Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810765 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4500 on: March 20, 2021, 07:21:47 AM »
Am I the only one that was born, raised and lives in a "Dirty Old Town" in EllGab?

I am starting to feel so alone in EllGab.  I am surrounded by clean non-city people.

Did you forget where I was born and raised, and now reside again? @FISH

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4501 on: March 20, 2021, 07:54:52 AM »

I believe that she did. I can see why she maybe discounted me - I had pretty grubby origins but got out. All I have to offer is that after decades of living in the South, I still sound like my friend Carl Gratiot here:

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #4502 on: March 20, 2021, 08:22:54 AM »
I believe that she did. I can see why she maybe discounted me - I had pretty grubby origins but got out. All I have to offer is that after decades of living in the South, I still sound like my friend Carl Gratiot here:

Now you sound like Falkie trying to convince people of his REAL GUY FROM PITTSBURGH origins while wearing his shirt with the “Pittsburgh-ese” sayings. HA.
If being in the South (speaking as a born and bred “Suthener”) this long hasn’t gotten you to the y’all, Bless ya heart, Yo momma and ‘dem, and I really do love grits stage...well, I don’t know what to say.
🤔🤭SMH

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4503 on: March 20, 2021, 08:52:56 AM »

I do the Pop and the 'frigerator.  ;D  Also I was going to go dahn tahn after the last storm but the roads were too slippy.  ;)  I will admit that I lost most of my accent after living in Virginia for 28 years.  Never picked up anything southern though.  I just quit saying yinz and switched to y'all.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4504 on: March 20, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »
Now you sound like Falkie...

Ouch!  ;) ;D

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4505 on: March 20, 2021, 09:24:24 AM »
Compared to Senda. Oooff.  ;)

I've never said ya'all and I guess I never will at this point. Don't care for grits and I'd just calle the guy an arsehole over "bless his heart".
I guess after 30 years there has been some effect though.  I'd now call the young lady pictured below"full grown" which is probably an improvement over the "brick shit house" phrase , if I am super busy at work on a given day, I may just get a "pack of Nabs" out of the machine rather than to go to the cafeteria.  From Hillbilly Jim, I've picked of "gaum" - as in "this function is all gaumed up now". Turn about is fair play in that on occasion Jim will say "Ah Jeez......" and he didn't get that from Noory. He got it from me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4506 on: March 20, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »
Am I the only one that was born, raised and lives in a "Dirty Old Town" in EllGab?
@KSM  calls me ‘fishywishy.’  I have earned the right to sing IRISH PUB SONGS.
My middle name is Mary. Molly is the nickname for Mary. "Molly Malone" (also known as "Cockles and Mussels" or "In Dublin's Fair City") is a popular song set in Dublin, Ireland, which has become its unofficial anthem. The song tells the fictional tale of a FISHWIFE who plied her trade on the streets of Dublin. Mary Malone died on 13 June 1699. June 13th is "Molly Malone Day.” I was born on the 13th of June and I live very close to a river.
I am starting to feel so alone in EllGab.  I am surrounded by clean non-city people.
@FISH

I called you "Fishywishy" once. I've no plans to perpetuate this. Ok? It was a one time shot. And besides! You're a tough chicky, you can take it.

Don't feel alone. That's stupid.

Happy eventual and belated birthday. May you have and have had a great ones on that days.

...fuck sakes  ::)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4507 on: March 20, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »

::)

“In a way, you’ve already won in this world because you’re the only one who can be you.”

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4508 on: March 20, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »
Compared to Senda. Oooff.  ;)

I've never said ya'all and I guess I never will at this point. Don't care for grits and I'd just calle the guy an arsehole over "bless his heart".
I guess after 30 years there has been some effect though.  I'd now call the young lady pictured below"full grown" which is probably an improvement over the "brick shit house" phrase , if I am super busy at work on a given day, I may just get a "pack of Nabs" out of the machine rather than to go to the cafeteria.  From Hillbilly Jim, I've picked of "gaum" - as in "this function is all gaumed up now". Turn about is fair play in that on occasion Jim will say "Ah Jeez......" and he didn't get that from Noory. He got it from me.

Bless her hearts.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4509 on: March 20, 2021, 09:41:46 AM »
Now you sound like Falkie trying to convince people of his REAL GUY FROM PITTSBURGH origins while wearing his shirt with the “Pittsburgh-ese” sayings. HA.
If being in the South (speaking as a born and bred “Suthener”) this long hasn’t gotten you to the y’all, Bless ya heart, Yo momma and ‘dem, and I really do love grits stage...well, I don’t know what to say.
🤔🤭SMH

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4510 on: March 20, 2021, 09:44:09 AM »
@Walks_At_Night   this my jawn!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4511 on: March 20, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »
@FISH

I called you "Fishywishy" once. I've no plans to perpetuate this. Ok? It was a one time shot. And besides! You're a tough chicky, you can take it.

Don't feel alone. That's stupid.

Happy eventual and belated birthday. May you have and have had a great ones on that days.

...fuck sakes  ::)
thanks for the nice birthday wish, I think.

For Pete's sake, what does @KSM mean?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4512 on: March 20, 2021, 09:50:58 AM »
thanks for the nice birthday wish, I think.

The largest microphone in the forefront pictured is a, Shure KSM32.  Years ago when I created my account on COASTgab I had not a handle picked out so when forced to make a decision I looked around and the KSM32 microphone was one of the first things I saw.  I now have a KSM44 as well but no need for a name change.

Ok? @FISH Have a blessed day.  :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4513 on: March 20, 2021, 10:01:06 AM »
@Walks_At_Night   this my jawn!

There are some similarities to the Pittsburgh lingo.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4514 on: March 20, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »

I always thought it meant KillerSweetMuscles.   ???