Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810965 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #2205 on: February 22, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
That was sad seeing the wreck. Thankfully your son was not on it. Down here we do okay with rain since we get a hell of a lot of time doing it, but three flakes of snow and the state shuts down. 😬

One factor that rarely gets talked about around these parts is that a combination of the lack of rain along with a lot of really cash-poor people (and people from places where they don't worry about oil leaks) leave more oil on our roadways than many other places. Soon as it rains, it's like a skating rink.

Cash for clunkers (or whatever it is called in California) only offers $1,500 for old and crappy cars. The problem is you can't get anything better for anywhere near that price.

Turns out that bus was traveling between Los Angeles and San Ysidro...
Eh, nevermind...

HopHey

• Obsessed
  • Drone Pilot
« Reply #2206 on: February 22, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
I dug out a couple of cases of soda sitting in my cellar...

I had one can and it tasted like it was too salty. So, I threw it away after I didn't finish it. (I attributed the bad taste to a regularly occurring reaction I have to various medications.) A couple of days later, and another can and it tasted like crap too. So I open the other case, different brand and flavor...  It tasted like crap as well!

I finally figured out that I should probably look at the cases. Both of them expired in 2016!

Aww fuck!  I so wanted to sugar-up today

I had no idea that soda expired.  Learn something new every day lol. 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2207 on: February 22, 2020, 02:41:18 PM »
I had no idea that soda expired.  Learn something new every day lol.

I found this article about it trying to figure out how to read the date codes... 

https://www.mtndewkid.com/mountain-dew/mountain-dew-best-taste-drink-by-date/
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2208 on: February 22, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »
I found this article about it trying to figure out how to read the date codes... 

I squeeze the cans.  No give equals very fresh, easily squeezed equals carbonation not so fresh

HopHey

• Obsessed
  • Drone Pilot
« Reply #2209 on: February 22, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »

You said that certain medications make everything taste salty.  I have some weird reaction to those Cold Eeze cough drops. 
If I eat one of those cough drops, it feels like there's cotton sitting at the back of my throat and everything tastes like salt, even sodas and sweets.
It's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.  I stay away from all Cold Eeze products now.  I don't know what is in those that messes with my taste buds but it's absolutely miserable.
One cough drop makes me taste salt for 2 days. 

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2210 on: February 22, 2020, 06:48:26 PM »
A mix of caffeine and somebody sneaking into my fevered dreams and referring to me as, Tanya! WTF - why am I Tanya all the sudden? Oh well, color me Tanya :P :P :P

Tanya is the Slavic hypocoristic of Tatiana. It is now quite commonly used as an independent given name in the English-speaking world.  Tanya is also of Hebrew origin derived from the Aramaic term meaning 'it was taught in Baraita' which is Biblical teaching. The Tanya is considered the Oral Torah of Hasidism. It is the first word used within the book. The name's popularity grew in many respects thanks to Alexander Pushkin's poem Eugene Onegin whose main character was Tatiana Larina, beloved by Onegin.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2211 on: February 22, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »
I squeeze the cans.  No give equals very fresh, easily squeezed equals carbonation not so fresh
Yep!
Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2212 on: February 22, 2020, 06:50:38 PM »
I am still waiting on those eggs, Tanya.

No bacon?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2213 on: February 22, 2020, 06:52:50 PM »
You said that certain medications make everything taste salty.  I have some weird reaction to those Cold Eeze cough drops. 
If I eat one of those cough drops, it feels like there's cotton sitting at the back of my throat and everything tastes like salt, even sodas and sweets.
It's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.  I stay away from all Cold Eeze products now.  I don't know what is in those that messes with my taste buds but it's absolutely miserable.
One cough drop makes me taste salt for 2 days.

Some shit is nasty.  Some mild medications just to coat your tongue and block certain taste sensors from working. Then you get the stuff that overrides you. I've had times where everything tasted metallic. Almost as if aluminum foil had gotten into all my food.

When I go through phases like that, I will just eat by numbers. 5 carrot sticks, 7 grapes, 2 slices of bread. I have to do it that way because, otherwise, I don't feel like eating at all.

Hehehe, earlier this week, swill beer tasted like vodka.  I guess it's not all bad 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2214 on: February 22, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »
No bacon?

I don't trust Tanya with the important stuff.

HopHey

• Obsessed
  • Drone Pilot
« Reply #2215 on: February 22, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »
Some shit is nasty.  Some mild medications just to coat your tongue and block certain taste sensors from working. Then you get the stuff that overrides you. I've had times where everything tasted metallic. Almost as if aluminum foil had gotten into all my food.

When I go through phases like that, I will just eat by numbers. 5 carrot sticks, 7 grapes, 2 slices of bread. I have to do it that way because, otherwise, I don't feel like eating at all.

Hehehe, earlier this week, swill beer tasted like vodka.  I guess it's not all bad 🙄🙄🙄

Vodka tasting beer sounds awesome lol.  That sucks about things tasting bad though.  When I was on antibiotics once it made everything taste metallic.  It was weird. 
That's a bummer that you go through that often.  I can't imagine having that problem on a regular basis.  It was miserable the few times it happened to me. 

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2216 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:53 PM »
I don't trust Tanya with the important stuff.
probably best.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2217 on: February 22, 2020, 08:19:39 PM »
Vodka tasting beer sounds awesome lol.  That sucks about things tasting bad though.  When I was on antibiotics once it made everything taste metallic.  It was weird. 
That's a bummer that you go through that often.  I can't imagine having that problem on a regular basis.  It was miserable the few times it happened to me.

I remember there's a brand of flavored alcohol (gin, etc) in cans.  Had some at a concert. It was the best thing the whole night...

I'm not sure if it's the same brand but the can and the color scheme is similar...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2218 on: February 23, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »
Good Afternoon, Ellgabbers. It's snowing...again. It was freaking 60 yesterday! Sigh. I'm ready for winter to be done now.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2219 on: February 23, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »
Good Afternoon, Ellgabbers. It's snowing...again. It was freaking 60 yesterday! Sigh. I'm ready for winter to be done now.
Set your tree back up. Merry Christmas :) Don't fight it.