Author Topic: Christmas 2019  (Read 29251 times)

JayGab

• KNYE
Re: Christmas 2019
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »
That snow looks like it is going to stick around for 5 months.
I could not deal with that anymore.
Um @Bart Ell he lives in there. He didn't pay the heat bill and now the woods have evicted him.  ::)
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »

What's all that white stuff? Beach sand?
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
That snow looks like it is going to stick around for 5 months.
I could not deal with that anymore.
Four months. Thanks to Art and Whitley's climate change we're down to four months. The fifth month (April) is what I call the ugly month where the thaw happens. With May, "like somebody threw a switch" everything seems to beautify immediately. I love my four months of snow but that's enough. #WhiteChristmas

What's all that white stuff? Beach sand?
Yes. I have a buddy from California send it up. I just rent a bunch of really tall ladders and drive around the countyside sprinkling it over the tree tops.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2019, 11:08:59 AM »

Yes. I have a buddy from California send it up. I just rent a bunch of really tall ladders and drive around the countyside sprinkling it over the tree tops.

Yes. That's what I thought. Like Johnny Appleseed. Johnny Snowballs

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »
Yes. That's what I thought. Like Johnny Appleseed. Johnny Snowballs
::) Not you best work ::)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
Drat. I was recording football. Kind of early. Hopefully they will show it again.  Every year I record
Charlie Brown Christmas,  Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Karloff version) and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Tradition

It does start early, I feel that way too. But I would miss a lot of the Christmas specials the last couple of years because I didn't really start focusing until 2 weeks or so before (like today) and would notice a lot of specials were already shown for the year, especially the classics I like

BTW these Hallmark Christmas movies that being spewed out nowadays are awful. lol

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2019, 04:31:34 AM »
Goodness, I'm sorry to hear it. Hopefully venting will ease the frustration some.

@anniem  Venting did help a little but I felt some slight regret posting about it though.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2019, 04:32:18 AM »
That sucks! Flick ‘em on the nose!

@PolkaDot  Ha!  More than a flick.  LOL!  ;)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2019, 04:33:45 AM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2019, 04:36:43 AM »
It does start early, I feel that way too. But I would miss a lot of the Christmas specials the last couple of years because I didn't really start focusing until 2 weeks or so before (like today) and would notice a lot of specials were already shown for the year, especially the classics I like

BTW these Hallmark Christmas movies that being spewed out nowadays are awful. lol

@Zetaspeak  Oh jeez.  Those Hallmark movies truly are awful.  I have some family members and friends that binge watch those things for hours and you can smell the depression in the room.  LOL!   It seems they are so melodramatic and cheesy.  I tried to watch a couple.  Ugh.  No can do.

It's classics for me all they way. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2019, 04:54:46 AM »
*Venting again.  Pardon me.  ;)

Well.  Yesterday I had a blow up with some of the family.  I couldn't take the bickering and incessant bitching about the "stress" of Christmas during what should be a happy, festive time.  The irony is that for months everyone couldn't wait until this holiday was here.  Couldn't wait to decorate and celebrate the holiday season.  I seriously lost it.  I think I went a little overboard.  It felt like I was drowning in sound.  ShayP can get really pissed off and be the angriest, loudest person in the room.  I don't regret what I said but I wish it didn't come to that.  It was therapeutic in a sense actually.

Also, I refuse to have anything to do with a few of my family members during this Christmas.  Everyone has a breaking point.  I'm tired of their shit.  HOWEVER...I will enjoy the holiday as I always try to do.   :)

Funny thing is right before I walked out the door, the looks on their faces was priceless.  I really wish I took a picture.  Oh and the dead silence was music to my ears. ;D

Hopefully Santa doesn't leave a lump of coal in my stocking.  :o ;D

Cheers everyone!  :D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2019, 05:40:43 AM »
@anniem  Venting did help a little but I felt some slight regret posting about it though.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Looked to me as if people wish you well, that's nice. I doubt there is someone here who hasn't experienced holiday family frustration, if not year round family frustration!  :)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2019, 05:47:42 AM »
Oh, sorry to hear that. Looked to me as if people wish you well, that's nice. I doubt there is someone here who hasn't experienced holiday family frustration, if not year round family frustration!  :)

Think again

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2019, 05:58:32 AM »

@anniem  I just don't want to be labeled here as a complainer.  LOL!  ;)  Yeah, frustration within the family is natural.  Sometimes it just becomes too much.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
Think again

Which? The well wishing part or the family frustration part?