Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810704 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #7575 on: June 03, 2023, 10:47:33 AM »
The freshest sushi/sashimi that I have experienced in America is in Las Vegas. Second best, Los Angeles. They fly the stuff into McCarran. There's a place East of the airport you buy what's left after the restaurants get what they need for the day.
Yeah, that's how to do it. Same day! Out here you'd think they truck it in inside a Coleman camping cooler with a bag of ice and a six pack for the driver.

Vancouver has or had the best sushi in the world. They were able to say that for many years, but I'm not sure anymore.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7576 on: June 03, 2023, 11:09:04 AM »
Yeah, that's how to do it. Same day! Out here you'd think they truck it in inside a Coleman camping cooler with a bag of ice and a six pack for the driver.

Vancouver has or had the best sushi in the world. They were able to say that for many years, but I'm not sure anymore.

All fish that is eaten raw has to be frozen in order to be sold in North America, how much difference would an extra day or 10 make anyway?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7577 on: June 03, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
All fish that is eaten raw has to be frozen in order to be sold in North America, how much difference would an extra day or 10 make anyway?
The sushi-belt place on the first floor of my complex has the twice frozen texture, and then..  it assumes room temperature as it all goes around and around on the belt ride for some length of time. The wasabi is the powdered kind and the ginger is faded and dry around the edges at times. (ick)  YET sometimes when you get it all together in your mouth it seems ok.  :-[

Might as well be Fresh Saskatchewan Sushi  ::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7578 on: June 03, 2023, 02:01:20 PM »
Sour soda candy from Japan. I don't think of soda as sour.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Designing candy packages is the animator's part-time job. He's a sex doll designer for his day gig.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7579 on: June 04, 2023, 08:48:26 AM »
I did not know until recently that we, in Colorado, have "moth season" they're everywhere for about three weeks now and they're big! Plump! Sort of scary and I had to run away from one a few days ago. I shrieked like a little girl.  I think I'm scared of them..  :o :-[

Fortunately moth season is winding down as they all die off..

MOTHra
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7580 on: June 04, 2023, 08:53:06 AM »
I did not know until recently that we, in Colorado, have "moth season" they're everywhere for about three weeks now and they're big! Plump! Sort of scary and I had to run away from one a few days ago. I shrieked like a little girl.  I think I'm scared of them..  :o :-[

Fortunately moth season is winding down as they all die off..

MOTHra

Hide your wool undies...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7581 on: June 04, 2023, 11:08:59 AM »

Fortunately moth season is winding down as they all die off...

Has anyone mentioned mosquito season?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7582 on: June 04, 2023, 12:19:20 PM »

Has anyone mentioned mosquito season?

Too dry here. Arrived beginning of last August and have yet to see one. Again - Too dry.

What movie is that giant mosquito attack from? @PB

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #7583 on: June 04, 2023, 05:09:10 PM »
Old people who use their iPhone flashlights to read menus should be gassed.

You're not in a coal mine. If you can't read a menu in slightly dim conditions you should stay home and eat microwave meals.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7584 on: June 04, 2023, 05:39:31 PM »
Old people who use their iPhone flashlights to read menus should be gassed.

You're not in a coal mine. If you can't read a menu in slightly dim conditions you should stay home and eat microwave meals.

First World problems?

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7586 on: June 06, 2023, 03:29:05 PM »
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7587 on: June 07, 2023, 08:53:22 PM »
Concussed myself this afternoon while attempting to get a few guitar cases down from a very high shelf. There was a large air purifier on top of the cases and I knew that it was going to fall as I slid the cases off the shelf. Plan was to let the suitcase sized unit fall and bounce off my shoulder to the ground and I would then trash it. Must have misjudged. It fell directly onto the top of my head, thus dummying me for several minutes with guitar cases in hands..  Now, hours later, I'm groggy and exhausted. Want to sleep for 18 hours.

If I die in my sleep, please understand that none of you are in my will and I am sorry for that. Should I survive, I will make an appointment with my attorney to make things right between you and I. Or, I'll renege on that and won't change anything but I'll feel bad about it.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7588 on: June 08, 2023, 02:15:31 AM »
Concussed myself this afternoon while attempting to get a few guitar cases down from a very high shelf. There was a large air purifier on top of the cases and I knew that it was going to fall as I slid the cases off the shelf. Plan was to let the suitcase sized unit fall and bounce off my shoulder to the ground and I would then trash it. Must have misjudged. It fell directly onto the top of my head, thus dummying me for several minutes with guitar cases in hands..  Now, hours later, I'm groggy and exhausted. Want to sleep for 18 hours.

If I die in my sleep, please understand that none of you are in my will and I am sorry for that. Should I survive, I will make an appointment with my attorney to make things right between you and I. Or, I'll renege on that and won't change anything but I'll feel bad about it.

Ouchy!

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #7589 on: June 08, 2023, 02:35:48 AM »

I was counting on getting the flying spinning back Kick guitar when you exited. Since I’m not getting it I hope you get better I guess.