Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810935 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #5130 on: July 01, 2021, 10:48:02 PM »
Good night and catch you later.

WE ARE HOME!!!!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5131 on: July 01, 2021, 11:27:40 PM »
WE ARE HOME!!!!

That's terrific!  Were the cats still there?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5132 on: July 01, 2021, 11:32:33 PM »
@ShayP WTAF?  I have needs but that's insane. Are they putting gold in there or something?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yikes! :o  But the horseradish is only $7.99!  ;D

I had to do a double take on that brand.  That's out of Buffalo. @Walks_At_Night  I confused that brand with Wasilewski's which is produced about 40 miles from me.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5133 on: July 02, 2021, 04:30:38 AM »

I had to do a double take on that brand.  That's out of Buffalo. @Walks_At_Night  I confused that brand with Wasilewski's which is produced about 40 miles from me.
@ShayP
Yeah, Polish names are confusing. I'm a Vollwerth's guy. The product prices are fair but the shipping is steep so was looking at alternatives.  There ain't no magic as they say. A staple of Rust Belt life but I can't get it here.  :'(

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5134 on: July 02, 2021, 05:47:11 AM »
WE ARE HOME!!!!
@anniem
HOME SWEET HOME!!!!  ;)
Welcome back to your home. I hope you and yours are doing GREAT.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5135 on: July 02, 2021, 05:52:12 AM »

@ShayP drive over to Philly. We have great Polish shops.
Bacik - horseradish, net weight: 6.3 oz = $2.49

https://polka-deli.com/

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5136 on: July 02, 2021, 06:09:19 AM »
@ShayP
Yeah, Polish names are confusing. I'm a Vollwerth's guy. The product prices are fair but the shipping is steep so was looking at alternatives.  There ain't no magic as they say. A staple of Rust Belt life but I can't get it here.  :'(

Since we're on the topic of sausages, @Walks_At_Night give Hofmann's a try if you can.  They're based in Syracuse.  I got them at a Wegmans in Virginia.  I think you may have one in your neck of the woods.  The best Kielbasa I've had.  Same with the hot dogs; especially the natural casing ones.  I love that snap.  They don't sell them here and I don't eat enough to order online and pay for shipping.  The shipping is probably just as steep as Vollwerth.  I checked them out.  They have a pretty good selection.  I'm intrigued by the Rebel Hot Polish Sausage.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5137 on: July 02, 2021, 06:35:25 AM »
Since we're on the topic of sausages, @Walks_At_Night give Hofmann's a try if you can.  They're based in Syracuse.  I got them at a Wegmans in Virginia.  I think you may have one in your neck of the woods.  The best Kielbasa I've had.  Same with the hot dogs; especially the natural casing ones.  I love that snap.  They don't sell them here and I don't eat enough to order online and pay for shipping.  The shipping is probably just as steep as Vollwerth.  I checked them out.  They have a pretty good selection.  I'm intrigued by the Rebel Hot Polish Sausage.
In Philly kielbasa is for sale everywhere. Corner stores will have kielbasa hanging off a rack or two.
The GO TO shop is CZERW's. People stand in line for hours during the Christmas and Easter seasons for Czerw's Kielbasy. kielbasyboys.com ;) @ShayP

http://www.kielbasyboys.com/id1.html

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5138 on: July 02, 2021, 06:38:20 AM »
In Philly kielbasa is for sale everywhere. Corner stores will have kielbasa hanging off a rack or two.
The GO TO shop is CZERW's. People stand in line for hours during the Christmas and Easter seasons for Czerw's Kielbasy. kielbasyboys.com ;) @ShayP

@FISH which do you like better?  Smoked or fresh?  While smoked was a staple in my childhood diet, I preferred Sunday’s treat. Fresh kielbasa. Along with everything else that went into a polish after church dinner feast.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5139 on: July 02, 2021, 06:47:41 AM »
@ShayP drive over to Philly. We have great Polish shops.
Bacik - horseradish, net weight: 6.3 oz = $2.49

https://polka-deli.com/

@FISH  Between turnpike tolls and gas, I'd go bankrupt.  ;) ;D

That's actually similar to a shop that was in Richmond, VA.  I recognize the Bacik brand.  The shop closed within a year.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5140 on: July 02, 2021, 06:52:48 AM »

I'd like to go there. @FISH  Reminds me of a few that were here when I was young.  Sadly, a lot of the establishments like that have died in Pittsburgh. :'( 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5141 on: July 02, 2021, 07:14:53 AM »

Thanks for the steer. We do have a Wegman's that recently opened in the area here in an attempt to compete with the Food Dawg. I'll have to pick up some Hoffman's.  Still doesn't solve my Ring Bologna problem.  >:(

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5142 on: July 02, 2021, 07:21:06 AM »
@FISH which do you like better?  Smoked or fresh?  While smoked was a staple in my childhood diet, I preferred Sunday’s treat. Fresh kielbasa. Along with everything else that went into a polish after church dinner feast.
I have fond memories of a sweet old Ukrainian lady making me mashed potatoes. She would add some bacon and bacon grease to this dish.
For Christmas and Easter I will buy fatty smoked kielbasa and cook it up with a polish sauerkraut. Of course, I cook the sauerkraut for at least 2 hours before adding the kielbasa. @ShayP
Funny thing is the next generation is very fond of the skinny kielbasa.

PS/I make wonderful golumpkis.  have an old old recipe for pierogi. It is not easy for a nice Irish girl to make homemade Polish food.  :(

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5143 on: July 02, 2021, 07:32:13 AM »
Thanks for the steer. We do have a Wegman's that recently opened in the area here in an attempt to compete with the Food Dawg. I'll have to pick up some Hoffman's.  Still doesn't solve my Ring Bologna problem.  >:(

You're welcome. @Walks_At_Night   I know it's not the brand you were used to and crave, but, Hofmann's has Ring Bologna.  It was in the Wegmans I mentioned.  I never purchased it.  Not sure if all Wegmans have the same stock though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5144 on: July 02, 2021, 07:49:48 AM »
I have fond memories of a sweet old Ukrainian lady making me mashed potatoes. She would add some bacon and bacon grease to this dish.
For Christmas and Easter I will buy fatty smoked kielbasa and cook it up with a polish sauerkraut. Of course, I cook the sauerkraut for at least 2 hours before adding the kielbasa. @ShayP
Funny thing is the next generation is very fond of the skinny kielbasa.

PS/I make wonderful golumpkis.  have an old old recipe for pierogi. It is not easy for a nice Irish girl to make homemade Polish food.  :(

"nice Irish girl?"  ???

I kid!  ;)  ;D  I'll have some of those golumpkis and the kielbasa and sauerkraut.