Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820796 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
DOCTORS DOSE BY WEIGHT (and age), REGARDLESS OF HEIGHT.  I guess Wallach won't tell George this.  Wallach might just say whatever won't ruffle feathers.  The Hippocratic Oath should include not asking embarrassing questions under the guise of medical necessity.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2018, 01:14:12 PM »
Cheers!  You and me both.

I'm also tired of his repetition.  For instance, I listened a couple days ago and he repeated the same audio clip seven times in the first 45 minutes of the show.  How many friggin times does one have to hear it?  Plus I'm sick of him talking about his past and present ailments.  Quite frankly...he's a big pussy.   I still want to find out the truth regarding an incident here in Richmond that he bitched about incessantly.  His show was cut short at an establishment here and he cried foul.  Rumor has it that he was the problem.  If I find out for sure I'll post it.  I posted in the old BellGab thread because I planned on going.  I couldn't but wish I did.
Are you talking about the "I am God!" show?  I heard the first hour, then shut it off.  First off, I call "trash."  The most obvious explanation is it was just some prankster breaking into a call.  I didn't get "I am God!" out of that ball of confusion recording, anyway.  The best I could make out was "help me!"  I decided I'd be better off listening to an old John David Oates show and deciphering one of his reverse calls.  ::)

Clyde made a big stink about getting kicked out of that bar in Richmond.  Let us know if you hear some local details.  Overall, I've become disappointed in Lewis.  A hell of a lot of potential as a radio show host, though.  Great voice, sharp, an interesting breadth of knowledge, if sometimes far-out, but, Jorch-on-a-stick, he let's his emotions get the best of him.  He's damn fine when he has an interesting guest but most of the time he's going solo.  Damn, PremRat, being a good radio show host shouldn't be rocket science.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2018, 02:52:42 PM »
I think George gets into basically shaming the callers who are not height-weight proportionate.  When an obese woman called in (with a hormone disorder which causes obesity), George just couldn't get enough of publically re-broadcasting the woman's weight range.  Her weight was not imaginably proportionate, even for a 6'5" man, so I think he asked how tall she was just to humiliate her.  Knowing the overweight was due to a hormone problem.

Quit body shaming curvacious women! 

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »
Are you talking about the "I am God!" show?  I heard the first hour, then shut it off.  First off, I call "trash."  The most obvious explanation is it was just some prankster breaking into a call.  I didn't get "I am God!" out of that ball of confusion recording, anyway.  The best I could make out was "help me!"  I decided I'd be better off listening to an old John David Oates show and deciphering one of his reverse calls.  ::)

Clyde made a big stink about getting kicked out of that bar in Richmond.  Let us know if you hear some local details.  Overall, I've become disappointed in Lewis.  A hell of a lot of potential as a radio show host, though.  Great voice, sharp, an interesting breadth of knowledge, if sometimes far-out, but, Jorch-on-a-stick, he let's his emotions get the best of him.  He's damn fine when he has an interesting guest but most of the time he's going solo.  Damn, PremRat, being a good radio show host shouldn't be rocket science.

You know PremRat is in bankruptcy and that may extend to intellectual host analysis choices.  Once bankrupt, always bankrupt.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

YES!  That's the show.  A shit-show at that.  ;)

I promise I will share anything I can vet that isn't pure hearsay.   :D  All I have is hearsay now.  Once I have time, I'll talk to the right people.  I will say that Clyde's story doesn't add up from what I've heard.

Lewis goes off the rails too much.  It's almost like he's having a breakdown at times.  And like Noory, he has his stable of regular callers that just kiss his ass.  It's quite pathetic actually.

*** Plus when he came to Richmond he said he'd be at the Gwar Bar.  That's it.  Never mentioned going to other spots around town, which he did.  Buddy's Place (where he was thrown out) isn't the best place for his forum.  None of his story fits.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
Quit body shaming curvacious women!

I love curvaceous women.  Heck...I dig chicks in general.   :D

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
I, too, have tired of Clyde Lewis and his quasi-intellectual monologues (rants?). When he started having "Doc" Wallet on his show I lost a lot of respect for him. Must be a Premrat thing to have that phony on. Clyde likes to throw out lofty sounding terms that I don't think he really understands e.g. "retrocausal". I think I'm done with him.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
I, too, have tired of Clyde Lewis and his quasi-intellectual monologues (rants?). When he started having "Doc" Wallet on his show I lost a lot of respect for him. Must be a Premrat thing to have that phony on. Clyde likes to throw out lofty sounding terms that I don't think he really understands e.g. "retrocausal". I think I'm done with him.

I had a very lengthy twitter argument with him during a Doc Wallet show about the doc being a vet and not a medical doctor.  Not sure he ever checked the links I sent him because he kept arguing that he was in fact an MD. An ND does not an MD make.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »

Let's just go with rants.  ;)   I'm just about done with him too.   :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2018, 03:39:26 PM »

I had a very lengthy twitter argument with him during a Doc Wallet show about the doc being a vet and not a medical doctor.  Not sure he ever checked the links I sent him because he kept arguing that he was in fact an MD. An ND does not an MD make.

I wish I was on Twitter to see that.  Of course he wouldn't recognize facts.  He'd have a hissy fit if you proved him wrong....which you did.  How dare you.  LOL!

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »
I love curvaceous women.  Heck...I dig chicks in general.   :D

I think we do a disservice to some who don't fit within certain parameters. It's pure laziness, in my opinion, not to include muscle mass in an overall body mass index to get a better picture of an individual's health Instead, doc's favor the generalized cookie cutter height-weight distribution charts. As a result, women especially, seem to focus on calorie restriction at the expense of exercise, particularly weight bearing exercises, that could help reduce bone fractures and osteoporosis as they age. Take it for what its worth, I'm no doctor. My experience has been in the military, where someone like me, with broad shoulders, deep chest, and thick arms was overweight by the charts, but in fine shape once the body-fat measurement were taken. There is more than one body type...and that should taken into account!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
I think we do a disservice to some who don't fit within certain parameters. It's pure laziness, in my opinion, not to include muscle mass in an overall body mass index to get a better picture of an individual's health Instead, doc's favor the generalized cookie cutter height-weight distribution charts. As a result, women especially, seem to focus on calorie restriction at the expense of exercise, particularly weight bearing exercises, that could help reduce bone fractures and osteoporosis as they age. Take it for what its worth, I'm no doctor. My experience has been in the military, where someone like me, with broad shoulders, deep chest, and thick arms was overweight by the charts, but in fine shape once the body-fat measurement were taken. There is more than one body type...and that should taken into account!

Agreed!  Great points.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2018, 05:15:22 PM »

"Wallach is not a physician, but an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audiences know that naturopaths aren't really physicians and that there is a big difference between an M.D. and an N.D."
http://skepdic.com/wallach.html

Clyde's pretty hard-headed.  When he gets into an argument on-air with a caller, he rarely backs down, regardless of the facts.

Clyde's obviously sold out to Wallach and his Youngeivty scam, although I doubt PremRat gave him any choice.  Toe the infomercial line or look for another job.  With PremRat, Noorys are a dime a dozen.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
"Wallach is not a physician, but an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audiences know that naturopaths aren't really physicians and that there is a big difference between an M.D. and an N.D."
http://skepdic.com/wallach.html

Clyde's pretty hard-headed.  When he gets into an argument on-air with a caller, he rarely backs down, regardless of the facts.

Clyde's obviously sold out to Wallach and his Youngeivty scam, although I doubt PremRat gave him any choice.  Toe the infomercial line or look for another job.  With PremRat, Noorys are a dime a dozen.

Doc Wallet: "he collects obituaries of local physicians as he takes his mineral show from town to town. "

No wonder he gets along with Norry who always finds some story about a death, mean babies, food poisoning, etc to lead with and says that "he had the opportunity" to drive by the house where Jon Benet-Ramsey was murdered and "ponder the crime."

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »
Doc Wallet: "he collects obituaries of local physicians as he takes his mineral show from town to town. "

No wonder he gets along with Norry who always finds some story about a death, mean babies, food poisoning, etc to lead with and says that "he had the opportunity" to drive by the house where Jon Benet-Ramsey was murdered and "ponder the crime."
Plus, Noory could give a damn about what guest shows up, unless the guest doesn't smooch his butt.   I'm surprised PremRat hasn't crammed more Doc Wallet-type infomercials into C2C. 
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎