Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810919 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #3570 on: September 22, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »
Perhaps we could all benefit from a working out thread? Advice and what not?

You're all a bunch of potatoes and quite content to be so. A workout thread would be nothing more than buying a metaphorical treadmill you'll use for 2-7 weeks only to become something to hang your clothes on. You'd sell it but one day you plan to really get back in shape! HA!! A workout thread she says..

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3571 on: September 22, 2020, 09:58:25 PM »
You're all a bunch of potatoes and quite content to be so. A workout thread would be nothing more than buying a treadmill you use for 2-7 weeks only to become something to hang your clothes on. You'd sell it but one day you plan to really get back in shape! HA!! A workout thread she says..

A friend of mine bought one for his wife, who wanted it.  Pretty expensive, with all sorts of gadgetry.  Not long after that, he asked me if I wanted it.

He brought it over, I did it for about two minutes and moved it to a room I don't use.  I finally gave it to my next door neighbor.  Haven't heard a thing about it since...

I think I'll stick with mountain biking and hiking.  All my roller hockey (this is California) and backpacking friends either moved away or got married off.  Chrissakes, since when does everyone disappear after they get married?

I used to like playing sports, but bad officiating makes it no fun.  Geez...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3572 on: September 22, 2020, 10:08:24 PM »
There's more, I just found this link faster...

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/classic-toons-tv

Thanks!  Will def look into it.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #3573 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:00 PM »
Pluto TV is great. Love the Rifftrax and the MST3K channels.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3574 on: September 23, 2020, 03:35:55 AM »
That long microphone was used so that the host could hold it under his arm and be able to use both hands.  Wireless lapel mics made them obsolete.
Merry Christmas

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #3575 on: September 23, 2020, 04:19:24 AM »
You're all a bunch of potatoes and quite content to be so. A workout thread would be nothing more than buying a metaphorical treadmill you'll use for 2-7 weeks only to become something to hang your clothes on. You'd sell it but one day you plan to really get back in shape! HA!! A workout thread she says..
I feel so, so called out. LOL. I'll have you know nothing is hanging on my treadmill yet...lol

As for all the other goodies I just read a treasure trove to dive into. I too, noticed the lack of old cartoons. Lots of old sci-fi, movies, game shows but no cartoons. Weird.

Hi Walks At Night! How is Morg doing? It's Morg, right?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3576 on: September 23, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
A friend of mine bought one for his wife, who wanted it.  Pretty expensive, with all sorts of gadgetry.  Not long after that, he asked me if I wanted it.

He brought it over, I did it for about two minutes and moved it to a room I don't use.  I finally gave it to my next door neighbor.  Haven't heard a thing about it since...

I think I'll stick with mountain biking and hiking.  All my roller hockey (this is California) and backpacking friends either moved away or got married off.  Chrissakes, since when does everyone disappear after they get married?

I used to like playing sports, but bad officiating makes it no fun.  Geez...

You've made my treadmill point - beautifully too!  For the record; I wasn't calling you a potato! I know you're very active with all that stiff you do out there. 
Married guys. I can't say that that happened to me. I have the only wife in the world that tells me to "have the guys over" or "call up the guys, go for a drink" ...  it's pretty good.  :)

I feel so, so called out. LOL. I'll have you know nothing is hanging on my treadmill yet...lol

As for all the other goodies I just read a treasure trove to dive into. I too, noticed the lack of old cartoons. Lots of old sci-fi, movies, game shows but no cartoons. Weird.

Hi Walks At Night! How is Morg doing? It's Morg, right?
wasn't calling you out. peace

Morg passed away.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #3577 on: September 23, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
You've made my treadmill point - beautifully too!  For the record; I wasn't calling you a potato! I know you're very active with all that stiff you do out there. 
Married guys. I can't say that that happened to me. I have the only wife in the world that tells me to "have the guys over" or "call up the guys, go for a drink" ...  it's pretty good.  :)

Morg passed away.

Oh that is so sad about Morg. Thanks for letting me know. I was kidding about being called out. For years that machine has sat without me hardly ever using it. I liked your fitness tips though and think it's cool you are helping us all out. This has inspired me to get on the old girl after work and get to it!

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #3578 on: September 23, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »
Oh that is so sad about Morg. Thanks for letting me know. I was kidding about being called out. For years that machine has sat without me hardly ever using it. I liked your fitness tips though and think it's cool you are helping us all out. This has inspired me to get on the old girl after work and get to it!

"Our" @Morgus is still alive and kicking. Here and over at BG.

https://ellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=159
https://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1589

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #3579 on: September 23, 2020, 10:51:30 AM »

I have the only wife in the world that tells me to "have the guys over" or "call up the guys, go for a drink" ...  it's pretty good.  :)

So she seems to feel better when you're not around, or at least occupied and away from her. Hmm
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3580 on: September 23, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »

I recommend getting a bike and riding it, more more fun.  All those people we see out riding - it's because they love it.

Anyone getting a bike, just make sure it 'fits' and feels comfortable riding, otherwise it'll end up just sitting somewhere too. 

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #3581 on: September 23, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »
I recommend getting a bike and riding it, more more fun.  All those people we see out riding - it's because they love it.

Anyone getting a bike, just make sure it 'fits' and feels comfortable riding, otherwise it'll end up just sitting somewhere too.
I actually have a bike I love and rode like crazy a few years back. I was thinking before the weather gets nasty here I need to do that more too. Thanks for the reminder. I rode a bit this summer and remembered why I loved it. Lots of people biking more now too since the pandemic.

Love the tips all. It's making me really want to get off of my lazy ass and get motivated. I feel better too when I exercise regularly, clears my head and just all around feels good.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3582 on: September 23, 2020, 12:45:22 PM »
Call me slow for not figuring this one out earlier...

Instead of spending $2.50 for empty spray bottles at Home Depot, I can go down to the dollar store, buy LA's Awesome products in similar quality bottles, even go as far as dumping the product out and having good spray bottles.

I tells ya' 🙄

Something else, they are better bottles. Better spray handles, thicker bottles...
Eh, nevermind...

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #3583 on: September 23, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »

We think alot, I am a fan of classic toons (60s to early 90s) not a lot of options there. There doesn't seem to be a lot of places for that, Boomerang pretty much the only place

But Pluto is pretty impressive for a free service, but not for cartoons or sports.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #3584 on: September 23, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »
Perhaps we could all benefit from a working out thread? Advice and what not?

Other random things on my mind, with all the celebrities dying someone needs to protect Betty White at all costs!!!

Betty White leads me to remember that I discovered the Buzzr Channel when I got a digital antenna and I am hooked on Match Game. I missed out when it was first aired because I wasn’t born until 1975. I absolutely love Brett Somers and Charles Nelson Reilly and of course Betty White.

work out thread?
i'm in my 60s and i still climb to the tops of trees.

i like the view...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login