Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810984 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4365 on: March 10, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »
Yes. There is a house to the right of the edge of the photo. Nice people there.
WOW!
Great photo. So lovely and peaceful area. I don't know it I could live in your neighborhood. I would be so afraid of the insects and the animals. You know I saw the JERSEY DEVIL last summer.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4366 on: March 10, 2021, 06:08:23 PM »
WOW!
Great photo. So lovely and peaceful area. I don't know it I could live in your neighborhood. I would be so afraid of the insects and the animals. You know I saw the JERSEY DEVIL last summer.

The Jersey (she)Devil had a great body...  Er, the X-Files' Jersey Devil, that is
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4367 on: March 10, 2021, 06:32:19 PM »
@KSM - Size doesn't matter, don't suffer from deck envy
😁😁😁😁

It's the view that counts!
Knew that was coming.

Glad to see you by the way, I was wondering earlier where you were.
It's just a pop in. @anniem

Anyways I had to completely remeasure my deck (THE MAIN ONE) (I HAVE FIVE!!!) if your ONE (hahaha) deck is 800 sq ft than it does in fact beat my 668 sq ft MAIN deck.

Well played  8)  but I have THREE3 more!!  :P

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4368 on: March 10, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »
Deck envy.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4369 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »
Deck envy.
Or in your case; Dick envy.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4370 on: March 10, 2021, 08:24:20 PM »
Or in your case; Dick envy.

You caught on. 

It was that or porch envy.  Porches envy?   Deck is naughty enough... I hope.

How's the car situation with the wife? 

The more I research transmission fluid, the more I see comments that you have to change (actually a partial drain and fill on older 60k+ cars) it every 30,000 miles if you are in a region that gets below freezing more than 2 months a year.   Is that common knowledge up there?
Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4371 on: March 10, 2021, 09:24:29 PM »
WOW!

We stayed off and on through the summer, we'll have to see about the bugs. So far, I only saw two spiders. The deer are fun to watch, lots of birds at the feeders including hummingbirds! Jackrabbits are around. We have heard coyotes and a neighbor said they saw one come from the side of our house out to the road, and a bobcat visited the slider downstairs the other morning. The main living area is on the second floor with a substantial deck. I don't like taking the dog out at night, but we have a petloo on the deck that she usually uses so I feel rather safe. There are no streetlights here, so unless there is a moon or no clouds, it is really really dark at night. So many stars to see.  :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4372 on: March 10, 2021, 09:40:07 PM »
Anyways I had to completely remeasure my deck (THE MAIN ONE) (I HAVE FIVE!!!) if your ONE (hahaha) deck is 800 sq ft than it does in fact beat my 668 sq ft MAIN deck.
Well played  8)  but I have THREE3 more!!  :P

Then we both win!
This is the first deck I ever owned. 3 more decks, obviously you are the deck expert.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4373 on: March 10, 2021, 10:08:38 PM »
I could never understand why people calling in to a talk show thank the host for taking their call.  If it weren't for callers the host would have to fill in with repetitious blather or verbal tap dancing and shadow puppetry as an alternative to dead air.  Indeed, the host should be the one to express sincere thanks to the caller at the onset of the conversation for helping him avoid becoming another Heather Wade,  Jus' sayin'.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4374 on: March 10, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »
I could never understand why people calling in to a talk show thank the host for taking their call.  If it weren't for callers the host would have to fill in with repetitious blather or verbal tap dancing and shadow puppetry as an alternative to dead air.  Indeed, the host should be the one to express sincere thanks to the caller at the onset of the conversation for helping him avoid becoming another Heather Wade,  Jus' sayin'.

Why do people say, "jus' sayin'"? Everyone knows someone is, including the author. And by using the apostrophe instead of the letter the writer is minimizing the worth of what he or she is saying which prefacing with jus(t) already does. Is this worth the time and energy to write and our time to read and ponder? Jus' askin'
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4375 on: March 10, 2021, 10:46:12 PM »
WOW!

You saw the JERSEY DEVIL?  Oooh. Tell us the story! "It was a dark and stormy night...
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4376 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:46 AM »
Why do people say, "jus' sayin'"? Everyone knows someone is, including the author. And by using the apostrophe instead of the letter the writer is minimizing the worth of what he or she is saying which prefacing with jus(t) already does. Is this worth the time and energy to write and our time to read and ponder? Jus' askin'

Channeling Mark Twain? Spellin' it like you sayin' it.

Jus' sayin'.

Self-effacing and a shield (even in jest) against an attack.  Maybe in the same way somebody would preface a statement by saying "playing the devil's advocate."

[insert straw hat emoji here]
Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4377 on: March 11, 2021, 06:45:52 AM »
We stayed off and on through the summer, we'll have to see about the bugs. So far, I only saw two spiders. The deer are fun to watch, lots of birds at the feeders including hummingbirds! Jackrabbits are around. We have heard coyotes and a neighbor said they saw one come from the side of our house out to the road, and a bobcat visited the slider downstairs the other morning. The main living area is on the second floor with a substantial deck. I don't like taking the dog out at night, but we have a petloo on the deck that she usually uses so I feel rather safe. There are no streetlights here, so unless there is a moon or no clouds, it is really really dark at night. So many stars to see.  :)
Wow, Wow, Wow! Jus' sayin'. You live one way and I another.  ‘The Patty Duke Show’
I do not like birds. Coyotes and bobcats? Oh dear! What is a “slider downstairs?” I know you will keep your puppy safe from those wild animals. I would love to see the moon and stars. I follow the Moon Phases for advice.
In my neighborhood, I have to wear sneakers, so I don’t fall down. Some streets/sidewalks are weird. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4378 on: March 11, 2021, 06:48:13 AM »
@Kidnostad  did Art Bell thank his callers?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4379 on: March 11, 2021, 06:55:57 AM »
I "decorated" and gave landscaping ideas to a friend out in the boonies...  Solar powered spotlights are cheap enough and could give a fancy upgraded look and help deter the bad dogs (don't they avoid lighted areas?)

With my friend's place, I recommended that he use the pathway lights for one side of the driveway. When friends go to see him they can see the line of lights and that helps them find his place too. With those, you could see if there's any wildlife traffic around the area because it will cast a shadow

I've seen decent sized pathway lights with a real glass covers for under $1.25 when you buy a lot of them at once. When they get out of season at Costco, they get to be a really good price too. They are even heavier duty and I think I paid $1.50 per light for a few 8-packs. Mine are still working and they are 12 or 13 years old. I've only had to replace maybe six of the batteries which are like AA rechargeables, cheap Chinese stuff off of Amazon.

Just a thought.
Eh, nevermind...