Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820948 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1995 on: April 10, 2021, 01:39:01 AM »
It would've been better if he said "Nice take" or "Good take" afterward.  ;)

George hasn't mentioned Paul the Octopus since

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #1996 on: April 10, 2021, 01:54:40 AM »
Strange, I've never heard of anybody getting leukemia that late in life. That's kind of out of left field.

Some people embrace their impending death. Some don't.

My grandmother got it in her 80s.  The doctor who diagnosed it said she would have one year left and, after lots of blood transfusions, she died one year later.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1997 on: April 10, 2021, 02:53:56 PM »
My grandmother got it in her 80s.  The doctor who diagnosed it said she would have one year left and, after lots of blood transfusions, she died one year later.
Sorry to hear.  One of my relatives had a similar end, not leukemia though.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1998 on: April 13, 2021, 11:37:56 PM »
George said they're going to talk a walk in the paranormal sty.  Guess it's messy in there, lol.  Sounds like his mind is on KP duty; 'bout time someone put him to work.  The king has to clean; juicy.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1999 on: April 17, 2021, 06:19:19 AM »

lol Ian Punnett's disdain for the Sad Pack of regular callers is a beautiful thing. Barry and Cornelius got through in the first hour of open phones, when Ian came back for the second hour he had a message for the regular callers waiting on hold 'I know getting on the show every night is a big part of your life but let's keep it to first time callers tonight. Gina take care of that.'

George's celebrity buddy Billy Gibbons was Ian's guest for the first hour, good interview because Ian is musically literate. I was very surprised Ian wasn't familiar with the psychedelic drug/plant ayahuasca when Gibbons talked about his use of it when he was young. Noory interviewing Gibbons would have been the usual painful childlike garbage.

'Billy how did you get started in music? Did your mother buy you a guitar and you took lessons?'

'What's the most interesting thing that happened to you in your career?'

'Do you know Pat Boone? He's a good friend of the show too.'

'

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2000 on: April 17, 2021, 06:56:08 AM »
lol Ian Punnett's disdain for the Sad Pack of regular callers is a beautiful thing. Barry and Cornelius got through in the first hour of open phones, when Ian came back for the second hour he had a message for the regular callers waiting on hold 'I know getting on the show every night is a big part of your life but let's keep it to first time callers tonight. Gina take care of that.'

Ha! I love it.  ;D  I wouldn't be surprised to hear Cornelius whine to Noory the next time he calls in.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2001 on: April 17, 2021, 07:02:19 AM »
It was refreshing to see that Ian was interviewing Gibbons.  I was surprised actually.  I thought for certain when I saw the schedule that Noory would be doing it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2002 on: April 17, 2021, 08:09:19 AM »
Did Billy mention they cut their chops touring as the Zombies because the Zombies had broken up and there was nobody to tour after the single Time of the Season hit big?

I still find that remarkable.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2003 on: April 17, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »
... I was very surprised Ian wasn't familiar with the psychedelic drug/plant ayahuasca when Gibbons talked about his use of it when he was young...

I'd have been surprised too.  Ian loves to play the naïve religious goody-goody when it suits him.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2004 on: April 17, 2021, 09:28:14 AM »
Ha! I love it.  ;D  I wouldn't be surprised to hear Cornelius whine to Noory the next time he calls in.
Same here.  Ian may as well just come out and tell Jorch’s sad pack of regular stooges to “get a life.” :)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2005 on: April 17, 2021, 09:30:40 AM »

George's celebrity buddy Billy Gibbons was Ian's guest for the first hour, good interview because Ian is musically literate. I was very surprised Ian wasn't familiar with the psychedelic drug/plant ayahuasca when Gibbons talked about his use of it when he was young. Noory interviewing Gibbons would have been the usual painful childlike garbage.

'Billy how did you get started in music? Did your mother buy you a guitar and you took lessons?'

'What's the most interesting thing that happened to you in your career?'

'Do you know Pat Boone? He's a good friend of the show too.'

'
Ha!  “Yew know, Billy.  Music.  I just don’t get it.”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2006 on: April 17, 2021, 03:54:57 PM »
"Have you ever been shocked by your electric guitar?"

"Can you play your electric guitar If there is an electromagnetic pulse that takes down our power grid?"

"Classic!"

"Are there any notes you play that can open a portal?"
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #2007 on: April 23, 2021, 10:14:33 PM »

i enjoy listening to Coast to catch Noory making a fool of himself but each time I tried to tune in this week the guests were so god damn terrible I had to bail out  -  the Numbers Lady, the veterinarian with his nutritional snake oil ........

and I just tuned in to hear the imbecile Connie Lingus stumble and giggle through her stupid George Knapp rip-off intro

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2008 on: April 24, 2021, 06:18:37 AM »
i enjoy listening to Coast to catch Noory making a fool of himself but each time I tried to tune in this week the guests were so god damn terrible I had to bail out  -  the Numbers Lady, the veterinarian with his nutritional snake oil ........

and I just tuned in to hear the imbecile Connie Lingus stumble and giggle through her stupid George Knapp rip-off intro

Likewise.  I looked at the schedule and just didn't bother to tune in.  I did hear some of last night's show with Connie Willis.  It was purely by accident.  I fell asleep with the radio on hours before the show aired.  I did awaken to her referencing the movie, Planet of the Apes.  She was talking about the character in the movie named Cornelius.  She also professed her love for Charlton Heston.  Then she said Cornelius was one of the great characters in Planet of the Apes and everybody loved Cornelius.  Then this..."Well Cornelius is on the line.  Not really one of the Planet of the Ape characters but he's on line four."  With her incessant giggling in between, it made it seem more uncomfortable.

There was another reference with Cornelius (the caller) and apes.  I can't recall exactly since I was in a little bit of a haze, but I think it was Corny saying he was called an ape when he was a kid by the other kids while they were joking around.  My eyes opened as wide as they could as I thought 'What the hell?'  That's when I turned the radio off.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #2009 on: April 24, 2021, 07:17:47 AM »
Goof to Goof AM with Giggles Willis.  ::)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎