Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810911 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4140 on: February 03, 2021, 09:48:04 PM »
This is the power of music

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4141 on: February 03, 2021, 11:07:45 PM »
This is the power of music

Well that was infectious.  :)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4142 on: February 05, 2021, 04:16:50 PM »
Although he should have been unforgivably blacklisted in Hollywood because he has shamelessly appeared in blackface, Ted Danson in the new show, Mr Mayor, really pulls off that stupid politician character well. He was enjoyable in The Good Place too.

It is either streaming now on Hulu or Roku Channel for free, I think. It is on NBC as well. I think it's only been five episodes.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4143 on: February 05, 2021, 06:32:48 PM »
Although he should have been unforgivably blacklisted in Hollywood because he has shamelessly appeared in blackface, Ted Danson in the new show, Mr Mayor, really pulls off that stupid politician character well. He was enjoyable in The Good Place too.

It is either streaming now on Hulu or Roku Channel for free, I think. It is on NBC as well. I think it's only been five episodes.
Unforgivably blacklisted?  Whoopi certainly didn't discourage him although she was in blackface too.  Nothing wrong with doing the blackface thing. Nothing - unless you subscribe to the whole white guilt ::) thing, and in which case I guess it's entirely your problem.  :'(

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4144 on: February 05, 2021, 07:29:11 PM »
Although he should have been unforgivably blacklisted in Hollywood because he has shamelessly appeared in blackface, Ted Danson in the new show, Mr Mayor, really pulls off that stupid politician character well. He was enjoyable in The Good Place too...

When I think of Ted, I think of Whoopee.  I don't ever really want to think of Whoopee, so... no.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4145 on: February 05, 2021, 07:46:36 PM »
When I think of Ted, I think of Whoopee.  I don't ever really want to think of Whoopee, so... no.

What?  WHAT?? C'MON MAN! ARE YOU CANCELLING TED? YOU CAN'T DO THAT!
NOW YOU SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET AND WATCH ALL OF THE CHEERS EPISODES RIGHT NOW, MR MAN!

How was THAT one? I got the cmon man in there.
@juan

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4146 on: February 05, 2021, 10:41:51 PM »
What?  WHAT?? C'MON MAN! ARE YOU CANCELLING TED? YOU CAN'T DO THAT!
NOW YOU SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET AND WATCH ALL OF THE CHEERS EPISODES RIGHT NOW, MR MAN!

How was THAT one? I got the cmon man in there.
@juan

Well, not cancelling him exactly, I never did like Cheers either.  I tried to though, I did - it just wasn't there.

I think I've seen most Frazier episodes though.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4147 on: February 05, 2021, 10:42:37 PM »
I go into the Dollar Store today to get a couple of things.  I pay cash, because it's only a couple bucks.  At the end of the transaction, I'm supposed to tap the keypad to say I don't want a receipt.

I tell the cashier ''I don't want to touch that thing'' (hello?).  She reaches over and does it for me, and tells me they aren't going to keep doing that for customers.  Well hold on, the reason they ask is to hopefully save themselves the cost of a few inches of paper.  I tell her I'm not going to touch it next time either, and she gets all huffy, lol.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4148 on: February 05, 2021, 10:47:25 PM »
Well, not cancelling him exactly, I never did like Cheers either.  I tried to though, I did - it just wasn't there.

I think I've seen most Frazier episodes though.

Frazier was a great show.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4149 on: February 05, 2021, 10:52:44 PM »
I go into the Dollar Store today to get a couple of things.  I pay cash, because it's only a couple bucks.  At the end of the transaction, I'm supposed to tap the keypad to say I don't want a receipt.

I tell the cashier ''I don't want to touch that thing'' (hello?).  She reaches over and does it for me, and tells me they aren't going to keep doing that for customers.  Well hold on, the reason they ask is to hopefully save themselves the cost of a few inches of paper.  I tell her I'm not going to touch it next time either, and she gets all huffy, lol.

Did you ever think about those signature pen pads?  I feel the same way about those.

What really bites my tit is when somebody is scanning my phone and they kind of reach for it. That pisses me off to no end. Wuhan flu or not.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4150 on: February 05, 2021, 11:00:26 PM »
Did you ever think about those signature pen pads?...

I always think about them.  I'm usually using my debit card and have no choice.  Today I did.  Answering all the questions that come up, and having to keep staring at it to make sure I've finally made it to the last one.  Can they make one that a person can just tap or swipe and be done, or does everyone have to wipe their grimy ass-picking paws all over them each time?

Of course after diapers have been changed in the shopping carts, and sick people have yakked all over them, what the hell.  Maybe there is something to be said for taking the fat cars.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #4151 on: February 06, 2021, 05:58:32 AM »
I always think about them.  I'm usually using my debit card and have no choice.  Today I did.  Answering all the questions that come up, and having to keep staring at it to make sure I've finally made it to the last one.  Can they make one that a person can just tap or swipe and be done, or does everyone have to wipe their grimy ass-picking paws all over them each time?

Of course after diapers have been changed in the shopping carts, and sick people have yakked all over them, what the hell.  Maybe there is something to be said for taking the fat cars.

Maybe you'll get the cart after somebody like Falkie--who never washes his hands--uses it! :shudder:

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #4152 on: February 06, 2021, 04:18:47 PM »
Maybe you'll get the cart after somebody like Falkie--who never washes his hands or a few other bodily items-uses it! :shudder:

Fixed it for you. You’re welcome. 😉

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #4153 on: February 06, 2021, 05:58:20 PM »
Fixed it for you. You’re welcome. 😉

Thanks! ew...  :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4154 on: February 07, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »