Author Topic: Alec Baldwin shooting on Movie Set kills Director of Photography Halyna Hutchins  (Read 2168 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
My instinct from the get go was that Alec was fucking around on the set.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10213389/Rust-script-supervisor-Mamie-Mitchell-call-911-Halyna-Hutchins-shot-files-suit.html

'Alec chose to play Russian Roulette': Rust script supervisor breaks down in tears as she SUES Baldwin over Halyna Hutchins' death because he 'cocked and fired the gun even though the scene didn't call for it'

Mitchell was standing close to the Director of Photography, Halyna Hutchins, when the Bullet from Alec Baldwin's gun fatally shot her

Allred alleged that live ammunition was brought to the set and that the assistant director improperly handed Baldwin the gun

Baldwin knew that the gun should've never been given to him and that he could not rely on the AD about whether or not the gun was safe to use

'Mr. Baldwin chose to play Russian Roulette when he fired a gun without checking it and without having an armorer within his presence,' she said

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
^^

The suit claims assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and deliberate infliction of harm. It also states that the scene being shot did not require a gun to be fired.

The suit names names 22 defendants associated with the film including Baldwin, Rust producers, six production companies - El Dorado Pictures, Thomasville Pictures, Short Porch Pictures, Brittany House Pictures, 3rd Shift Media and Streamline Global - armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, First Assistant Director David Halls and others.

PB

• Ellevated
My instinct from the get go was that Alec was fucking around on the set.

... 'Alec chose to play Russian Roulette': Rust script supervisor breaks down in tears as she SUES Baldwin over Halyna Hutchins' death because he 'cocked and fired the gun even though the scene didn't call for it'...

Why was he even pointing the gun and firing it at the film crew?  Oh right, because she was one of his BFFs.

This guy is a major league asshole, always has been.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
New search warrant details possible source of live bullet in fatal 'Rust' shooting

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/search-warrant-details-source-live-bullet-fatal-rust/story?id=81478157

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
The Reload
Analysis: Alec Baldwin’s Gun Could Have Fired Without Him Pulling the Trigger, But Did It?

Stephen Gutowski
    December 2, 2021

https://thereload.com/analysis-yes-alec-baldwins-gun-could-have-fired-without-him-pulling-the-trigger/

PB

• Ellevated
It's never him

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation

Branca and the circle of lawyers on many Rekieta Law livestreams have gotten pretty deep on this.  Apparently Baldwin should have been arrested as there is no excuse for pointing a gun, etc...  In most incidents, simply pulling a gun is considered assault.

Civilly, yes the gun wrangler will also get into trouble, but the assault is ALL on Baldwin.

Why have they not arrested him?  If they think that it will protect their movie industry business in the state, that is a fallacy.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
Branca and the circle of lawyers on many Rekieta Law livestreams have gotten pretty deep on this.  Apparently Baldwin should have been arrested as there is no excuse for pointing a gun, etc...  In most incidents, simply pulling a gun is considered assault...

It's a movie.  People use prop guns all the time - pointing, shooting, and so on.  Isn't that different from doing it in the real world?  If nothing else, it's expected and consensual.

He and whoever else was negligent in having live ammo anywhere near the property, let alone the set, and not checking to ensure it wasn't loaded. 

I was surprised to learn they used real guns in movies and TV, why on earth wouldn't they at least disable them to ensure they can't be fired period?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
It's a movie.  People use prop guns all the time - pointing, shooting, and so on.  Isn't that different from doing it in the real world?  If nothing else, it's expected and consensual.

He and whoever else was negligent in having live ammo anywhere near the property, let alone the set, and not checking to ensure it wasn't loaded. 

I was surprised to learn they used real guns in movies and TV, why on earth wouldn't they at least disable them to ensure they can't be fired period?

After the Brandon Lee incident, a lot of rules were put in place. As for the law, what I am catching from all these lawyers talking about it is that there is no excuse if there is an incident. There is still a legal responsibility if something is done outside the realm of what is in the context of the movie.

Because of Alec Baldwin's latest public comments, I think a prosecution is more than appropriate. That guy has gone 1000% asshole. No remorse except to get out of liability. Well, he was remorseful initially, he is no longer.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
... Because of Alec Baldwin's latest public comments, I think a prosecution is more than appropriate. That guy has gone 1000% asshole. No remorse except to get out of liability. Well, he was remorseful initially, he is no longer.

Absolutely.  I don't think it was a coincidence that of everyone in Hollywood, it was Alex Baldwin

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
Absolutely.  I don't think it was a coincidence that of everyone in Hollywood, it was Alex Baldwin

Yeah, those anger issues...

I think that whole family is fucked up. Billy Baldwin married Chynna Phillips. She borders on narcissistic and crazy as fuck.
Eh, nevermind...

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
Alec Baldwin’s iPhone Sought By Police In ‘Rust’ Fatal Shooting Probe

https://deadline.com/2021/12/alec-baldwin-shooting-rust-search-warrant-cell-phone-police-halyna-hutchins-1234892657/

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
'Rust' cinematographer's family files wrongful death lawsuit

Attorneys for Halyna Hutchins' family named Alec Baldwin and others in the lawsuit.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
Family of ‘Rust’ cinematographer shot by Alec Baldwin files wrongful-death lawsuit

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2022-02-15/family-of-rust-cinematographer-shot-by-alec-baldwin-sues-for-negligence

The defendants include Rust Movie Productions LLC, Baldwin, 3rd Shift Media, Thomasville Pictures and other individual producers. The suit also names first assistant director David Halls, armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, prop master Sarah Zachry and Seth Kenney of PDQ Arm & Prop.