Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283884 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1815 on: March 27, 2023, 10:43:01 AM »
20 May 98

Paul W Dixon was a guest. One of the callers asked him about his Nobel prize nomination in physics after professor Dixon said that he was not formally educated in physics...

I immediately thought a typical nut bag like George Noory would get. No, he was a real professor at a university...

https://www.dodomortuary.com/obituary/4046753
I've googled several show guests over the years and more often than not they are who they say they are at whatever institute/organization they say they're from.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1816 on: March 27, 2023, 02:09:58 PM »
I've googled several show guests over the years and more often than not they are who they say they are at whatever institute/organization they say they're from.

Ramona did a much better job of screening out the weirdos though. If you equated it to batting average, it's Ted Williams versus Austin Hedges when comparing Art Bell with George Noory
Eh, nevermind...

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #1817 on: March 27, 2023, 03:40:06 PM »
Ramona did a much better job of screening out the weirdos though. If you equated it to batting average, it's Ted Williams versus Austin Hedges when comparing Art Bell with George Noory

Lunatics where occasionally fun with Art. He interviewed William pierce, random weirdos, Madman markam, etc.

If Noory did those interviews they’d be snooze fest.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1818 on: March 29, 2023, 09:37:01 PM »
Interesting insight during his March 27th, 2001 show with a guy named Matthew Stein. He said that his mother was quite driven and always doing projects. She actually had the family build a concrete pool off of a creek. Now he said that the water was extremely cold, but she was a go-getter, a doer. George sNoory's mother was, in comparison, a fat ass lazy mother fucker and taught her son 'well."
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1819 on: April 01, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »
Listening to a classic AB open lines show from late 99, think it was from December as Y2K was the main topic and callers were wishing Art a Merry Christmas. Anyways, I found myself audibly cussing out some of the Canadian callers. Actually the majority of them as they would say "up here in Canada" Everybody knows it's UP! All of them were saying it! Like they were reminding themselves of their geographical location or something. It was like every single worst Canadian caller got on that night. One of these fuckheads, when asked where he was calling from answered "Alberta, Canada" WE KNOW WHAT FUCKING COUNTRY ALBERTA IS IN! Even the stupidest American knows where Alberta is.. I think.. actually, probably not.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1820 on: April 01, 2023, 01:32:21 PM »
Actually the majority of them as they would say "up here in Canada" Everybody knows it's UP! All of them were saying it! Like they were reminding themselves of their geographical location or something. It was like every single worst Canadian caller got on that night. One of these fuckheads, when asked where he was calling from answered "Alberta, Canada" WE KNOW WHAT FUCKING COUNTRY ALBERTA IS IN! Even the stupidest American knows where Alberta is.. I think.. actually, probably not.

1. Depends where you are - South Dakota is "up there" to me.

2. Little brother syndrome, they do not have the confidence to say Edmonton, Alberta.
They do that a lot in Toronto. It's always "Toronto, Canada"
No confidence.

3. Has anyone asked you what providence you are from?
If not then you have not made it far enough south yet.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1821 on: April 01, 2023, 02:07:44 PM »
1. Depends where you are - South Dakota is "up there" to me.

2. Little brother syndrome, they do not have the confidence to say Edmonton, Alberta.
They do that a lot in Toronto. It's always "Toronto, Canada"
No confidence.

3. Has anyone asked you what providence you are from?
If not then you have not made it far enough south yet.

#2 There was a call from Burlington, but he had to tell Art how far he was from Toronto  ::) Two callers did say "Calgary, Alberta" The guy from Burlington was making donuts while talking to Art. Working in a bakery late at night. Art kept him on way too long. It was infuriating. All in all about 8-9 calls from north o' the border.

#3 Nobody has asked me anything about my origin. I swear, they all sound like me, or I them. In some conversations about how cold the CO wind is I have mentioned BC. They're always surprised. I give them a complimentary 'Eh' or "aboot",  we have a chuckle and get on with our day.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1822 on: April 01, 2023, 02:11:08 PM »
Canadian cartography and geography.  Hhhhmmm.  Due to location, I grew up watching Casey and Finnegan, the Friendly Giant and Howie Meeker and a quarter with Her Majesty on it spent just as well at the corner store as the one with G.W on it, so I might be more well versed than many of my fellow citizens.  This one always stumped me though - WHY?  Some sort of fishing thing I guess but why not just grasp the nettle and take it?  Or is it some sort of form of sadism - Nyah Nyah! We took all your shit but you can have these little gnarled rocks if you want, you Frog bastards.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1823 on: April 01, 2023, 02:18:13 PM »
Canadian cartography and geography.  Hhhhmmm.  Due to location, I grew up watching Casey and Finnegan, the Friendly Giant and Howie Meeker and a quarter with Her Majesty on it spent just as well at the corner store as the one with G.W on it, so I might be more well versed than many of my fellow citizens.  This one always stumped me though - WHY?  Some sort of fishing thing I guess but why not just grasp the nettle and take it?  Or is it some sort of form of sadism - Nyah Nyah! We took all your shit but you can have these little gnarled rocks if you want, you Frog bastards.

Too busy fighting with Greenland over Hans Island to notice they forgot to add those 2 to the contract.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1824 on: April 01, 2023, 02:22:04 PM »
The guy from Burlington was making donuts while talking to Art.

Burlington is one city where they need to specify since I grew up watching WCAX-TV from Burlington, Vermont.
Even when I read it in your thread I first wondered why he would use Toronto as a reference.
Burlington, Ontario is Scab Burlington.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #1825 on: April 02, 2023, 03:56:02 AM »
You people up there in Canada sure have a tude problem. Take my advice, lighten up, eh?

You could take a ride in a balloon and go. up up and away, eh? But you might get light headed, up there.

Well, if you have any free time, could one of you Canadians, up there, maybe in Toronto, Cananda, come down here and help open up this damn package of crackers.

Imma a old geezer and just getting up outta bed is a chore some times.

Up the Republic!

Whatever that means.

Eh?

:o
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #1826 on: April 16, 2023, 11:21:01 AM »
Radio Legend Art Bell Buried in his Pahrump, Nevada

Jeff and Sarah recently visited Pahrump, Nevada for a weekend and not only enjoyed time with family but checked out the haunts of radio legend Art Bell.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1827 on: April 16, 2023, 11:39:51 AM »
Radio Legend Art Bell Buried in his Pahrump, Nevada

Jeff and Sarah recently visited Pahrump, Nevada for a weekend and not only enjoyed time with family but checked out the haunts of radio legend Art Bell.

There are quite a few of videos like this one out there, but I never get sick of them. Really cool.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1828 on: April 16, 2023, 11:48:12 AM »
There are quite a few of videos like this one out there, but I never get sick of them. Really cool.

Have any of the videos featured the Heather Wade Memorial Porch of Perpetual Complicated Grief?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1829 on: April 16, 2023, 12:10:20 PM »
Have any of the videos featured the Heather Wade Memorial Porch of Perpetual Complicated Grief?

It's complicated