Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820735 times)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:36 AM »
I didn't know that!  How nice.  Nothing beats your avatar!  One of my best cats looked just like you!

Well,  I'll tell you what it is.  It is an odd duck:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So that's an odd duck.  Here are a couple even ducks:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL, I always did love the odd ducks among us.  Maybe 'cause I'm one myself.  Love the even ducks as well!

Thank you on behalf of my avatar.  His real-life inspiration is quietly snoring next to me. ;)

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2018, 01:15:01 AM »
Just kidding, Paw!  It is a Mandarin duck from East Asia that has sharp claws and likes to perch in trees.  From what I gather on Google!

Such exquisite coloring!  I would perch in a tree, too, if I were so attractive.  I'd be afraid someone would want to pluck my feathers.   :P

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2018, 01:55:21 AM »
Such exquisite coloring!  I would perch in a tree, too, if I were so attractive.  I'd be afraid someone would want to pluck my feathers.   :P
There is feather insurance  ;).  Comes with free replacements, lol.  But a good roll in the mud saves a lot on premiums!  Give your baby a hug for me!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2018, 01:59:41 AM »
I popped back in and George is closing out with a long Morgus recording...How can they even call it LIVE?!  I don't understand how he benefits, other than an extra potty break.  Because after these end-of-show recordings, he comes back on for the closing statements, where he thanks staff members and tells everyone to be safe.  Sounds pretty live on that part.  Am I mistaken?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #499 on: September 04, 2018, 03:35:23 AM »
I popped back in and George is closing out with a long Morgus recording...How can they even call it LIVE?!  I don't understand how he benefits, other than an extra potty break.  Because after these end-of-show recordings, he comes back on for the closing statements, where he thanks staff members and tells everyone to be safe.  Sounds pretty live on that part.  Am I mistaken?

I've heard what seemed to be prerecorded questions before that were spliced in to the audio feed realtime (probably by the studio engineer) after the guests completed the question, almost like the entire show is more or less on autopilot and the only time Noory has to step in is if the guest goes astray or when he takes calls. (remember how he hates open lines?)

In the hour or so before the show he probably prerecords the questions already prepared on index cards, and quite possibly the intro and outro segments. So 80% of most shows he's slouched back on his seat half asleep.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #500 on: September 04, 2018, 03:41:01 AM »
... be a pro.

It's only a matter of time before The Snorge is inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #501 on: September 04, 2018, 03:45:17 AM »
There is feather insurance  ;).  Comes with free replacements, lol.  But a good roll in the mud saves a lot on premiums!  Give your baby a hug for me!

I surely will, 14!  He does love his hugs.  :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #502 on: September 04, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »
Woke up early to hear Noory play the same old Morgus bit where he punches him.  However that is no way near as annoying as the old ladies beating that guy up at an intersection.  THAT is horrible and staged.  These bits are just lazy.  Play some Art Bell bits George! Still waiting for those shows to be released.  Tick tock tick tock.  You said you'd work on it.   ::)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #503 on: September 04, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
It's only a matter of time before The Snorge is inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame
How do you feel about that?  I mean, he's pretty good overall and does an exceptional job showing up.  Considering his supplemental enterprises, which Premiere probably considers free advertising, he's probably working more than it looks like.  And owns less than it looks like, as it's probably all tax deductible and leased, lol!  Can you imagine a luxury SUV as a tax deductible expense, geez!  I wonder if he played "Working 9 to 5" for himself on Labor Day, ha ha.  And the song refers to Bossman.  We all know who that is, tee hee, his ex-lady...

Username

• Filthy Animal
  • KNYE
  • under pale Moonlight
    • End of Days
« Reply #504 on: September 04, 2018, 01:31:18 PM »
How do you feel about that?  I mean, he's pretty good overall and does an exceptional job showing up.  Considering his supplemental enterprises, which Premiere probably considers free advertising, he's probably working more than it looks like.  And owns less than it looks like, as it's probably all tax deductible and leased, lol!  Can you imagine a luxury SUV as a tax deductible expense, geez!  I wonder if he played "Working 9 to 5" for himself on Labor Day, ha ha.  And the song refers to Bossman.  We all know who that is, tee hee, his ex-lady...

Is George Noory a legendary broadcaster ....im not quite sure how I feel about that exactly or if that is a deserving title.  there is no doubt that he is an excellent broadcast here in my opinion I don't think he is terrible I've heard plenty of others who are far worse.

there are hundreds of others out there who sound like they need to be playing behind a video game and doing commentary over it then there are those who sound like stroke victims.

Nory, is far removed from thoss archetypes, he does show up on time he does do his job he does what he's asked for and he doesn't complain, as far as I know who knows what political games are played behind the scenes.

I would say is he a legendary broadcaster, because he's done it for so long or is it because he's somehow this skilled broadcaster? I respect Noory however, I cannot deny this nor can I say he stinks.
Live every Saturday night 8pm pst - 11 pm est

Bookwormy

• KNYE
Who, me?  I'm just a worm.

Username

• Filthy Animal
  • KNYE
  • under pale Moonlight
    • End of Days
« Reply #506 on: September 04, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
Live every Saturday night 8pm pst - 11 pm est

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #507 on: September 04, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »

The sendamonster will have puppies....

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #508 on: September 04, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »
Is George Noory a legendary broadcaster ....im not quite sure how I feel about that exactly or if that is a deserving title.  there is no doubt that he is an excellent broadcast here in my opinion I don't think he is terrible I've heard plenty of others who are far worse.

there are hundreds of others out there who sound like they need to be playing behind a video game and doing commentary over it then there are those who sound like stroke victims.

Nory, is far removed from thoss archetypes, he does show up on time he does do his job he does what he's asked for and he doesn't complain, as far as I know who knows what political games are played behind the scenes.

I would say is he a legendary broadcaster, because he's done it for so long or is it because he's somehow this skilled broadcaster? I respect Noory however, I cannot deny this nor can I say he stinks.

Well,  it was Art himself who said: "Gorge gets it" When George came aboard. He gave George his blessings and Premiere was happy as punch with their new boy. And eventually newbies discovering C2C for the first time thought George was the cat's meow. But none of that matters now. George tours, George sings, George signs autographs, George is loved the world over. Everybody loves George and the whole world loves George.....

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #509 on: September 04, 2018, 03:05:02 PM »

Yup, and the President will award him with the medal of honor. (He is a Navy vet afterall)