Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847106 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #10140 on: March 29, 2024, 12:18:21 AM »
how pathetic and sad, Noory made a major announcement before Cheryll Jones's segment:

'REMEMBER, WE HAVE A NEW RULE, IF YOU'VE CALLED IN WITH A QUESTION FOR THE FIRST GUEST YOU CAN CALL IN AGAIN FOR THE SECOND GUEST. SO IF YOU TALKED TO DR. SKY YOU'RE WELCOME TO CALL IN WITH A QUESTION FOR CHERYLL AS WELL.'

translation: George and Tommy have run Coast into the ground and listeners and callers are in serious decline.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10141 on: March 29, 2024, 01:28:36 AM »
is Cornelius sick again? one of the callers for Dr. Sky got on the air and said 'Cornelius, we're praying for you.'
Thats just because a couple months ago he told about his problems in not cleaning his feet.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10142 on: March 29, 2024, 01:51:29 AM »
Tonight the regular caller called in again who is a bible thumper and always promotes his book on the rapture.
Cornelius called in a few weeks ago and referenced that guy saying Noory should tell him to stop pushing his book every time he calls in!

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10143 on: March 29, 2024, 01:58:11 AM »
And Cornelius himself made it on near the end of the show!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #10144 on: March 29, 2024, 07:45:47 AM »
And Cornelius himself made it on near the end of the show!

Aww... what a shame.  the most self-aggrandizing sad pack member is still eating his beans and bullets...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10145 on: March 29, 2024, 07:47:46 AM »
how pathetic and sad, Noory made a major announcement before Cheryll Jones's segment:

'REMEMBER, WE HAVE A NEW RULE, IF YOU'VE CALLED IN WITH A QUESTION FOR THE FIRST GUEST YOU CAN CALL IN AGAIN FOR THE SECOND GUEST. SO IF YOU TALKED TO DR. SKY YOU'RE WELCOME TO CALL IN WITH A QUESTION FOR CHERYLL AS WELL.'

translation: George and Tommy have run Coast into the ground and listeners and callers are in serious decline.

for 600 stations, programming directors should be concerned that the same four or five people can get in so often.

Eh, nevermind...

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #10146 on: March 29, 2024, 11:09:22 PM »
for 600 stations, programming directors should be concerned that the same four or five people can get in so often.

I swear on LOCAL radio if I hear the same person I kinda go, eeeek this is a bad sign for the stations reach. But a damn national show! How is this a thing? You would think there would be busy signals how are you so desperate you getting the same person calling in a four hour span? Didn't Art have a once a week rule?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10147 on: March 29, 2024, 11:15:04 PM »
I swear on LOCAL radio if I hear the same person I kinda go, eeeek this is a bad sign for the stations reach. But a damn national show! How is this a thing? You would think there would be busy signals how are you so desperate you getting the same person calling in a four hour span? Didn't Art have a once a week rule?

That gently rings a bell...  Maybe wayyyyy long ago. Maybe in the CBC days. @KSM probably knows best.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10148 on: March 29, 2024, 11:39:57 PM »
Didn't Art have a once a week rule?
Or once a month. Art had lots of good rules including no on air readings for callers from guests who were pychics, mediums, astrologers, etc.
But Noory eliminated all of Art's rules when he took over.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #10149 on: March 30, 2024, 07:22:25 AM »
That gently rings a bell...  Maybe wayyyyy long ago. Maybe in the CBC days. @KSM probably knows best.
Recently heard an old show from 98 where i guy called in saying "Hi Art, I called you on Monday about the...." This was on a Friday night open lines show. I am quite sure he was fine with someone calling more than once in the span of a week. Fritz called at least once a week for a while, and he wasn't the only one. Pretty sure it was always only one call per show. That's it.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10150 on: March 30, 2024, 04:48:53 PM »
Walt the skeptic hasn't called in for a while. Noory gravely announces that he has passed away. Later in the show Doc from who knows where claims to have just listened to Walt on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis. Maybe he gave up on C2C, Doc says. Noory sharp as a tack retorts - No one ever gives up on C2C!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10151 on: March 30, 2024, 05:40:36 PM »
Walt the skeptic hasn't called in for a while. Noory gravely announces that he has passed away. Later in the show Doc from who knows where claims to have just listened to Walt on Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis. Maybe he gave up on C2C, Doc says. Noory sharp as a tack retorts - No one ever gives up on C2C!

This reminds me, did he ever confirm that JC supposedly had died?
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10152 on: March 31, 2024, 02:50:30 AM »
Yesterday Clyde Lewis' show was an old replay not a new live show so that Walt callin was probably from a year or more back.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10153 on: April 01, 2024, 11:39:12 PM »
Norry was just selected as Radio Host Of The Year according to Radio online. 

Happy (Belated) April Fool's Day!

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10154 on: April 02, 2024, 12:31:35 AM »
Norry was just selected as Radio Host Of The Year according to Radio online. 

Happy (Belated) April Fool's Day!
Thats a much better April Fools gag then the lame ones Noory used to do years ago.