Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283892 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2190 on: January 22, 2024, 08:32:46 AM »
A question that has been nagging me for the last two minutes.

What was the Art Bell episode on Phobos 2 as mentioned here?

https://drmsh.com/faux-mystery-phobos-2/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Some background, but only the first 6 minutes are relevant.

Now this is going to drive me nuts.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2191 on: February 13, 2024, 07:51:33 AM »
I listened to an interesting old C2C show a couple nights ago.  Not sure of the original air date, but Bell was explaining the new fangled WWW to listeners. As part of that discussion, he told them he now had an "internet mail address" where he could be contacted in addition to his fax.  He read out the email address as "A R T B E L L at A O L point C O M."  He got some really funny listener questions about computers and the internet, including one from an old gal who apparently thought "computer" meant one of those massive IBM systems with punch card readers/sorters and mag tape reels like they always to show in TV cop shows.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2192 on: February 13, 2024, 08:16:07 AM »
I heard one recently in which Art was discussing his upgrade to Win95 and his need to install 4meg memory. Or was it 8?
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2193 on: February 13, 2024, 10:13:55 AM »
I listened to an interesting old C2C show a couple nights ago.  Not sure of the original air date, but Bell was explaining the new fangled WWW to listeners. As part of that discussion, he told them he now had an "internet mail address" where he could be contacted in addition to his fax.  He read out the email address as "A R T B E L L at A O L point C O M."  He got some really funny listener questions about computers and the internet, including one from an old gal who apparently thought "computer" meant one of those massive IBM systems with punch card readers/sorters and mag tape reels like they always to show in TV cop shows.

I heard one recently in which Art was discussing his upgrade to Win95 and his need to install 4meg memory. Or was it 8?

Those mid 90s shows were so great, and comical now when we listen back. Art spelling out the website oh-so slowly for people to write down, I guess? I go on 95 binges from time to time and I remember both the shows you two are referring to.

Listening to MITD right now from 11/17/15 with Kevin Randle on UFOlogy. Art is somewhat irritated and curious about a sort of bump sound that can clearly be heard. The guest says he's sitting still and not bumping the mic or desk, so they just carry on.  What Art isn't thinking about is that Kevin is breathing in the mic when he isn't talking and it's coming across as a Plosive that sounds sort of like a bang of sorts. This is why I will always prefer the good ol' telephone interviews over skype ETC.

You didn't normally need a pop-filter/windscreen for the damn phone!  ::)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2194 on: February 15, 2024, 08:54:05 PM »
Those mid 90s shows were so great, and comical now when we listen back. Art spelling out the website oh-so slowly for people to write down, I guess? I go on 95 binges from time to time and I remember both the shows you two are referring to.

Listening to MITD right now from 11/17/15 with Kevin Randle on UFOlogy. Art is somewhat irritated and curious about a sort of bump sound that can clearly be heard. The guest says he's sitting still and not bumping the mic or desk, so they just carry on.  What Art isn't thinking about is that Kevin is breathing in the mic when he isn't talking and it's coming across as a Plosive that sounds sort of like a bang of sorts...

Maybe someone was outside shooting at the house.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2195 on: February 15, 2024, 11:39:41 PM »
Maybe someone was outside shooting at the house.

If Art were alive today, maybe it would have been somebody shooting up outside the house
🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
Where is the Art Bell thread?
« Reply #2196 on: February 25, 2024, 04:00:13 AM »
Now that you're all here..
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: As long as I been on social media, running my YouTube channels and groups about Art Bell or Heather Wade I have been told that Art was a Horrible Person. A terrible father, a pedo, Liar scam artist, telling fake stories. A terrible human being. I was told the same about Heather, she's a crackhead, a bad Host, blah blah. she looks like a horse. it seems the community has become somewhat hateful over the years, this started after bellgab had a saying on the internet. With threads like George Noory sucks and the hate from Michael Vandeven, and Michael Vara, a gross individual who hated and backstabbed Heather Wade. Keith Rowland, gross sick man. it seems all these people always project and attack people who liked Art Bell with stupid things like "He was  A terrible Father" or "He loved young girls" none of this is true, why did this happen or am I the only one to see this? Discuss.
I'M ALPHA AF

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2197 on: February 25, 2024, 05:32:29 AM »
What's your opinion on hoe Heather could be so white if she is the daughter of a Chinese laundryman and an Amerind biker princess.
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #2198 on: February 25, 2024, 05:57:18 AM »
What's your opinion on hoe Heather?

I second that request. Tell us about hoe Heather. Hourly rate, list of services etc.

Spill it, you drunken fuckweasel.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2199 on: February 25, 2024, 07:12:08 AM »
I hate spell check, auto correct, etc.  I corrected that hoe  three times and it refused to cooperate.  We all know the e is incorrect.
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #2200 on: February 25, 2024, 07:15:56 AM »
I hate spell check, auto correct, etc.  I corrected that hoe  three times and it refused to cooperate.  We all know the e is incorrect.

It seemed quite appropriate to me.

I've switched auto-correct off on my phone recently. I made a real blunder a few weeks ago and had to apologise to someone.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #2201 on: February 25, 2024, 07:27:56 AM »
How do we know this is Miller and not señor Meeeler ? 

If this is the actual Miller, I won’t bother asking you about Heather, as she’s been used up already. 

How do you feel about any Philandering man who would abandon his own children? 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Where is the Art Bell thread?
« Reply #2202 on: February 25, 2024, 08:18:40 AM »
Now that you're all here..
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: As long as I been on social media, running my YouTube channels and groups about Art Bell or Heather Wade I have been told that Art was a Horrible Person. A terrible father, a pedo, Liar scam artist, telling fake stories. A terrible human being. I was told the same about Heather, she's a crackhead, a bad Host, blah blah. she looks like a horse. it seems the community has become somewhat hateful over the years, this started after bellgab had a saying on the internet. With threads like George Noory sucks and the hate from Michael Vandeven, and Michael Vara, a gross individual who hated and backstabbed Heather Wade. Keith Rowland, gross sick man. it seems all these people always project and attack people who liked Art Bell with stupid things like "He was  A terrible Father" or "He loved young girls" none of this is true, why did this happen or am I the only one to see this? Discuss.
Like I am obligated in any way to clarify where I stand on this.  ::)

But I will. I am a HUGE Art Bell show nerd. I don't say any of those things about him, and as far a Heather goes, I just don't care either way. Doesn't concern me. Back to Art - I do believe there is ample proof out there to suggest that he wasn't exactly father of the year to the kids whom he sired pre-Ramona, but that applies to many so-called fathers out there. The pedo stuff and other crap is just that IMO. Crap.

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #2203 on: February 25, 2024, 09:52:34 PM »
Wtf is an Art Bell time capsule. This place has changed. Just full of trolls now Bart. Lates
I'M ALPHA AF

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2204 on: February 26, 2024, 01:29:57 PM »
Wtf is an Art Bell time capsule. This place has changed. Just full of trolls now Bart. Lates