Author Topic: Are You Mandela Affected?  (Read 15447 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Are You Mandela Affected?
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
Most of us know about the ME. For example, it turns out that "it's a beautiful day in *this* (not "the") neighborhood" and "life *was* (not "is") like a box of chocolates". There are tons of examples that may or may not be tricks of our collective memories. Those are collective examples, but do you have personal examples?

My cousin had a graduation dinner and party when I was in grade school, and I absolutely recall many things that were done and said in minute detail. For instance, I recall a game of touch football, and I recall the names of my cousin's friends who I met for the first time. Well, my cousin, as well as my uncle, claim that none of this ever happened!  :o I guess that I *am* in a parallel universe, so this craziness finally makes sense.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Are You Mandela Affected?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »
There was a song called RICH AND FAMOUS by a band that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
I had the album and listened to the song thousands of times in my youth.
The song was perfect for a project I was working on a few years ago.
I dug out the album from my collection but the song was not on it.
It was the only album the band ever released and I remember it was the first track on it.
Nope.
I listened to the entire album and nothing.
I was able to record a version of the song from memory.
I played it for people and none of them ever heard the song before.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:27:57 PM »
I was a church kid because my mom was a church lady, and isn't that speciiiaaalll. I was in Sunday school until the age of 10 where we went over Bible verses, Biblical coloring books, all the Sunday school stuff. I distinctly remember our teacher with a giant illustration at the front of the class with all forms of animals and people in a very large beautiful field that depicted the 1000 years of peace. In this picture The Lion Was Laying With The Lamb, as well as other animals hanging out that normally wouldn't get along. The Biblical phrase "and the lion shall lay with the lamb" now reads "WOLF shall lay with the lamb" When I first heard about this ME a few years ago I got out the Bible that I've had since I was six years old and sure enough... the fucking wolf was laying with the lamb. I also remember Mandela being released and watching the celebration on a news break one sunny day after school. I didn't care and I didn't know who he was, but he was released.

Anyways I know what I saw and heard in Sunday school and it wasn't a damn WOLF!!!  Over time we'll be moved into the reality where the allies didn't win WW2 :o ;D

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
Be happy you're not in the timeline where the US and USSR decided to push their big red buttons...   - The Organization

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »
There was a song called RICH AND FAMOUS by a band that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
I had the album and listened to the song thousands of times in my youth.
The song was perfect for a project I was working on a few years ago.
I dug out the album from my collection but the song was not on it.
It was the only album the band ever released and I remember it was the first track on it.
Nope.
I listened to the entire album and nothing.
I was able to record a version of the song from memory.
I played it for people and none of them ever heard the song before.

That's a scary one! It reminds me of the Mister Rogers song. My friend and I watched it, to lampoon the show, when we were in grade school. I repeatedly heard "the" instead of "this". I gasped when I heard the new version.

I often have a variation of your music theme. I learn that a song hit the charts when I was in college, but I recall it from my high school days. The reverse sometimes happens too. I don't know if I should blame my mistaken remembrance or a parallel universe.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 03:25:29 PM »
I was a church kid because my mom was a church lady, and isn't that speciiiaaalll. I was in Sunday school until the age of 10 where we went over Bible verses, Biblical coloring books, all the Sunday school stuff. I distinctly remember our teacher with a giant illustration at the front of the class with all forms of animals and people in a very large beautiful field that depicted the 1000 years of peace. In this picture The Lion Was Laying With The Lamb, as well as other animals hanging out that normally wouldn't get along. The Biblical phrase "and the lion shall lay with the lamb" now reads "WOLF shall lay with the lamb" When I first heard about this ME a few years ago I got out the Bible that I've had since I was six years old and sure enough... the fucking wolf was laying with the lamb. I also remember Mandela being released and watching the celebration on a news break one sunny day after school. I didn't care and I didn't know who he was, but he was released.

Anyways I know what I saw and heard in Sunday school and it wasn't a damn WOLF!!!  Over time we'll be moved into the reality where the allies didn't win WW2 :o ;D

That one freaked me out too! I *always* heard "and the lamb shall lie down with the lion", and I *never* heard "and the lamb shall lie down with the wolf". They even mentioned the lamb and the lion in pop culture (I cut out a cool photo showing that in real life), which might have been a soothing explanation for the seeming mistake if you, as well as scores of other people, weren't absolutely sure about it. The Bible MEs really upset a lot of Christians on YouTube!

I know what you mean about the "Sliders" version of World War II. When I discover that George Washington is now George Worthington, I will check in to a nice lunatic asylum. I can deal with Chic-fil-A becoming Chick-fil-A. I'll make a reservation for a padded cell when I see one or more new heads on Mount Rushmore like I see the new member (the Army guy) in the Village People.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I almost wish that I was riding that sucker with Slim. This Bizarro World I'm in gets depressing.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »
That one freaked me out too! I *always* heard "and the lamb shall lie down with the lion", and I *never* heard "and the lamb shall lie down with the wolf". They even mentioned the lamb and the lion in pop culture (I cut out a cool photo showing that in real life), which might have been a soothing explanation for the seeming mistake if you, as well as scores of other people, weren't absolutely sure about it. The Bible MEs really upset a lot of Christians on YouTube!

I know what you mean about the "Sliders" version of World War II. When I discover that George Washington is now George Worthington, I will check in to a nice lunatic asylum. I can deal with Chic-fil-A becoming Chick-fil-A. I'll make a reservation for a padded cell when I see one or more new heads on Mount Rushmore like I see the new member (the Army guy) in the Village People.

Wolf would make more sense, I guess, in that I'm guessing more lambs are taken by wolves than lions; even back in the day in which both were more prevalent.

This crazy times. This guy Beto (far richer than Cruz) and a white guy of Irish extraction but running with a Mexican nickname apologizing for being white, male, etc is pitiful. Admitting his "privledge" - but, somehow, voters, even Democrat voters, are told that they need to vote for the rich, white guy!

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Wolf would make more sense, I guess, in that I'm guessing more lambs are taken by wolves than lions; even back in the day in which both were more prevalent.

This crazy times. This guy Beto (far richer than Cruz) and a white guy of Irish extraction but running with a Mexican nickname apologizing for being white, male, etc is pitiful. Admitting his "privledge" - but, somehow, voters, even Democrat voters, are told that they need to vote for the rich, white guy!

"Wolf" does make sense. Wolves often attack and/or threaten flocks of sheep, and there are even cartoons and movies that feature or include that theme. Then, we have wolves in sheep's clothing. It's just that many devout Bible-reading Christians recall "lion" instead of "wolf".

Yeah, it does seem like Bizarro World more and more each day. Beto clearly is a manufactured politician whose embarrassing past was ignored (on purpose) by mainstream news outlets during his Senate run. He has Democrat privilege. It's just a matter of time before the news wolves convince the naive sheep that Beto is really a Black Jewish gay woman.

pissinthewind

• Nursery Resident
  • KMST
  • the uk weather man
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »
Most of us know about the ME. For example, it turns out that "it's a beautiful day in *this* (not "the") neighborhood" and "life *was* (not "is") like a box of chocolates". There are tons of examples that may or may not be tricks of our collective memories. Those are collective examples, but do you have personal examples?

My cousin had a graduation dinner and party when I was in grade school, and I absolutely recall many things that were done and said in minute detail. For instance, I recall a game of touch football, and I recall the names of my cousin's friends who I met for the first time. Well, my cousin, as well as my uncle, claim that none of this ever happened!  :o I guess that I *am* in a parallel universe, so this craziness finally makes sense.
   am in a  parallel universe to it all seems odd to me

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »
"Wolf" does make sense. Wolves often attack and/or threaten flocks of sheep, and there are even cartoons and movies that feature or include that theme. Then, we have wolves in sheep's clothing. It's just that many devout Bible-reading Christians recall "lion" instead of "wolf".

Yeah, it does seem like Bizarro World more and more each day. Beto clearly is a manufactured politician whose embarrassing past was ignored (on purpose) by mainstream news outlets during his Senate run. He has Democrat privilege. It's just a matter of time before the news wolves convince the naive sheep that Beto is really a Black Jewish gay woman.

Crazy times. And, lest I sound like a Norry, it seems to be accelerating into weirdness. I mean not just a few years ago even the most strident abortionist would at least claim things like "legal but hopefully rare" and such and now we have people advocating post-birth abortion and vying to see who can more extreme on late term abortions. Likewise we have systems that prize politically-correctness and quotas over actual job description. Frankly If my house is burning up I could care less if the fireman is a women, a lesbian, black, white, homo, a Joo, or whatever--- but would want the firefighter have the ability to fight fights, carry hoses, carry people, perform cpr, etc. But priorities now for key jobs are based on non job specific factors. It is nuts. We want ATCs, cops, firefighters, doctors, or anyone hired based on quotas or such and not ability to perform or having the proper education?  People seriously value trendy political correctness and inclusiveness over actual, legitimate safety? 

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »

I know what you mean. Maybe those Mayans were on to something, because it really went left after 2012.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Crazy times. And, lest I sound like a Norry, it seems to be accelerating into weirdness. I mean not just a few years ago even the most strident abortionist would at least claim things like "legal but hopefully rare" and such and now we have people advocating post-birth abortion and vying to see who can more extreme on late term abortions. Likewise we have systems that prize politically-correctness and quotas over actual job description. Frankly If my house is burning up I could care less if the fireman is a women, a lesbian, black, white, homo, a Joo, or whatever--- but would want the firefighter have the ability to fight fights, carry hoses, carry people, perform cpr, etc. But priorities now for key jobs are based on non job specific factors. It is nuts. We want ATCs, cops, firefighters, doctors, or anyone hired based on quotas or such and not ability to perform or having the proper education?  People seriously value trendy political correctness and inclusiveness over actual, legitimate safety?

They're willing to offer people as human sacrifices to the false gods of victim culture, in a pagan world where blackface is deemed worse than infanticide and racial slurs are deemed worse than mass murders. It's beyond PC at this point. PC goes back to the '80s, and it's relatively minor social impact was lampooned in humor books and sketch programs. What we have now is metastasizing, malignant Marxism that would make Mao say WTF.

Not much surprises me in this contemporary Bizarro World, but I was numbed and shocked by the New York Assembly's reactions to the abortion law. They reacted as if they won the lottery. There was no circumspection, and there was no solemnity. It was like a rally of cheering, clapping demons celebrating infanticide. 

I'm with you on the intersectional psychosis. Character and competence should be the primary qualities in all endeavors. Diversity should be secondary. An undercover sting that exposed weak female firefighters, filmed by a strong female firefighter, shows that my first sentence is right, and I hate to be right in this crazy world!

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 09:13:20 PM »
Last night w 2 friends I saw the bio-pic (inspired by a nonfiction book) Stan & Ollie, which said the Robin Hood script Laurel was working on for Laurel & Hardy was never produced, but 2 of the 3 of us were sure we'd seen that movie (the other having no opinion).  I recalled specifically one of the lines the bio-pic had Laurel write, the other of us remembered costumes & a sight gag.  So far we haven't found evidence on the Internet in our reality to back up the existence of such a film.