Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 811041 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #7785 on: August 12, 2023, 04:56:13 PM »
... In a Death From Above Only in Texas, I Don't Need No Rifle move.

Lol

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7786 on: August 15, 2023, 01:56:10 PM »
I don't want to brag, but.. from grades 1 through 5 I got beat up at the bus stop by the neighbor boys while we waited for the school bus. I would then get beat up on the bus on the way to school by other kids. I would then get beat up randomly throughout the day during school. I would then get beat up waiting for the after-school bus to take us home. I would then get re-beat-up on the bus on the way back home. I would then get beat up as the bus drove away as the neighbor boys would finish their beatings from early that morning.

And that was just Mondays.  :D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7787 on: August 15, 2023, 02:12:44 PM »
I don't want to brag, but.. from grades 1 through 5 I got beat up at the bus stop by the neighbor boys while we waited for the school bus. I would then get beat up on the bus on the way to school by other kids. I would then get beat up randomly throughout the day during school. I would then get beat up waiting for the after-school bus to take us home. I would then get re-beat-up on the bus on the way back home. I would then get beat up as the bus drove away as the neighbor boys would finish their beatings from early that morning.

A great premise for vengeance.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7788 on: August 15, 2023, 03:19:51 PM »

Um... I was bragging!! Totally different thing.  ;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7789 on: August 15, 2023, 04:59:44 PM »

I've been in 5 altercations in my life where punches were thrown.  I should say when a (singluar) punch was thrown (ok once there were two of them, so two that time). 

After the first one I learned when things have gone past the point of no return for sure, don't wait around for the other guy to go first.  Wait, does the time I was bitten at the Stones concert count?  6.  No, that was a hard shove to the ground, 5.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7790 on: August 15, 2023, 05:09:16 PM »
For years some prick has been snapping off branches from the trees and bushes in my front yard out by the sidewalk in the corner, and throwing it on the lawn.  All this time I figured it was someone out walking that decided I don't trim them fast enough.

Today I come home and find they did it again, only this time there were also much larger branches in my yard further back by the gate to the backyard.  Next to that same neighbor's yard.

I went over to have a chat.  I see tools, clippings, and bagged cuttings on their patio, so clearly they'd been out doing a certain amount of trimming today.  I could hear them inside, knock on the door, no answer.  So back over the fence that stuff all went, in the driveway where they can't miss it.  Better be the end of it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7791 on: August 15, 2023, 05:51:56 PM »
For years some prick has been snapping off branches from the trees and bushes in my front yard out by the sidewalk in the corner, and throwing it on the lawn.  All this time I figured it was someone out walking that decided I don't trim them fast enough.

Today I come home and find they did it again, only this time there were also much larger branches in my yard further back by the gate to the backyard.  Next to that same neighbor's yard.

I went over to have a chat.  I see tools, clippings, and bagged cuttings on their patio, so clearly they'd been out doing a certain amount of trimming today.  I could hear them inside, knock on the door, no answer.  So back over the fence that stuff all went, in the driveway where they can't miss it.  Better be the end of it.

Oh.. that would infuriate me. This has been going on for years? You've been patient. Glad you threw it all back over the fence. Guy sounds like a Newsom voter.  ;D

Keep me/us posted, please.  :D :)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7792 on: August 15, 2023, 06:29:58 PM »
Oh.. that would infuriate me. This has been going on for years? You've been patient...

I didn't know who it was, always before it was up in the front right next to the sidewalk - figured it was some entitled bratty dipshit out walking their dog or something, not the neighbor.

... Keep me/us posted, please.  :D :)

Will do.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7793 on: August 15, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »

I was over to my favorite coffee shop the other day.  Outdoors, across from UC Berkeley.  I work remotely so it's a great place to go to get out of the house for an hour or so at lunch time.  There are a number of people there I'm either friends with or on friendly terms with.  People are working, taking a break, studying, whatever, we aren't all sitting together.

Black guy I've never seen before sits down next to a friend of mine, friend says something, and the guy gets all huffy.  It didn't look good, he goes inside to get a coffee and I go over and ask my friend what the hell.

He tells me all he did was offer to move a chair or something and thinks maybe the guy has a chip on his shoulder, didn't quite hear, and assumed something else.

Dude comes out, takes one look at me, and says something like ''I should have known you two were friends'', whatever that means, and moves elsewhere.

Friend and I talk a little longer, just catching up a bit on other stuff.  Dude comes back all apologetic, etc.

I go back, sit down, another person I know near me wants to know what the hell, and someone else we know near my friend asks him the same thing.  Black dude sees all this, goes over to clear the air again.

It was like someone going into a bar in rural Alabama, giving someone shit, and realizing they're all cousins, Lol.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7794 on: August 15, 2023, 08:07:57 PM »

The bullies name was LANCE!!?? Hahaha

I was over to my favorite coffee shop the other day.  Outdoors, across from UC Berkeley.  I work remotely so it's a great place to go to get out of the house for an hour or so at lunch time.  There are a number of people there I'm either friends with or on friendly terms with.  People are working, taking a break, studying, whatever, we aren't all sitting together.

Black guy I've never seen before sits down next to a friend of mine, friend says something, and the guy gets all huffy.  It didn't look good, he goes inside to get a coffee and I go over and ask my friend what the hell.

He tells me all he did was offer to move a chair or something and thinks maybe the guy has a chip on his shoulder, didn't quite hear, and assumed something else.

Dude comes out, takes one look at me, and says something like ''I should have known you two were friends'', whatever that means, and moves elsewhere.

Friend and I talk a little longer, just catching up a bit on other stuff.  Dude comes back all apologetic, etc.

I go back, sit down, another person I know near me wants to know what the hell, and someone else we know near my friend asks him the same thing.  Black dude sees all this, goes over to clear the air again.

It was like someone going into a bar in rural Alabama, giving someone shit, and realizing they're all cousins, Lol.

Sounds like he felt he was dropped into a social issues twilight zone episode.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7795 on: August 15, 2023, 09:13:44 PM »
Painful to watch
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7796 on: August 17, 2023, 06:12:22 PM »
Oh.. that would infuriate me. This has been going on for years? You've been patient. Glad you threw it all back over the fence. Guy sounds like a Newsom voter.  ;D

Keep me/us posted, please.  :D :)

All still sitting in his driveway, right where I left it.

If he's trying to make me feel bad, it ain't working.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7797 on: August 17, 2023, 08:51:11 PM »

All still sitting in his driveway, right where I left it.

If he's trying to make me feel bad, it ain't working.
Heh heh heh.. Love it!

#ThingsThatBringMeJoy

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7798 on: August 19, 2023, 07:59:27 AM »
Dammit. Why do some people (women) poison perfectly good chocolate chip cookies with nuts and fucking oatmeal.

THEY'RE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! THEY DO NOT NEED ANY HELP!!  FUCK SAKES!!

And I'll say it again. These women also add nuts to brownies!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7799 on: August 19, 2023, 10:28:49 AM »
Dammit. Why do some people (women) poison perfectly good chocolate chip cookies with nuts and fucking oatmeal.

THEY'RE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! THEY DO NOT NEED ANY HELP!!  FUCK SAKES!!

And I'll say it again. These women also add nuts to brownies!

And it's inevitably walnuts.  Let's get something that tastes a little better, and serve them on the side.