply because I was down with a cold in 2017/December when I also watched Taxi Driver. thank God I was sick back then or the Missed Classic Movie list would be quite lengthy indeed.

As movies these days get worse and worse with their social justice and virtue signaling I will eventually find the time to catch up on all the best cinema - most of which was made either before I was born or in the years of my childhood. What passes as a quality film now would not have seen the light of a darkened theatre only 20 years ago.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
« Reply #4953 on: May 31, 2021, 10:02:47 AM »

Believe it or not, the great Earl Holliman is still with us at 92 years of age.  Probably the last cast member of FP still alive.  That scene with Robby the Robot's manufactured whisky was great.  Earl, who played the cook, proceeded to get drunk while a monster attacked the earthlings' spaceship.  Whatever it was that Robby put in the whisky didn't give Earl a hangover.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4954 on: May 31, 2021, 10:11:31 AM »

All designed by Robby

According to Wikipedia this was a movie poster. Any sexual repression back in the 50s?

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4955 on: May 31, 2021, 11:01:35 AM »
Believe it or not, the great Earl Holliman is still with us at 92 years of age.  Probably the last cast member of FP still alive.  That scene with Robby the Robot's manufactured whisky was great.  Earl, who played the cook, proceeded to get drunk while a monster attacked the earthlings' spaceship.  Whatever it was that Robby put in the whisky didn't give Earl a hangover.
Lt. Farman : Pardon me commander, are you ready to hold discipline on the cook, sir?
Commander Adams : Yes let's... let's have him.
Lt. Farman : I'm obliged to remind you, sir, that I gave him permission to go out last night.
Commander Adams : Did you give him permission to get falling down drunk?
Cook : Drunk sir, me sir? Well ask Dr. Ostrow, sir. Four pints of 120 proof bourbon without a trace of hangover in it. Now that ain't natural. sir. Besides why'd that Robert argue me into drinking all that whiskey in the first place?
Commander Adams : You were with the robot last night?
Cook : Yes sir. Him and me, we kind of got to toasting each others good health. Just for cordial interplanetary relations you understand.
Commander Adams : Now, that's all the time. Even while the chief was being killed.
Cook : Certainly, sir. I hope you don't think I coulda got that stiff in five minutes.

Heh, heh, heh.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
« Reply #4956 on: May 31, 2021, 01:53:34 PM »
Lt. Farman : Pardon me commander, are you ready to hold discipline on the cook, sir?
Commander Adams : Yes let's... let's have him.
Lt. Farman : I'm obliged to remind you, sir, that I gave him permission to go out last night.
Commander Adams : Did you give him permission to get falling down drunk?
Cook : Drunk sir, me sir? Well ask Dr. Ostrow, sir. Four pints of 120 proof bourbon without a trace of hangover in it. Now that ain't natural. sir. Besides why'd that Robert argue me into drinking all that whiskey in the first place?
Commander Adams : You were with the robot last night?
Cook : Yes sir. Him and me, we kind of got to toasting each others good health. Just for cordial interplanetary relations you understand.
Commander Adams : Now, that's all the time. Even while the chief was being killed.
Cook : Certainly, sir. I hope you don't think I coulda got that stiff in five minutes.

Heh, heh, heh.

Haha!  "Genuine Kansas City bourbon!  It's smooth too."

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4957 on: May 31, 2021, 03:28:28 PM »
I called for customer service at a heavily French-staffed company in St. Marie (?) in Quebec...  The woman who answered sent a follow-up email with a candid photo at work along with more of a portrait shot. The whole company does this, nothing special, BUT...  While her candid shot shows her beautifully, feminine and very attractive, her portrait makes her look like a crossdresser.

Ooops!

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4958 on: May 31, 2021, 07:29:46 PM »
I called for customer service at a heavily French-staffed company in St. Marie (?) in Quebec...  The woman who answered sent a follow-up email with a candid photo at work along with more of a portrait shot. The whole company does this, nothing special, BUT...  While her candid shot shows her beautifully, feminine and very attractive, her portrait makes her look like a crossdresser.

Ooops!
@sean92008  Could it not have been Su Saint Marie, Michigan ? You talked to an islamic french tranny.  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Marie_(fictional_island)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4960 on: May 31, 2021, 10:08:44 PM »
@sean92008  Could it not have been Su Saint Marie, Michigan ? You talked to an islamic french tranny.  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Marie_(fictional_island)

I was told the phone center is 40-minutes from Montreal. Michigan  could be close enough but most the reps. I speak to are hardcore French accented.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4961 on: May 31, 2021, 10:11:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/dannyderaney/status/1399396729405857797

Most of the twat generation growing up in the USA today wouldn't spend 10 seconds doing something like that out of respect or thankfulness.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4962 on: June 01, 2021, 03:59:31 AM »
I played for a Memorial Day ceremony last night.  Army speaker, Marine Corps Jr. ROTC honor guard, former US senators and congressmen there.  And hundreds of people of all ages. 
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4963 on: June 01, 2021, 08:08:08 AM »
I’ve been watching the X-Files the past few weeks.  Last night I put on the “Home” episode.  One of the better “monster of the week” episodes but also the most disturbing.  Apparently, Fox refused to reshow it for several years due to it’s controversy.  There’s also this claim.

“At the time that the episode was being shot, NBC and Fox were engaged in a long feud. The last name of the family, “Peacock,” was meant as a backhanded slight against NBC.”

https://uproxx.com/tv/10-fascinating-facts-disturbing-episode-tv-broadcast-television-history/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4964 on: June 01, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »
I’ve been watching the X-Files the past few weeks.  Last night I put on the “Home” episode.  One of the better “monster of the week” episodes but also the most disturbing.  Apparently, Fox refused to reshow it for several years due to it’s controversy.  There’s also this claim.

“At the time that the episode was being shot, NBC and Fox were engaged in a long feud. The last name of the family, “Peacock,” was meant as a backhanded slight against NBC.”

https://uproxx.com/tv/10-fascinating-facts-disturbing-episode-tv-broadcast-television-history/

Hahahahaha. 

I have only watched that episode once in binge form. This last binge, I skipped Home again, but I also skipped the African immigration guy episode, the Florida sea monster in the plumbing and a couple of other plodding ones that were just monsters of the week episodes.

I'm still "binging" Barney Miller (late in season 4 now), This Old House, just finished Derry Girls again and started Stranger Things Again.
Eh, nevermind...