Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 811005 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Music - On Hold
« Reply #6555 on: June 23, 2022, 09:24:22 PM »
What's Matlock?

By the way, I hate that song (it was played seemingly non-stop on the radio when it came out) - it's the perfect irritant when on hold
Ask Shay what Matlock is. @ShayP tell him. Isn't he the Mayberry guy? A coroner?  Oh fuck I don't know.  ::)  Is he Fonzie?

PB, You hate all music unless it is some kind of pretentious jazz or blues that you find in woke pussified club in SF. Don't get me wrong though, I like both jazz and blues, but it too has been hijacked by posers in hard left cities like yours.

What about Don Knotts? 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #6556 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:34 PM »
Ask Shay what Matlock is. @ShayP tell him. Isn't he the Mayberry guy? A coroner?  Oh fuck I don't know.  ::)  Is he Fonzie?

PB, You hate all music unless it is some kind of pretentious jazz or blues that you find in woke pussified club in SF. Don't get me wrong though, I like both jazz and blues, but it too has been hijacked by posers in hard left cities like yours.

What about Don Knotts? 

A jazz sandwich on Mayberry?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Music - On Hold
« Reply #6557 on: June 24, 2022, 03:01:28 AM »
... PB, You hate all music unless it is some kind of pretentious jazz or blues...

?

Try harder

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6558 on: June 24, 2022, 03:42:47 AM »
I don't know what's happening.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6559 on: June 24, 2022, 08:11:07 AM »
I don't know what's happening.
Some things are best left as a mystery...

What isn't a mystery is that AT&T support is a fucking joke.

I spent an hour and 40 minutes plus on the phone with the Philippines and a girl from Mississippi living in Dallas-Fort Worth... Now, the girl from America pleasant and told me she needed to escalate me, but she transferred me right back into the main queue and I had to start from scratch. I would like to think it was out of ignorance as opposed to intentional...

This problem has occurred twice and both times and the representative who helped me was Egyptian. I was not only helped, it was done like in the first 10 minutes as opposed to spending hours on the phone.

I am now of the belief that when I call, and I hope I never have to again, I will hang up if it's a Filipino.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6560 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:18 AM »

I spent an hour and 40 minutes plus on the phone with the Philippines and a girl from Mississippi living in Dallas-Fort Worth... Now, the girl from America pleasant and told me she needed to escalate me, but she transferred me right back into the main queue and I had to start from scratch. I would like to think it was out of ignorance as opposed to intentional...

This problem has occurred twice and both times and the representative who helped me was Egyptian. I was not only helped, it was done like in the first 10 minutes as opposed to spending hours on the phone.

I am now of the belief that when I call, and I hope I never have to again, I will hang up if it's a Filipino.
AT&T sucks, and has for a long time, like most of woke corporate Amerika.  I’ve been happy with this outfit for cell service.

puretalk.com

At least I get someone who speaks American and not Abu, calling himself “Joe,” in a third world crap hole when I’ve called them.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6561 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:59 AM »

Good point.  Some things are better left as a mystery.

I just switched from T-Mobile to AT&T.  Ugh.  Hopefully I have no issues.  Your story mirrors what I went through with T-Mobile.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6562 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:15 AM »
AT&T sucks, and has for a long time...

Now I have regret.  :(

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6563 on: June 24, 2022, 08:27:24 AM »
Good point.  Some things are better left as a mystery.

I just switched from T-Mobile to AT&T.  Ugh.  Hopefully I have no issues.  Your story mirrors what I went through with T-Mobile.
I had AT&T a long time ago.  Got tired of their corporate insanity and switched to T-Mobile.  When T-Mobile evolved into crapola, I switched to PureTalk several years ago and have been satisfied with their service and support.  We’ll see how long it lasts before they catch the disease. ;)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6564 on: June 24, 2022, 10:47:26 AM »
Now I have regret.  :(
if it makes you feel better I'm still on T-mobile. Only one I've tried so far and I do the pay as you go thing. I just top it up every three months. Might move to puretalk when this current three month block is up.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6565 on: June 24, 2022, 11:09:50 AM »
if it makes you feel better I'm still on T-mobile. Only one I've tried so far and I do the pay as you go thing. I just top it up every three months. Might move to puretalk when this current three month block is up.
Yes, I try to avoid getting sucked into long-term contracts anymore, so I have the option to move on if the service begins to suck.  Being able to walk away is a great thing. ;)

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6566 on: June 24, 2022, 11:14:57 AM »
Yesterday, I fired my lawyer.

This morning, I settled by talking turkey directly to the man who would be cutting the check.

$32,000+ after 3 months of awful representation. My lawyer initially refused to even ask for that amount, I went ahead because it was the right thing...

Having a bunch of lawyers in my extended family, I will continue to disparage the profession. 

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6567 on: June 24, 2022, 07:11:56 PM »
Yesterday, I fired my lawyer.

This morning, I settled by talking turkey directly to the man who would be cutting the check.

$32,000+ after 3 months of awful representation. My lawyer initially refused to even ask for that amount, I went ahead because it was the right thing...

Having a bunch of lawyers in my extended family, I will continue to disparage the profession.
$32,000? what the hell are you up to?

My wife's family are lawyers and such. Her father started a prominent firm in Montreal many years ago and sold it for 9Mish back in 09. They're incredible people/in-laws. Until they're mad at you. And then you're fucked.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6568 on: June 24, 2022, 10:59:26 PM »
$32,000? what the hell are you up to?

My wife's family are lawyers and such. Her father started a prominent firm in Montreal many years ago and sold it for 9Mish back in 09. They're incredible people/in-laws. Until they're mad at you. And then you're fucked.
To be self-aggrandizing, $32k is one of my smaller things of late.. I'm working my way towards resolving shit before I'm not able to resolve things...

My in-laws are interesting.  Very successful even the bro-in-law who quit a major executive position to write books, edit famous writers and do a traditional gaming website...

One of these extended members is part of a major automotive family.  I think about begging for a free car often (because I'd never buy that brand)... It won't ever happen ☹️
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6569 on: June 24, 2022, 11:01:14 PM »
Yes, I try to avoid getting sucked into long-term contracts anymore, so I have the option to move on if the service begins to suck.  Being able to walk away is a great thing. ;)

I love Ting.  They're rolling out fiber home services too.
Eh, nevermind...