Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 234820 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #1950 on: September 26, 2021, 01:42:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've had very good luck with this flowering plant.  It has blossomed for a full month now.  I believe it is called a Sutera plant.  It normally grows in South Africa.  I didn't plant it, so a bird must have 'dropped' it into my hanging pot.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #1951 on: September 27, 2021, 08:53:04 AM »

I've had very good luck with this flowering plant.  It has blossomed for a full month now.  I believe it is called a Sutera plant.  It normally grows in South Africa.  I didn't plant it, so a bird must have 'dropped' it into my hanging pot.
A bird from South Africa? I starting to believe that you really are Monitor 49 @Rikki Gins . It is a grand flowering plant.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1952 on: September 27, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
Here on the East Coast the temperature is starting to drop. I love FOUNTAIN GRASSES during this time of year.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1953 on: September 27, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
Here on the East Coast the temperature is starting to drop. I love FOUNTAIN GRASSES during this time of year.

Wow, I like those, @FISH.  I don't think we have those here on the west coast.  We have Pampas Grass, big shrubby plants that tower over humans and monitors.  In fact there is one growing down the ally,  I'll try to get a picture of it.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1954 on: October 02, 2021, 07:19:51 AM »
Wow, I like those, @FISH.  I don't think we have those here on the west coast.  We have Pampas Grass, big shrubby plants that tower over humans and monitors.  In fact there is one growing down the ally,  I'll try to get a picture of it.
We call these beautiful grasses FOUNTAIN GRASS. Photo taken in Little Egg Harbor @anniem  ;)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1955 on: October 02, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »
We call these beautiful grasses FOUNTAIN GRASS. Photo taken in Little Egg Harbor @anniem  ;)

It reminds me of summers at the shore. Did you have a good trip, @FISH?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1956 on: October 03, 2021, 06:06:58 AM »
It reminds me of summers at the shore. Did you have a good trip, @FISH?
Yes a good trip. It was a working vacation. I was removing RUST from the outside metal like furniture. The salty air is brutal on anything with metal like parts. Even cars suffer with the salt air. After working, we would enjoy a good lunch. That salty air makes you hungry.  We would take a  boat ride to look at the sunset before our late night dinners.
Thanks for asking @anniem:)
PS/ 3 days away from the MSM is good for the soul.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1957 on: October 03, 2021, 06:09:01 AM »
Yo @Rikki Gins what kind of bug is this? This little creature tried to crawl up my leg.  :o

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1958 on: October 03, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »
Yo @Rikki Gins what kind of bug is this? This little creature tried to crawl up my leg.  :o

Hi @FISH.  That critter usually lives in Vietnam but has also taken up residence in your state for the past seven years or so.  It is the spotted lanternfly.  A pest that is harmful to trees, I'm sorry to announce.  Here is a pretty good link that describes them.
https://alltheabovetreeservice.com/2018/11/05/how-to-find-identify-the-spotted-lanternfly/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1959 on: October 03, 2021, 07:44:16 PM »
Yes a good trip. It was a working vacation. I was removing RUST from the outside metal like furniture. The salty air is brutal on anything with metal like parts. Even cars suffer with the salt air. After working, we would enjoy a good lunch. That salty air makes you hungry.  We would take a  boat ride to look at the sunset before our late night dinners.
Thanks for asking @anniem:)
PS/ 3 days away from the MSM is good for the soul.

Glad to hear it was a good trip, @FISH
Yes, MSM sucks.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1960 on: October 04, 2021, 07:38:05 AM »
Hi @FISH.  That critter usually lives in Vietnam but has also taken up residence in your state for the past seven years or so.  It is the spotted lanternfly.  A pest that is harmful to trees, I'm sorry to announce.  Here is a pretty good link that describes them.
https://alltheabovetreeservice.com/2018/11/05/how-to-find-identify-the-spotted-lanternfly/
OH NO---no natural predators in their new environment, :'(

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1961 on: October 04, 2021, 01:07:51 PM »
I spotted some buzzards resting in trees.  They are getting ready to head south for the winter.  @anniem, you might see them in a couple days as they are headed in your direction.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1962 on: October 04, 2021, 01:41:04 PM »
I spotted some buzzards resting in trees.  They are getting ready to head south for the winter.  @anniem, you might see them in a couple days as they are headed in your direction.

Somethings big are zipping around out there. Are these turkey vultures?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #1963 on: October 04, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »
Somethings big are zipping around out there. Are these turkey vultures?

Yes, most likely they are turkey vultures.  When I was a kid, we always called them buzzards and when you look it up, people are still calling them one or the other.  I got one relative close up of one of the buzzards, errr vultures.  It didn't cooperate with me though.  Turned its back to me.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1964 on: October 05, 2021, 07:31:05 AM »
Yes, most likely they are turkey vultures.  When I was a kid, we always called them buzzards and when you look it up, people are still calling them one or the other.  I got one relative close up of one of the buzzards, errr vultures.  It didn't cooperate with me though.  Turned its back to me.

HA! My brother has a home in Jersey. He pointed out a bird to me. At first he called it a BUZZARD. Then he called it a VULTURE. I asked him to make his mind up. With all this chatting I failed to capture a photo of this bird.
Interesting photos @Rikki Gins  :)