Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275247 times)

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 09:32:15 AM »
Landscaping Lesson from Art:
Since the dry days of July have hit I have watered a 15' by 20' area of my yard to keep it green like a yard back east. I have no illusions of changing the desert or a semi-arid region on a bigger scale.

I think of it as the legacy backyard green patch, LOL.

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41:40 PM »
Thanks for abandoning me And Mom, Dad. >:(

layla

• KIDD
  • Coffee drinker
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »
Does anybody have the link to that Art Bell torrent? I've been meaning to download that.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 02:20:37 AM »
Does anybody have the link to that Art Bell torrent? I've been meaning to download that.

Hi Tommee.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 02:22:02 AM »
Since the dry days of July have hit I have watered a 15' by 20' area of my yard to keep it green like a yard back east. I have no illusions of changing the desert or a semi-arid region on a bigger scale.

Need to take your landscape lessons from Aldous.
Are we having fun yet?

cweb

• KIDD
  • Capable of So Much Less
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 04:52:35 AM »
I hear that Google thing works pretty good nowadays.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 05:42:14 AM »
"Why(and how) did the chicken cross the road? The truth is that nobody really cares - they just want to know what side it's on. That chicken is either for you or against you."

~ Art Bell

El Chorro

• KIDD
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2018, 02:18:46 PM »
Unpopular opinion: Art was great, but he got a long way doing that fakey heh-heh thing with his voice to make his comments seem ironic or insightful or brilliant. George does the wow-gosh thing, and the same comments can come off uninspired and ingratiating.

Art Bell is to George Noory as Robert Reed is to Jim Nabors. Not that either was closeted, but they both have their own brand of swish.

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Unpopular opinion: Art was great, but he got a long way doing that fakey heh-heh thing with his voice to make his comments seem ironic or insightful or brilliant. George does the wow-gosh thing, and the same comments can come off uninspired and ingratiating.

Art Bell is to George Noory as Robert Reed is to Jim Nabors. Not that either was closeted, but they both have their own brand of swish.

Well, both regularly wore moustaches......

A moustache can hide a lot of a man’s bad habits......

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »

I don’t take landscape advice from people who live in a trailer compound.  Even if it is his own trailer compound

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »

I don’t take landscape advice from people who live in a trailer compound.  Even if it is his own trailer compound

But they're so knowledgeable about shrubs:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RamonaDark

• KIDD
  • Female Bigfoot
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
Art died with a lot of rage in him, I doubt he has moved on yet. #DirectTV 4k channel 104 is still dark and off color for one thing.

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
Art died with a lot of rage in him, I doubt he has moved on yet. #DirectTV 4k channel 104 is still dark and off color for one thing.

The guy has an antenna farm that rivals MIT’s.  Art should had fixed it himself, and given himself some free home box office at the same time.

RamonaDark

• KIDD
  • Female Bigfoot
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 04:44:37 PM »
Even with all the technological know how in the world Art couldn't stop his daughter's Microsoft 3K surface exploding in her hands, and goddamnit they still owe him a new one. At least it exploded while she was at school so no cats were hurt.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »

Swishy!