Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810737 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #6990 on: October 26, 2022, 11:41:04 AM »
I just heard from a previous regular customer who is a notable home builder back where I was.  *Cough*  Rather than close my business down before moving south I decided to pass it on to my two employees for a very reasonable price (((12% off the top for 1 year))) All they had to do was maintain already established repeat client relationships and conduct themselves accordingly. A turnkey situation that they could have made work for decades until they retire, or whatever.

HMm. They did not keep the company name as they wanted to make it their own which was a mistake IMO, but ok. They also did not continue the website which I also found strange. Whatever. In the last 30 minutes I've been informed that they have lost two very lucrative customers that were each good for between 40 - 60 K yearly. I suspect that there are other things happening as it all crumbles. They bought houses while employed under me as I kept things running beautifully and the money was good, and steady. These boys have large mortgages to carry.

Prediction:

Within a year from now they will no longer be self-employed and their rich families will not help them in the slightest because of the destructive stupidity displayed over the last 14 months.
Fuckin' Idiots!

I think I saw that truck down in Florida during spring break

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6991 on: October 26, 2022, 11:57:17 AM »
I just heard from a previous regular customer who is a notable home builder back where I was.  *Cough*  Rather than close my business down before moving south I decided to pass it on to my two employees for a very reasonable price (((12% off the top for 1 year))) All they had to do was maintain already established repeat client relationships and conduct themselves accordingly. A turnkey situation that they could have made work for decades until they retire, or whatever.

HMm. They did not keep the company name as they wanted to make it their own which was a mistake IMO, but ok. They also did not continue the website which I also found strange. Whatever. In the last 30 minutes I've been informed that they have lost two very lucrative customers that were each good for between 40 - 60 K yearly. I suspect that there are other things happening as it all crumbles. They bought houses while employed under me as I kept things running beautifully and the money was good, and steady. These boys have large mortgages to carry.

Prediction:

Within a year from now they will no longer be self-employed and their rich families will not help them in the slightest because of the destructive stupidity displayed over the last 14 months.
Fuckin' Idiots!

If you were getting paid off the top for a year and it has been 14 months then what do you care? Let them set each other on fire, you are out.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6992 on: October 26, 2022, 11:57:39 AM »
@KSM  They didn't pay enough up-front. At least they changed the name and killed the website so as not to soil your reputation as much as they could have.

If they weren't in Canada, I would encourage you to go and take your clients back.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6993 on: October 27, 2022, 12:20:34 AM »
If you were getting paid off the top for a year and it has been 14 months then what do you care? Let them set each other on fire, you are out.
True. I shouldn't care. But it pisses me off that they seem to be fucking themselves when I pretty much handed them a fully functioning company. It's like, just clean the countertops and dust, and the rest will take care of itself. (Worst analogy ever)

@KSM  They didn't pay enough up-front. At least they changed the name and killed the website so as not to soil your reputation as much as they could have.

If they weren't in Canada, I would encourage you to go and take your clients back.

Yip. Here's the thing. I don't think they named it anything - just got rid of the original name. Fuckers figured word of mouth and existing accounts would carry them till the end of time. They should've named it Ardon & Arron Will Fuck Themselves In No Time At All Flooring. LTD

I'm done with it.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6994 on: October 27, 2022, 03:43:48 AM »
True. I shouldn't care. But it pisses me off that they seem to be fucking themselves when I pretty much handed them a fully functioning company. It's like, just clean the countertops and dust, and the rest will take care of itself. (Worst analogy ever)
Yip. Here's the thing. I don't think they named it anything - just got rid of the original name. Fuckers figured word of mouth and existing accounts would carry them till the end of time. They should've named it Ardon & Arron Will Fuck Themselves In No Time At All Flooring. LTD

I'm done with it.

Ardon?  Couldn't it at least have been Arden?

Name a kid Ardon and what do you expect?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6995 on: October 27, 2022, 09:28:26 AM »

Ardon?  Couldn't it at least have been Arden?

Name a kid Ardon and what do you expect?
It is Arden. I mistyped. ARDON sounds like a superman villain.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6996 on: October 27, 2022, 10:25:30 AM »

I expect nothing but perfection out of you, and now my day is ruined.

;D ;)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6997 on: October 27, 2022, 11:33:12 AM »

They named a boy Arden?  Hoping he would go into theatre, or just that he'd be gay?

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #6998 on: October 30, 2022, 06:46:23 PM »

Avril Lavigne has been so fucking hot for the last 20 years, somehow. And this is a banger.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6999 on: October 30, 2022, 08:49:20 PM »

Avril Lavigne has been so fucking hot for the last 20 years, somehow. And this is a banger.

Yeah, it's a killer song. HUGE dynamics.  She's too tiny for me, but there's no denying her material.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7000 on: October 31, 2022, 12:17:25 AM »

Paul Harvey pulled a misdirection...
Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #7001 on: October 31, 2022, 12:34:39 AM »
Paul Harvey pulled a misdirection...

The Rest of the Story episodes were written by Paul's son, Paul Harvey Jr.  Now you know the rest of the story.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7002 on: October 31, 2022, 01:08:45 AM »
The Rest of the Story episodes were written by Paul's son, Paul Harvey Jr.  Now you know the rest of the story.

I rarely buy things at the recommendation of a host or anything like that. So...

I bought a VTech digital cordless phone from the C Crane Company. That was a complete piece of shit and was not secure.

And I bought an electric toothbrush that Paul Harvey recommended. They had something like a 30-day return window. When I called up the business to get an RMA, they knew that Paul Harvey talked it up too much. I remember the woman asking if I heard about it on Paul Harvey...

Art, Paul, Rush, Bruce Williams... 28-something years ago. If I knew then what I know now, I would have shot myself behind my ear.

Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #7003 on: October 31, 2022, 01:59:47 AM »
I rarely buy things at the recommendation of a host or anything like that. So...

I bought a VTech digital cordless phone from the C Crane Company. That was a complete piece of shit and was not secure.

And I bought an electric toothbrush that Paul Harvey recommended. They had something like a 30-day return window. When I called up the business to get an RMA, they knew that Paul Harvey talked it up too much. I remember the woman asking if I heard about it on Paul Harvey...

Art, Paul, Rush, Bruce Williams... 28-something years ago. If I knew then what I know now, I would have shot myself behind my ear.

I remember hearing Art doing a commercial for a local army surplus store, of all places.  I've often wondered how much he was payed for recording the spot.  I only heard it a few times during his show.  The store went out of business years ago.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7004 on: October 31, 2022, 05:32:32 AM »
It’s a good thing we have Dave Norway now, so we get plugs we can rely on.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

https://www.dherbs.com/george/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎