Author Topic: Christmas 2019  (Read 29212 times)

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
Re: Christmas 2019
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 07:38:30 PM »
We aren’t decorating for Christmas this year. Hubby is going to the Middle East for a week or so next weekend so the timing is shite for getting a good tree, plus I am working over the festive period and also Ringo is sufficiently far gone mentally now that having a real tree will be too confusing/change of routine for him to handle.

I am kinda relieved to be honest. It’s a lot of faffing about isn’t it?
I like decorating the house. It brings back memories of when my mom and dad did it and as a single father raising a son and daughter I understand why. It doesn't have to be over done. Just a little here and there to enjoy this time of year. I don't bang the religious drum as some being pro or con do. I think of it as a nice way to enjoy it with family and friends and to let them know I'm thinking of them as another year comes to a close. I enjoy the music, sights and sounds, the visits, the message of goodwill and peace no matter what ones background. That's what it brings to my home and me at this time of year.
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
I like decorating the house. It brings back memories of when my mom and dad did it and as a single father raising a son and daughter I understand why. It doesn't have to be over done. Just a little here and there to enjoy this time of year. I don't bang the religious drum as some being pro or con do. I think of it as a nice way to enjoy it with family and friends and to let them know I'm thinking of them as another year comes to a close. I enjoy the music, sights and sounds, the visits, the message of goodwill and peace no matter what ones background. That's what it brings to my home and me at this time of year.
Well said!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
Took my two dudes for a late lunch today after work to the most Christmassy pub around. I can not think of a more perfect picture than this. God bless us, Everyone!

Androids take a much better picture than any apple product ever will.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 06:29:05 PM »
Took my two dudes for a late lunch today after work to the most Christmassy pub around. I can not think of a more perfect picture than this. God bless us, Everyone!

Androids take a much better picture than any apple product ever.

Very nice.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
Last night ABC had Charlie Brown Christmas. That is still the perfect Christmas special

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
Last night ABC had Charlie Brown Christmas. That is still the perfect Christmas special

Drat. I was recording football. Kind of early. Hopefully they will show it again.  Every year I record
Charlie Brown Christmas,  Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Karloff version) and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Tradition
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2019, 05:17:10 PM »
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2019, 05:17:52 PM »
Drat. I was recording football. Kind of early. Hopefully they will show it again.  Every year I record
Charlie Brown Christmas,  Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Karloff version) and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Tradition

So did all of the previous recordings wear out?
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2019, 06:32:11 PM »
So did all of the previous recordings wear out?

On my DVR. Then erase them. I'm not a hoarder. But since I am now officially a cat lady, I'm sure that's just around the corner

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »
Here's a cute little short commercial from a restaurant chain in Pittsburgh.  I happened to work there 31 years ago.  This commercial is a classic for Yinzers like myself.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2019, 03:17:57 PM »
I try to be in the "Christmas mood" but I'm surrounded by miserable people who make the simplest things so difficult that it borders on lunacy.   >:(  Honestly, I'm quite sick of it.  None of this should be stressful.  Putting garland up should not piss someone off.  *sigh*  :-\  And I'm tired of being a pack mule and errand boy.  Tired of being volunteered to do something for someone else all the time.  No damn appreciation whatsoever. NONE!  December 26th can't come soon enough.  :(

Sorry.  I had to get it off my chest.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »
I try to be in the "Christmas mood" but I'm surrounded by miserable people who make the simplest things so difficult that it borders on lunacy.   >:(  Honestly, I'm quite sick of it.  None of this should be stressful.  Putting garland up should not piss someone off.  *sigh*  :-\  And I'm tired of being a pack mule and errand boy.  Tired of being volunteered to do something for someone else all the time.  No damn appreciation whatsoever. NONE!  December 26th can't come soon enough.  :(

Sorry.  I had to get it off my chest.
Holy crap, bud. I think I might actually be angry for you! fuck, that sucks. i don't want to overstep but can you just say "NO, stop volunteering me for...…"? ETC  I don't know your situation but I do wish ya a merry one for what it's worth.  Fuckin, people sometimes ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
Holy crap, bud. I think I might actually be angry for you! fuck, that sucks. i don't want to overstep but can you just say "NO, stop volunteering me for...…"? ETC  I don't know your situation but I do wish ya a merry one for what it's worth.  Fuckin, people sometimes ::)

I appreciate it man.  I'm just frustrated and I knew this would happen.  It does most of the time.  It's getting to me more so than usual.  I've gone through the whole "Hey!, Ask me first before for you tell them...blah blah blah"  Then if I don't do it, later on it'll come back as me not having the time or not willing to help, being selfish, etc..  ::)

Again...I'm just frustrated and venting.  Cheers my man!  8)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »
A swift slap brings everyone back down to earth.
Slapping works on men, too.
It humbles them.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
A swift slap brings everyone back down to earth.
Slapping works on men, too.
It humbles them.
YES! I remember when you gave me that genital cuff while we were hot tubbing in Whistler. 'don't get so uppity" you said.  Ahh good times