Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810708 times)

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4305 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
One thing about dog shit vs wild animal is that dog food is full of preservatives.  It doesn't dry up and blow away after a few days, it just sits there for weeks unless it rains or another dog (or coyote) eats it.

Hope that helps   :D

Wow, PB.  Your range of knowledge continues to amaze.  Who knew that about dog scat?  My hat is off.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4306 on: March 03, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »
One of my cats is an active TV watcher. He frequently will sit and watch for extended periods of time, when I say extended I mean 3-4 minutes. For him, that is an eternity. He suffers from cat ADHD.

Binge watching X-Files on Hulu has its detractors. Commercials for one and not being able to skip through the opening title sequence...

My cat freaked out. Not over the music, he just happened to look up at the TV screen as he was circling my lap and got very alert. He jumped off my lap and took a defensive observance pose looking at the screen. He even creeped up a couple of feet and got under a table while still keeping an eye on the screen.

I thought about video recording him but every time I do that for other things, he gets distracted.

Now, I've said it a million times here, I believe my cats are reincarnated from previous pets. The incredible non-coincidence coincidences are numerous.  This one really seems like it might be a human reaction.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4307 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:05 AM »
One of my cats is an active TV watcher. He frequently will sit and watch for extended periods of time, when I say extended I mean 3-4 minutes. For him, that is an eternity. He suffers from cat ADHD.

Binge watching X-Files on Hulu has its detractors. Commercials for one and not being able to skip through the opening title sequence...

My cat freaked out. Not over the music, he just happened to look up at the TV screen as he was circling my lap and got very alert. He jumped off my lap and took a defensive observance pose looking at the screen. He even creeped up a couple of feet and got under a table while still keeping an eye on the screen.

I thought about video recording him but every time I do that for other things, he gets distracted.

Now, I've said it a million times here, I believe my cats are reincarnated from previous pets. The incredible non-coincidence coincidences are numerous.  This one really seems like it might be a human reaction.

I like that. 

We had a cat that would pee IN THE TOILET! from the seat. It sounded like someone peeing with the door open and then.. you look.. and "Kitty" would walk out.  I am far from a cat-guy but Kitty was a good one.

The rescues really do return the favor in their own way.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4308 on: March 04, 2021, 12:37:41 AM »
I like that. 

We had a cat that would pee IN THE TOILET! from the seat. It sounded like someone peeing with the door open and then.. you look.. and "Kitty" would walk out.  I am far from a cat-guy but Kitty was a good one.

The rescues really do return the favor in their own way.

For years, I openly wished that my cats could use the toilet. I saw a video from something like the 1980s or maybe the '90s where a cat could even flush the toilet with a wire extension from the handle. One of my big problems as I was winding down playing gigs was finding a cat sitter. Keeping a clean litter box was not always an easy task when sometimes people could only stop by once every two days.

BTW... He reacted the same way, again, to The X-Files opening. I will have a camera ready next time. He looks like the cat in my avatar, so he's a "gray." 😁. (Actually a Russian Blue.)
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4309 on: March 04, 2021, 11:47:28 AM »
Ever block out a whole period of your life?
I did.
Until an hour ago I had totally forgotten about the period where I was convinced to take a production deal that was supposed to lead to recording album in English and French.
I took $6,000 to do the demos in Burbank with the idea I would return to Canada to record the album and do a promo tour.
I do not remember much except for the fact they wanted me to record a version of Breakfast At Tiffany's with lyrics in French and the chorus in English.
I remember going to a French teacher in North Hollywood to help me with pronunciation.
Thankfully the original version of the song became a huge hit in Canada and the option on my deal eventually expired without having to follow through with this career choice.

What happened an hour ago?
I was going through a box of old compact discs, throwing them in CD player to identify what was on these unmarked blasts from the past and then I heard it.
I called Bairyn down to have a listen.
The look of horror on her face when she heard it is burned into my memory forever.
I never want to see that look again.

Here is the original that helped save me from me.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4310 on: March 04, 2021, 12:41:06 PM »
Ever block out a whole period of your life?
I did.
Until an hour ago I had totally forgotten about the period where I was convinced to take a production deal that was supposed to lead to recording album in English and French.
I took $6,000 to do the demos in Burbank with the idea I would return to Canada to record the album and do a promo tour.
I do not remember much except for the fact they wanted me to record a version of Breakfast At Tiffany's with lyrics in French and the chorus in English.
I remember going to a French teacher in North Hollywood to help me with pronunciation.
Thankfully the original version of the song became a huge hit in Canada and the option on my deal eventually expired without having to follow through with this career choice.

What happened an hour ago?
I was going through a box of old compact discs, throwing them in CD player to identify what was on these unmarked blasts from the past and then I heard it.
I called Bairyn down to have a listen.
The look of horror on her face when she heard it is burned into my memory forever.
I never want to see that look again.

Here is the original that helped save me from me.

Well. I always hated that song. I might have liked your version better, peut-être. But I know I am très content with my personal chanson. Unless you want to bless me with another one

Don't you hate people who mix two different languages? Déclassé. Even worse now I do it with three. Quel dommage. Qué pena
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4311 on: March 04, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »
Well. I always hated that song. I might have liked your version better, peut-être. But I know I am très content with my personal chanson. Unless you want to bless me with another one

Don't you hate people who mix two different languages? Déclassé. Even worse now I do it with three. Quel dommage. Qué pena

Ever see a kid who didn't want to be at church?
That's what it sounds like.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4312 on: March 04, 2021, 01:01:07 PM »

Oh, god... Guilty!

Worse was trying to order food in Japan and speaking Spanish... ¡Aye carumba!

Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4313 on: March 04, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Well. I always hated that song.

Ditto.  I abhor that song.  And I hate seeing their faces as well.  They should've called the band Deep Blue Nothing.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4314 on: March 04, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »
Ditto.  I abhor that song.  And I hate seeing their faces as well.  They should've called the band Deep Blue Nothing.

They are no Neil Diamond!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4315 on: March 04, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
They are no Neil Diamond!

You are my Neil Diamond.  That ain't no surprise.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4316 on: March 04, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »
The first year of X-Files was an incredible collection of episodes...
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4317 on: March 05, 2021, 09:49:11 PM »
My daughter’s car got broken into parked outside of a restaurant this evening in Austin. Busted out rear window. Blood all over the outside of the car. Luckily they didn’t find her pistol but they stole her friend’s  backpack and MacBook with all of her nursing school work. She called the cops. They said it would be at least 24 hours before they could get someone out there. All the people that have moved there from California have absolutely destroyed that city. I have been calling it Sacramento-on-the-Colorado (river) for years.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4318 on: March 05, 2021, 09:57:10 PM »
The first year of X-Files was an incredible collection of episodes...

That’s all I was ever to make it through when I finally tried to watch the series 3 years ago. Lost interest pretty quick. I’ve given up watching any tv shows or movies.  Nothing holds my interest anymore. I might go back and watch Second Hand Lions again but nothing else calls out to me. I should probably watch the final season of the 100 since I made it through the first six seasons. Not sure that I will though. Same holds true for the final season of Blindspot. I got interested it at first but then they lost me.
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4319 on: March 05, 2021, 10:16:02 PM »
My daughter’s car got broken into parked outside of a restaurant this evening in Austin. Busted out rear window. Blood all over the outside of the car. Luckily they didn’t find her pistol but they stole her friend’s  backpack and MacBook with all of her nursing school work. She called the cops. They said it would be at least 24 hours before they could get someone out there. All the people that have moved there from California have absolutely destroyed that city. I have been calling it Sacramento-on-the-Colorado (river) for years.

Sorry to hear this! Are you checking ebay for the macbook?