Author Topic: Daytime TV Drama  (Read 7251 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Daytime TV Drama
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »
Luke retired and moved to Amsterdam. Laura is Mayor

In the early 80s I'd watch GH after classes a few times per week. Only for a couple years, but I do remember those two. I remember being told that the Laura actress had very long chicklets and had to have them filed down to a normal size. I have no idea if that is true.

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
F A G G O T  thread ::)
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 02:15:42 PM »
@KSM   It's actually refreshing you posted regarding these shows.  It was in the mid 90's.  Because of my job and other things, like you said, "finding things to do in the afternoon was a challenge."  I went through a 2 year phase where I was utterly addicted to The Guiding Light and As The World Turns.  More so with The Guiding Light.  I had a thing for Reva, and her relationship with Josh was absurd.  I was intrigued by the Spaulding family.  The character of Allan-Michael Spaulding especially.  Anyway, things changed and I had to do other things so the shows went by the wayside.  I always scoffed at these soap operas, and wondered why people wasted their time.  I always thought it was for old ladies and 'stay at home' Mom's.  But yet I became addicted for that short time.  I can see how people do.  I've never watched one since, nor have I had the urge.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »
@KSM   It's actually refreshing you posted regarding these shows.  It was in the mid 90's.  Because of my job and other things, like you said, "finding things to do in the afternoon was a challenge."  I went through a 2 year phase where I was utterly addicted to The Guiding Light and As The World Turns.  More so with The Guiding Light.  I had a thing for Reva, and her relationship with Josh was absurd.  I was intrigued by the Spaulding family.  The character of Allan-Michael Spaulding especially.  Anyway, things changed and I had to do other things so the shows went by the wayside.  I always scoffed at these soap operas, and wondered why people wasted their time.  I always thought it was for old ladies and 'stay at home' Mom's.  But yet I became addicted for that short time.  I can see how people do.  I've never watched one since, nor have I had the urge.
Yup. It's pure circumstance that can have you addicted. If, addicted is the right word but that's what it seemed like for 15 years of my afternoons ???

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 03:56:46 AM »
Reva and Josh drove me nuts. It was Beth Chamberlin I was hot for. And Mary Kay Adams.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »
Reva and Josh drove me nuts. It was Beth Chamberlin I was hot for. And Mary Kay Adams.
So you were watching for the wrong reasons. It's about keeping up with the continuing stooorrrry, not the girls we want to bang. Unless it's about the girls we want to bang. But that doesn't seem right.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2019, 12:29:36 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

OMG Y&R's Victor Newman is dead! Poisoned by rebel son, Adam Newman.(Adam poisoned his own father) This is horrible. Nick is furious!

Got home from work and went directly to PVR and the shit is all so real :'( Fortunately Christina's in Baltimore so my tears and random screams echoing throughout the house are between myself, and wonderful Vera. She's sad too. :'(

..and how convenient that Sharon and Jack wind up in Sedona AZ organically meeting in a bar?? Yeah right ::)  PFFT:::  They're gonna sleep together..   ooohhh bwoooyyy  this is juicy!!!

Godspeed, Victor. You will be missed - :'()

I AM NOT A SISSY

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:19 AM »
During my hurricane evacuation I saw the show open. It looks as though they’ve let Katherine Chancellor’s maid wear something other than that French maid’s outfit. After Katherine died, did the maid go out into the world like Chauncey the gardener?
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2019, 07:52:11 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

OMG Y&R's Victor Newman is dead! Poisoned by rebel son, Adam Newman.(Adam poisoned his own father) This is horrible. Nick is furious!

Got home from work and went directly to PVR and the shit is all so real :'( Fortunately Christina's in Baltimore so my tears and random screams echoing throughout the house are between myself, and wonderful Vera. She's sad too. :'(

..and how convenient that Sharon and Jack wind up in Sedona AZ organically meeting in a bar?? Yeah right ::)  PFFT:::  They're gonna sleep together..   ooohhh bwoooyyy  this is juicy!!!

I AM NOT A SISSY

That is amazing news. Adam has always been jealous slime. But then nobody dies forever in the Soaps. Sure he's really dead? But then Victor is really getting up there in age. Maybe he has Joe Biden Syndrome. I remember him from old reruns in The Rat Patrol. Handsome devil (Victor. Not Biden). That's sad they felt the need to kill him off. They could have just let him retire to Amsterdam like Luke. He and Luke could have opened a brothel on the waterfront

My condolences, @KSM  😿

...In other news. Over at GH it looks like the big reveal that Lucas and Brad's baby is really Michael's baby is finally about to happen. This will keep me on the treadmill
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2019, 07:56:24 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

Have no fear man.  Victor is forever immortalized in The Rat Patrol with the rest of the Afrika Korps.   ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 01:20:42 PM »
Have no fear man.  Victor is forever immortalized in The Rat Patrol with the rest of the Afrika Korps.   ;)

@Walks_At_Night  I loved The Rat Patrol.  8)

Caith

• KMST
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 06:39:28 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

I AM NOT A SISSY

Hi KSM, The Y&R has been my favorite guilty pleasure for years!  Don't give up on Victor,  he'll be back!  LOL!  I have to admit that when Jeanne Cooper / Kay Chancellor passed IRL, it was like loosing a friend after years of seeing her daily.  ALTHOUGH,  I did NOT suffer from complicated grief!  ☺
Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
Hi KSM, The Y&R has been my favorite guilty pleasure for years!  Don't give up on Victor,  he'll be back!  LOL!  I have to admit that when Jeanne Cooper / Kay Chancellor passed IRL, it was like loosing a friend after years of seeing her daily.  ALTHOUGH,  I did NOT suffer from complicated grief!  ☺
@Caith I actually stopped watching when she, K died. Couldn't take it anymore, and I hated the way they killed Colleen (Brad's daughter) annnd I didn't like the way they killed Brad! GeeWiz! I'm going to regret this post. I sound like a fairy, a fancy boy, a L00k at me Stanley!

I only know about current happenings because my wife tells me.  :-\

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2019, 03:37:35 AM »
But what about Esther? How is she surviving?
Merry Christmas

Caith

• KMST
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »
But what about Esther? How is she surviving?
Good Morning KSM and Juan,  My husband "listens" on his off days but sometimes curiosity gets the best of him and he has to watch any exciting parts. LOL  Juan, Esther dresses much better these days and the writers still use her as a foil to Jill.  Personally,  I don't think the soap will ever be as good as it once was or seemed. The soap I used to race home after school to catch the last few minutes was Dark Shadows! There's areal classic. 😊
Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.