Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 234824 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #1395 on: April 22, 2021, 07:16:27 PM »
EllGab walk NE.
Another day of high winds. I had to adjust my sails plans.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Now Annie has me seeing two clouds shaking hands down below.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1396 on: April 22, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »

These two Calendulas were the first flowers to re-appear here in the EllGab Garden West.  This was about a month ago and they are in a mixed flower pot where assorted flowers come up as the summer progresses.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #1397 on: April 23, 2021, 05:42:40 AM »

These two Calendulas were the first flowers to re-appear here in the EllGab Garden West.  This was about a month ago and they are in a mixed flower pot where assorted flowers come up as the summer progresses.

rejuvenation  :)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1398 on: April 23, 2021, 05:44:42 AM »
Is deer friend on the wall gazing down at you?
@anniem
Taxidermy is the art of preserving an animal's body via mounting or stuffing, for the purpose of display or study.
My cousin Nick was a taxidermist. He passed over a few years ago. His wife gave me one of his mounts in remembrance of Nick. I accepted this remembrance. I had some mixed feeling about my new friend. I looked up the pioneers of taxidermy. I have come to the conclusion that taxidermy is a form of art work.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1399 on: April 23, 2021, 11:42:05 AM »
@anniem
Taxidermy is the art of preserving an animal's body via mounting or stuffing, for the purpose of display or study.
My cousin Nick was a taxidermist. He passed over a few years ago. His wife gave me one of his mounts in remembrance of Nick. I accepted this remembrance. I had some mixed feeling about my new friend. I looked up the pioneers of taxidermy. I have come to the conclusion that taxidermy is a form of art work.

My friend was looking for some sort of taxidermy animal for her boyfriend. I recall him having a stuff armadillo and she wanted to get him something else. She found a man in town who was a taxidermist and we went to his house. It was incredible, he had a huge bear in his living room, a mountain lion, birds, just everything. It was like a museum. He had some stuff boiling in the back yard, that was not on the "best ever smell" list and I can't imagine the neighbors were overly happy, but it sure was educational and unusual. No cell phones with cameras back then, sad to say.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1400 on: April 23, 2021, 12:28:43 PM »

Some visitors looking down at my EllGab garden.  Only I can't tell if they are coming or going.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1401 on: April 23, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »

Some visitors looking down at my EllGab garden.  Only I can't tell if they are coming or going.

It moves!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1402 on: April 23, 2021, 04:43:02 PM »
My friend was looking for some sort of taxidermy animal for her boyfriend. I recall him having a stuff armadillo and she wanted to get him something else. She found a man in town who was a taxidermist and we went to his house. It was incredible, he had a huge bear in his living room, a mountain lion, birds, just everything. It was like a museum. He had some stuff boiling in the back yard, that was not on the "best ever smell" list and I can't imagine the neighbors were overly happy, but it sure was educational and unusual. No cell phones with cameras back then, sad to say.

Yep! Nick's garage was full of "Lions, Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!."

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1403 on: April 23, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »

I believe in magic air planes.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1404 on: April 23, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »
I believe in magic air planes.

Was out cooking dinner on the grill a bit ago and had an Osprey fly by.  Didn't get a pix which sucks as they are rather magical.  Have no idea what it is doing in this neck of the woods. They should be down on the coast with the Marines at Camp Lejune and Cherry Point. We'll get Army choppers from the National Guard and out of Fort Bragg pretty frequently but I've never seen one of these babies around here before. Maybe some Marine General needed to catch a flight out of RDU in a hurry. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1405 on: April 23, 2021, 06:16:37 PM »
Was out cooking dinner on the grill a bit ago and had an Osprey fly by.  Didn't get a pix which sucks as they are rather magical.  Have no idea what it is doing in this neck of the woods. They should be down on the coast with the Marines at Camp Lejune and Cherry Point. We'll get Army choppers from the National Guard and out of Fort Bragg pretty frequently but I've never seen one of these babies around here before. Maybe some Marine General needed to catch a flight out of RDU in a hurry. 

@Uncle Duke   Saw an Osprey today.  FYI.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1406 on: April 24, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »
It moves!

Yes.  I took a number of pictures as the plane went over.  When I put them in the computer one of them was moving.  I've no idea what I did to make that happen.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1407 on: April 24, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »

EllGab Garden Neighborhood Walk.  I came across a nice mustard plant during the walk.

Also this borage plant.  I used to grow borage.  Those blue flower petals are edible.  They have a nice cucumber taste.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #1408 on: April 24, 2021, 02:08:22 PM »
Yes.  I took a number of pictures as the plane went over.  When I put them in the computer one of them was moving.  I've no idea what I did to make that happen.
Harry Potter pictures!  “Wonderful” feature on iPhones.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1409 on: April 25, 2021, 01:24:13 PM »

This very old Star Magnolia plant comes back every year, though less hardy each time due to advanced age.

It has sat in the back corner of the lot for a good 40 plus years, I would say.