Author Topic: Christmas 2019  (Read 29217 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Christmas 2019
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
*Venting again.  Pardon me.  ;)

Well.  Yesterday I had a blow up with some of the family.  I couldn't take the bickering and incessant bitching about the "stress" of Christmas during what should be a happy, festive time.  The irony is that for months everyone couldn't wait until this holiday was here.  Couldn't wait to decorate and celebrate the holiday season.  I seriously lost it.  I think I went a little overboard.  It felt like I was drowning in sound.  ShayP can get really pissed off and be the angriest, loudest person in the room.  I don't regret what I said but I wish it didn't come to that.  It was therapeutic in a sense actually.

Also, I refuse to have anything to do with a few of my family members during this Christmas.  Everyone has a breaking point.  I'm tired of their shit.  HOWEVER...I will enjoy the holiday as I always try to do.   :)

Funny thing is right before I walked out the door, the looks on their faces was priceless.  I really wish I took a picture.  Oh and the dead silence was music to my ears. ;D

Hopefully Santa doesn't leave a lump of coal in my stocking.  :o ;D

Cheers everyone!  :D

Maybe you woke them up, and if they think about things perhaps they would find a way to enjoy the holidays. No coal needed!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2019, 09:23:47 AM »
;D And made it back to town for happy hour. #taxi

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

@Christmas Farm Penis  What do we have here? Carpaccio with a nice crusty bread?  Prosciutto on the pizza with arugula?  Looks like a craft beer on the table.  ::) ;)  And who garnishes a dish with raw Brussels sprout leaves?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »
Maybe you woke them up, and if they think about things perhaps they would find a way to enjoy the holidays. No coal needed!

@anniem  Thanks!  No coal. ;D  Not sure if I woke anyone up.  Only my Mom ever saw me go off like that before.  She didn't approve but she also knew she could do nothing to stop me.  LOL!  I'm sure she'll pass on whatever is said once they all start chatting on the phone.  Looking forward to the gossip about my attitude. ::)  I was the youngest person in the room for goodness sake.  I'm 48!  So it especially seemed silly that I scolded elders.  :-\  That's why I feel kinda bad.  Although my cousins are just a couple years older than me.  They can kiss it.  ;) ;D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
@Christmas Farm Penis  What do we have here? Carpaccio with a nice crusty bread?  Prosciutto on the pizza with arugula?  Looks like a craft beer on the table.  ::) ;)  And who garnishes a dish with raw Brussels sprout leaves?
You're right. A carpaccio, however we tossed the bread. The pizza crust was already bread ;D The sprouts were smoked - they were delicious and the chef made them work. A craft beer you say :o True dat! @ShayP

*Venting again.  Pardon me.  ;)

Well.  Yesterday I had a blow up with some of the family.  I couldn't take the bickering and incessant bitching about the "stress" of Christmas during what should be a happy, festive time.  The irony is that for months everyone couldn't wait until this holiday was here.  Couldn't wait to decorate and celebrate the holiday season.  I seriously lost it.  I think I went a little overboard.  It felt like I was drowning in sound.  ShayP can get really pissed off and be the angriest, loudest person in the room.  I don't regret what I said but I wish it didn't come to that.  It was therapeutic in a sense actually.

Also, I refuse to have anything to do with a few of my family members during this Christmas.  Everyone has a breaking point.  I'm tired of their shit.  HOWEVER...I will enjoy the holiday as I always try to do.   :)

Funny thing is right before I walked out the door, the looks on their faces was priceless.  I really wish I took a picture.  Oh and the dead silence was music to my ears. ;D

Hopefully Santa doesn't leave a lump of coal in my stocking.  :o ;D

Cheers everyone!  :D
Hell yeah. Drew a line in the Christmas sand! Sometimes they're all in need of,   correction..   You don't have to go as far as this guy. Just sayin 8)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
You're right. A carpaccio, however we tossed the bread. The pizza crust was already bread ;D The sprouts were smoked - they were delicious and the chef made them work. A craft beer you say :o True dat! @ShayP
Hell yeah. Drew a line in the Christmas sand! Sometimes they're all in need of,   correction..   You don't have to go as far as this guy. Just sayin 8)

@Christmas Farm Penis  You have good taste.  was I correct in Prosciutto on the pizza?  Smoked sprouts though with the Carpaccio?  Weak.  Meh, every Chef has their shtick. Anyway, If it tastes good that's all that matters.  I'm just jealous I couldn't partake.  Oh...and the video.  That dude was a lot calmer than me.  I let my bellowing voice echo throughout the house.  And they all.were.corrected.  :D

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
@Christmas Farm Penis  You have good taste.  was I correct in Prosciutto on the pizza?  Smoked sprouts though with the Carpaccio?  Weak.  Meh, every Chef has their shtick. Anyway, If it tastes good that's all that matters.  I'm just jealous I couldn't partake.  Oh...and the video.  That dude was a lot calmer than me.  I let my bellowing voice echo throughout the house.  And they all.were.corrected.  :D

He found a nice quiet exercise program to relieve the family stress. Calmed his nerves quite a bit. Made family get togethers quieter too
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »
Yeah you were right about the pizza. Freshshshshshhhh  shaved prosciutto.

chefs are always fucking around acting as if they're reinventing the wheel. There is one guy in town who garnishes Everything with peashoots!!   He's great but Fuck Sakes with the repetitive garnish.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »
Nice day at Vail.  The trees were decked out in all of their glory today.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[attachment[/attachment]
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »

Lovely

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »
Which? The well wishing part or the family frustration part?

Yes

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2019, 02:26:04 PM »

Beautiful.  The trees don't seem real to me.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:53 PM »
chefs are always fucking around acting as if they're reinventing the wheel. There is one guy in town who garnishes Everything with peashoots!!   He's great but Fuck Sakes with the repetitive garnish.

@Christmas Farm Penis   I guess peashoots are the new kale.  Before that it was parsley.  LOL!  I remember my first cooking gig 30+ years ago. I'd get chewed out if I didn't put a sprig of parsley on a dish.  Garnishes are so unnecessary.  My opinion of course.

By the way...to stay on a Christmas theme...are you ready for the holiday?

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »
Got a call from my youngest Son.  His wife succumbed to cancer.  Just a few weeks ago, his dad (my ex) passed away from a heart attack.
Two deaths in my family within a month. 
The Season is particularly bleak this year.  Forgive me for not being in the "holiday spirit."

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
Got a call from my youngest Son.  His wife succumbed to cancer.  Just a few weeks ago, his dad (my ex) passed away from a heart attack.
The Season is particularly bleak this year.  Forgive me for not being in the "holiday spirit."

So sorry to hear this. So difficult! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »

@StarrMountain   I'm sincerely sorry to see that.  It sucks.  I can't say anymore than that without being preachy.  Plain and simple...it sucks.  I just wish and hope for you the best through all this.