Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810949 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #5115 on: June 30, 2021, 08:23:14 PM »
WOW.  I'm glad you checked in.   All I can say is that I hope you guys get home real soon, safe n' sound. Weirdly enough it is hotter here than it is there. I assume your room is wonderfully equip with AC.. I'll be right over for a drink.

It does. I went to the motel office to wait for the room and had great conversations with the staff. They have a hard job, some people are miserable to them. Room has good ac, a shower, beds. Glad to have it.
No fridge. Drinks might be warm. Wait! Ice machine!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #5116 on: June 30, 2021, 08:26:08 PM »
They should have shot the guy with the drone too.

8000 evacuees should be able to sue him.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5117 on: June 30, 2021, 08:35:19 PM »
Hi all. I have piece by piece gotten some info out. So there was a lightning storm on Thursday. A lightning strike became a fire on federal land. There were 4 fires in total, the other 3 were all the way out. The last one was thought to be out, apparently the fire fighters (federal?) left and it was not out.
When there was a house fire last year I remember the local FFs stayed all night to make sure it was out. Wish it was they who worked on what became the Lava Fire instead of the feds.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/ill-take-the-heat-for-that-fire-official-apologizes-after-crews-left-before-lava-fire-was-out/ar-AALD1Mf

By Saturday there were evacuation warnings close by, but not on us. We got ready then in case. Sunday came our evac warning followed by an evac order an hour and a half later. We went. Only 2 of 5 cats were catchable. We left lots of food and water for them. We didn't know where to go. The red cross set up a shelter in a local high-school gym. No pets, so my husband slept in the car with the pets, trading off now and then. Red cross fed us, had a giant fan going as it was over 100 degrees when we got there and gave us cots to sleep on. My brother sent a phone number in the morning of a motel that had a few rooms. We got a reservation and got a room. We've been here ever since. There is a diner next to where we are and a Starbucks across the street. I never got coffee at one of those, but happy they had a nice light roast for me.
I can't think of what else to say. All the people we have worked with for anything, food, the room, red cross etc are wonderful sweet lovely people.
Oh, the shootout. So there are large pot growers near here. Two days ago the fire fighters wanted to work on the fire via their grow land. They were not allowed access by the growers. I don't appreciate people hindering fire fighters. The next day the fire fighters returned with police to help the FFs get the needed access. The grower refused again and apparently shot a gun at the police to demonstrate his lack of interest in letting the FFs work. They returned fire, and now there is one less grower around.
Oh and the drone moron. Someone kept flying a drone in to see the fire causing the planes and helicopters to be grounded because if they hit a drone they could crash. The drone moron interfered with the fire fighting more than once over 2 days. Apparently finally found and arrested.
Soooo how are youse guys?
@anniem  I was worried for you and YOURs. Your experience could be a story called--The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. You have a great brother.  :)
Do you have any idea how long this these wildfires will be burning?
I am not going to tell @Exile about the Starbucks shop being so close to you.  ;)
When in trouble when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout and get ICE!!!
Good night and catch you later.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #5118 on: June 30, 2021, 08:40:04 PM »
@anniem  I was worried for you and YOURs. Your experience could be a story called--The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. You have a great brother.  :)
Do you have any idea how long this these wildfires will be burning?
I am not going to tell @Exile about the Starbucks shop being so close to you.  ;)
Good night and catch you later.

No idea how long. I do have a good brother. I have 3 actually. @Exile, I had no choice. 
Goodnight dear @FISH

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5119 on: June 30, 2021, 10:29:49 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation @anniem . I'm glad you are safe and you and yours make it through safely. Get back home soon and hopefully find no damage and all the kitties are fine. Please keep us up to date
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #5120 on: July 01, 2021, 03:25:51 AM »
You are in my thoughts, @anniem I hope everything goes well.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5121 on: July 01, 2021, 06:39:03 AM »
You are in my thoughts, @anniem I hope everything goes well.
+1

Eh, nevermind...

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #5122 on: July 01, 2021, 10:09:52 AM »
Happy Canada Day to all the crazy, apologetic Canadians.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5123 on: July 01, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »
Happy Canada Day to all the crazy, apologetic Canadians.

Canada Day? Kind of like a cut rate Fourth of July? Considering they still have to curtsy to the Queen?
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5124 on: July 01, 2021, 11:37:16 AM »
Canada Day? Kind of like a cut rate Fourth of July? Considering they still have to curtsy to the Queen?

Bart and KSM just bought her a new ship this week!

Her Majesty's Canadian Ship Harry DeWolfe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5125 on: July 01, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »
@ShayP WTAF?  I have needs but that's insane. Are they putting gold in there or something?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5126 on: July 01, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »
Bart and KSM just bought her a new ship this week!

Her Majesty's Canadian Ship Harry DeWolfe

That's Bart's yacht.

Missinformed yankee-doodle thinking right there.

On the 4th will you be busy with your antifa buddies?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5127 on: July 01, 2021, 01:38:51 PM »
Is it appropriate to eat Canadian bacon today?  Kraft dinner?
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5128 on: July 01, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »

Yes, we get to celebrate our day with only 10% of the military deaths.
Thanks for whitewashing our fence and the apple pie, Ben.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5129 on: July 01, 2021, 02:47:18 PM »

Cut rate is right.  Two colored flag, less stitching.
Eh, nevermind...