Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810931 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4740 on: April 16, 2021, 02:29:28 PM »
I remember they used to make a big deal about the white boxes. Proving that they didn't walk all over them, like UPS is always accused of doing.

I can honestly say that most larger packages I've received that were shipped via UPS had a shoe/boot print on them.  I also had some regardless of size that looked like they were put in a tumbler.  The corners of the boxes were smashed, tape was broken, etc.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4741 on: April 16, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »
I can honestly say that most larger packages I've received that were shipped via UPS had a shoe/boot print on them.  I also had some regardless of size that looked like they were put in a tumbler.  The corners of the boxes were smashed, tape was broken, etc.
Oh, they tumble!  They literally dump containers out sometimes like those big dump trucks, one side goes up...
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #4742 on: April 16, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »
Bairyn has become a crypto currency mogul.
She dropped 5 grand on dogecoin when it was at 0.0071 and got 704225 of them.
They are now at 18 cents.
Is she gonna sell?
No, she has been convinced it will hit a buck.

Her next buy is @PolkaDot coin.
If it flops then I will send @PolkaDot to the zoo.
It's only fair.
Oh Dear, I'm not sure I could survive the zoo...I heard there wasn't hot water.  :(
Also, I don't think you understand the term "fair".
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4743 on: April 16, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »
That's great! I hope it bears full financial fruit.

in 2013 when Justin was making his weed/pot/mary-jane promises we sunk 10 into pot stocks. Needless to say that 2014/15 were geereat .  We dumped very early in 2016. Was the right decision.

@PolkaDot coin?  Ugly rugs and blended whisky.. no thanks.

I have a beautiful rug thank you very much and my taste in whiskey is better than your taste in Scotch.  :P
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4744 on: April 16, 2021, 03:26:11 PM »
Her next buy is @PolkaDot coin.
If it flops then I will send @PolkaDot to the zoo.
It's only fair.

@PolkaDot coin?  Ugly rugs and blended whisky.. no thanks.

I'm beginning to think some of the men around here don't appreciate me properly. I'm considering a revolt.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4745 on: April 16, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »
I'm beginning to think some of the men around here don't appreciate me properly. I'm considering a revolt.
Leave out of it.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4746 on: April 16, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »
my taste in whiskey is better than your taste in Scotch.  :P
BULLSHIT!

And I offered to buy you ANY bottle of whiskey of your choice up $500! You turned that offer down. Not my fault you disagree with many a whiskey kings who sing the praises of the, Scapa!

Appreciate ya fine. Relax   ::)

BTW great new AV @ShayP

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #4747 on: April 16, 2021, 05:15:50 PM »

I ordered a pair of Bose headphones years ago from Crutchfield. They shipped the UPS overnight. They didn't arrive but UPS said they delivered them. UPS actually did deliver them, the driver tossed them into the shrubbery at the front of my house. I found them the next day. Unfortunately my sprinklers had gone off the night before.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #4748 on: April 16, 2021, 06:25:59 PM »
I'm so confused!!!

The Japanese media is reporting that a professional stripper has been arrested for stripping at a strip club in Tokyo.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4749 on: April 16, 2021, 06:58:42 PM »
I'm so confused!!!

The Japanese media is reporting that a professional stripper has been arrested for stripping at a strip club in Tokyo.

She was over 20. That's why. 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #4750 on: April 16, 2021, 08:55:23 PM »
As I have posted in the past my wife primarily employs Jehovah's Witness's - 6 of 8 in fact. This was not intentional, it's just turned out this way.

Recently one of them left this leaflet on her desk as he was going to be hosting a zoom gathering last Saturday and wanted her (wife) to watch and critique his delivery. Of course he wasn't trying to convert her but rather just wanted her opinion on how he came across on the meeting ::)  This didn't go over well and he was warned to "leave his faith at home"

What I can't figure out is what actor this particular Jesus looks like. ?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I met a few JW's in Japan. Apparently they aren't supposed to socialize outside of their faith unless they are attempting to convert teach.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4751 on: April 16, 2021, 08:57:47 PM »
I'm so confused!!!

They have rather odd rules on indecency. In this case, it was because her bare butt was shown, but the club got in trouble for also showing movies they weren't cleared to.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4752 on: April 16, 2021, 09:04:50 PM »
I met a few JW's in Japan. Apparently they aren't supposed to socialize outside of their faith unless they are attempting to convert teach.

The rudest asses in Japan I encountered?  LDS & JWs.  They would walk through wedding photos, family events, they walked through a big family greeting... None of it was on an open path either.  They went out of their way to be assholes.

They didn't realize that most of the family spoke English. 
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4753 on: April 16, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »
Related:  I once sat next to a Japanese student on a flight from JFK to Toronto (UP and suddenly DOWN) She was connecting to Tokyo from Toronto to spend a month with family and was not looking forward to it. They were not meeting her at the airport in Tokyo and she was extremely worried about the transit situation. She was almost teary eyed at times so the mind wanders as I assume there was something else going on other than a trip to see family..   I think about here a lot.  :( 

..hope she made it  :-\

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4754 on: April 16, 2021, 09:25:56 PM »
Related:  I once sat next to a Japanese student on a flight from JFK to Toronto (UP and suddenly DOWN) She was connecting to Tokyo from Toronto to spend a month with family and was not looking forward to it. They were not meeting her at the airport in Tokyo and she was extremely worried about the transit situation. She was almost teary eyed at times so the mind wanders as I assume there was something else going on other than a trip to see family..   I think about here a lot.  :( 

..hope she made it  :-\

The trains are a bit of a pain in the ass, but not too horrible depending on where she had to go. I think it's a bit odd that her family wasn't going to meet her, but perhaps they were not doing well and that's why she was upset.

Now all the possibilities are making me sad :(