Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 811052 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1830 on: January 16, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
Through a series of events in my home I have found this very old wooden suitcase. I love it! It looks like a period piece.  Inside is a goldmine of old 45's ranging from Elvis to Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly to Fats Domino and more. Much more. I have played several of these and so far they all play very well as they have been taken care of by the original owner.

Does anybody have an old jukebox like the one the Fonz used to hit in Arnolds or better yet the larger old classic upside down U shaped one with all the lights.

Pfft  The Fonz ::)

Very cool, but how does one find something of that size in their home they were previously unaware of?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1831 on: January 16, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
Very cool, but how does one find something of that size in their home they were previously unaware of?
@PB
Thought my hot water tank had crashed. Went in behind the furnace to investigate and there it was tucked away on a little shelf I never knew was there. It's hard to get at not to mention dark and oogy so I have no idea what the hell it was doing back there! I assume it was forgotten about long ago.  Who knows what ghosts hang around in the furnace room.  :P

There are two ways to get at my hot water tank and this time I took the path of most resistance. Go figure

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1832 on: January 16, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »
@PB
Thought my hot water tank had crashed. Went in behind the furnace to investigate and there it was tucked away on a little shelf I never knew was there. It's hard to get at not to mention dark and oogy so I have no idea what the hell it was doing back there! I assume it was forgotten about long ago.  Who knows what ghosts hang around in the furnace room.  :P

There are two ways to get at my hot water tank and this time I took the path of most resistance. Go figure

That's pretty awesome, fortunately the records weren't melted/warped by proximity to the heater. 

My dad stored all his in our garage and they melted that first summer - Johnny Cash, etc.  Mom's too, Elvis...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1833 on: January 16, 2020, 05:42:24 PM »
That's pretty awesome, fortunately the records weren't melted/warped by proximity to the heater. 

My dad stored all his in our garage and they melted that first summer - Johnny Cash, etc.  Mom's too, Elvis...

KSM's find was definitely awesome.  I made the mistake of keeping old toys from my childhood and many records in the attic for many years.  The 90+ degree temperatures up there ruined nearly everything.  I still kick myself in the ass over that.  I never considered climate control.   :-\   Now I have what was salvageable in a storage unit.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1834 on: January 16, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
KSM's find was definitely awesome.  I made the mistake of keeping old toys from my childhood and many records in the attic for many years.  The 90+ degree temperatures up there ruined nearly everything.  I still kick myself in the ass over that.  I never considered climate control.   :-\   Now I have what was salvageable in a storage unit.
@ShayP  Oh good Lord the lost childhood toys. I can relate to that. Lost records too that would be worth big $$$ now. Alas.. :-\

I had something called the Big Jim Sports Camper. It was sweeet!!!  Original Kiss dolls and all kinds o stuff.  Fuck, I wish I was grounded for ten days and banished to my childhood room. Good Times 8)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1835 on: January 16, 2020, 06:01:32 PM »
@PB

That's awesome!

Make sure it doesn't have a false bottom or something with a hidden stash of Kruggerands tucked away in it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1836 on: January 16, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

Make sure it doesn't have a false bottom or something with a hidden stash of Kruggerands tucked away in it.
@Walks_At_Night
AHh!! Good point! Just listened to Elvis's Hound dog and All shook Up. I also found The Witch Doctor.  Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.  That's a weird listen..

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1837 on: January 16, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »

I found a four drawer filing cabinet that was under the stairs.
The only access to that area was a 3X3 panel.
I guess they built around this thing.
The only thing inside it was an envelope with 2 teeth in it.
Yeah.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #1838 on: January 16, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Yeah.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1839 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:15 PM »
Yeah.

Cutesy little baby teeth or big, gnarlly, old man, molar teeth?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1840 on: January 16, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »
Cutesy little baby teeth or big, gnarlly, old man, molar teeth?

Rotted teeth.
Like something that would be left if you dug up a 200 year old grave.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1841 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:31 PM »
Rotted teeth.
Like something that would be left if you dug up a 200 year old grave.

Senda's molars.   You could make a couple of necklaces out of them and given them out to Ellgabber of the Year and the 1st runner up.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1842 on: January 16, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »
@Walks_At_Night
AHh!! Good point! Just listened to Elvis's Hound dog and All shook Up. I also found The Witch Doctor.  Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang.  That's a weird listen..

ooo eeee oooo ah ah

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1843 on: January 16, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
Yeah.

Teeth! Hm. Molars? Pointy vampire teeth? Woooo wooo

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1844 on: January 16, 2020, 08:26:56 PM »
Senda's molars.   You could make a couple of necklaces out of them and given them out to Ellgabber of the Year and the 1st runner up.

... We should call you Crazy_At_Night....
Time spent with cats is never wasted.