Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 810907 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #7830 on: August 30, 2023, 11:02:03 AM »
Those branches are still sitting in his driveway.  The leaves have dried up and turned brown.

Last year someone called the City and complained because I hadn't cleared some leaves out of my yard fast enough (I had a repetitive stress keyboard injury and had to wait for that to heal up before doing yardwork).  Now I have a good idea who that was.

If those branches I threw back over the fence aren't taken care of, should I call the City, lol?
Weird. Don't ask, but within ten minutes of opening my eyes this morning, I was like 'I wonder if the branches and general shrubbery is still where he (you) threw it.'

Call the city! Two can play at that game. This is right up @sean92008 's alley too.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7831 on: August 30, 2023, 12:08:25 PM »
Weird. Don't ask, but within ten minutes of opening my eyes this morning, I was like 'I wonder if the branches and general shrubbery is still where he (you) threw it.'

Call the city! Two can play at that game. This is right up @sean92008 's alley too.

God,I am ready to sue my HOA.  I prepared a PDF file with password protection. I am forcing them to respond and act or I can use a legal maneuver to screw them.  Alcoholic board member interfering.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7832 on: August 30, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »
God,I am ready to sue my HOA.  I prepared a PDF file with password protection. I am forcing them to respond and act or I can use a legal maneuver to screw them.  Alcoholic board member interfering.
Looing forward to updates on that as well. My only complaint now is that they are allowing kids in the building, so now there's no way I would buy one of these suites. I love kids, but these are screaming little shits ruin pool time for others. Think it's only one family, but that's how it starts.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7833 on: August 30, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »
Looing forward to updates on that as well. My only complaint now is that they are allowing kids in the building, so now there's no way I would buy one of these suites. I love kids, but these are screaming little shits ruin pool time for others. Think it's only one family, but that's how it starts.

So they'd somehow, against all odds, managed to attain that nirvana of a child-free building, and some dipshit thought it would be a good idea to get some kids in there?

I'd start looking now.  Tell the guy if you wanted to live around a bunch of kids you'd get married, move to suburbia, and have your own.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7834 on: August 30, 2023, 07:03:17 PM »
So they'd somehow, against all odds, managed to attain that nirvana of a child-free building, and some dipshit thought it would be a good idea to get some kids in there?

I'd start looking now.  Tell the guy if you wanted to live around a bunch of kids you'd get married, move to suburbia, and have your own.

Yeah, I'll be in the office tomorrow with regards to something else where I will also inquire about any changes in the system. This is a very nice area of town to be in, so I don't really want to leave until I make some huge decisions with regards to my final destination. I'm pretty sure it's not a welfare mother/family with the kids as you must have proof of 6k monthly income just to apply for the lowest rent (or purchase) place in my building and others within a 3 block radius.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7835 on: September 06, 2023, 10:05:53 AM »
DOCTOR Jill Biden tests positive for covid. Because of course she does.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7836 on: September 06, 2023, 10:23:56 AM »
DOCTOR Jill Biden tests positive for covid. Because of course she does.

They need to promote the boogeyman now...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7837 on: September 06, 2023, 10:35:29 AM »
They need to promote the boogeyman now...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7838 on: September 06, 2023, 11:44:21 PM »
I love this.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7839 on: September 07, 2023, 11:38:26 PM »

Branches still there.  Leaves a little browner. 

He's sure sticking it to me leaving them there like that.  Maybe at some point they'll crumble into dust and blow back over the fence.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7840 on: September 09, 2023, 07:53:48 AM »
Branches still there.  Leaves a little browner. 

He's sure sticking it to me leaving them there like that.  Maybe at some point they'll crumble into dust and blow back over the fence.
Are there any awkward moments where you're walking up/down your driveway, or getting out of your car while he's out there as well? @PB You know.. random shit encounters within shouting distance.

You can't just go and punch your neighbor.  ;)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7841 on: September 09, 2023, 09:10:53 AM »
Are there any awkward moments where you're walking up/down your driveway, or getting out of your car while he's out there as well? @PB You know.. random shit encounters within shouting distance.

You can't just go and punch your neighbor.  ;)

I've lived here 20 years and have seen him maybe 3 times.  I'm not certain I could pick him out of a police lineup.

If I were to run into him, and ascertain his identify, the conversation would go something like this:  ''Stay the fuck out of my yard, don't reach into my yard, cut any branches off at the property line - don't just reach as far as you can and snap them off, and don't throw your fuckin' trash into my yard.  Make sense?''  Probably just about exactly like that.

I once helped his 100 year old mother when she came over and told me she locked herself out - he was on vakay in Mexico, good thing I was around.  I helped him cut down a tree once, when I saw him and some friend (the brother in law?) out there - to make sure it didn't fall on my roof.

He's supposed to be a retired engineering professor from UC Berkeley, but seeing that tree project and some of the other things he's done, he can't possibly be an engineer.

His mother owns the house - she's Japanese and lived most of her life in Hawaii.  From the one time I saw and talked to her I think she regrets selling her beautiful home, furniture, etc, and moving here.  He's got a sister that lives around here somewhere that visits once in awhile, I wouldn't recognize her either.  They're very nondescript.

He's got the same model red Ferrari in his garage as the Magnum PI car, never seen him drive it - I saw it when the housekeeper (possibly the sister?) locked herself out (fortunately the garage door was open, getting into the house from there was a snap) and once or twice since when the garage door was open.

That's about it.

But they keep quiet, so that's 99% of being a great neighbor.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7842 on: September 09, 2023, 09:21:40 AM »
There was one time I came home, car I didn't recognize in their driveway, and a couple of ''African-American youths'' trying to kick his door in.

I parked behind them to block their car, called the cops, who came and hauled them off.  Never heard a thing about that, not sure what ever happened or what was going on.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7843 on: September 09, 2023, 11:07:28 AM »
Being a professor explains the macro aggression... Cal Berkeley = Untrustworthy as fuck.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7844 on: September 10, 2023, 07:40:39 AM »
I've lived here 20 years and have seen him maybe 3 times.  I'm not certain I could pick him out of a police lineup.

If I were to run into him, and ascertain his identify, the conversation would go something like this:  ''Stay the fuck out of my yard, don't reach into my yard, cut any branches off at the property line - don't just reach as far as you can and snap them off, and don't throw your fuckin' trash into my yard.  Make sense?''  Probably just about exactly like that.

I once helped his 100 year old mother when she came over and told me she locked herself out - he was on vakay in Mexico, good thing I was around.  I helped him cut down a tree once, when I saw him and some friend (the brother in law?) out there - to make sure it didn't fall on my roof.

He's supposed to be a retired engineering professor from UC Berkeley, but seeing that tree project and some of the other things he's done, he can't possibly be an engineer.

His mother owns the house - she's Japanese and lived most of her life in Hawaii.  From the one time I saw and talked to her I think she regrets selling her beautiful home, furniture, etc, and moving here.  He's got a sister that lives around here somewhere that visits once in awhile, I wouldn't recognize her either.  They're very nondescript.

He's got the same model red Ferrari in his garage as the Magnum PI car, never seen him drive it - I saw it when the housekeeper (possibly the sister?) locked herself out (fortunately the garage door was open, getting into the house from there was a snap) and once or twice since when the garage door was open.

That's about it.

But they keep quiet, so that's 99% of being a great neighbor.

Nice. Thanks for the update. 20 years, only see the guy 3 times! That's something in itself.