Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 135939 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #630 on: August 13, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »
@KSM  No, I'm not in a dry county.  The only liquor store within 30 miles of me that handles it is on the shelf is currently out of stock but it is on order.  The Writer's Tears Japanese Mizunara Cask is above my pay grade.  Can't drop $100 on that.  However the Writers' Tears Copper Pot is at $40, and should be a good starting point.  I trust your judgment that the brand is good stuff.

The closest liquor store near me employs a bunch of rude assholes so I won't do business with them anymore.  They said they could order it but acted like it was an absolute inconvenience.  Sighing, eye-rolling, pissed off looking faces, taking their good old sweet time.  I just stood there fuming and said "Don't worry 'bout it" and left.  Fuck 'em.

I'm glad you brought the whiskey up because I forgot about it.  I'll roll up there this weekend.  They actually have Sunday hours which I found surprising.

The copper pot is IMO just as nice as the Japanese cask.  Your price $100. for the Jappy?  I currently pay $147.  We get screwed on whiskey up here.

Paddy! - is also a delightful treat that is weirdly under priced.  Priced like the more common Jamie yet distinctly better!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #631 on: August 14, 2021, 02:40:45 AM »

Paddy! - is also a delightful treat that is weirdly under priced.  Priced like the more common Jamie yet distinctly better!

No. 6  approves.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #632 on: August 14, 2021, 07:37:29 AM »
The copper pot is IMO just as nice as the Japanese cask.  Your price $100. for the Jappy?  I currently pay $147.  We get screwed on whiskey up here.

$147!!! for the Jappy? :o @KSM  I've seen Paddy's before but gave it no consideration.  It costs $20 here so I'm guessing it's about $30 in your neck of the woods.

Writer's Tears is currently in stock now.  :D  The nice guy at the good liquor store called me yesterday and asked if he should hold one for me.  THAT is customer service.  I don't get that from the jagoffs at the store closest to me.   >:(

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #633 on: August 14, 2021, 11:39:00 AM »
$147!!! for the Jappy? :o @KSM  I've seen Paddy's before but gave it no consideration.  It costs $20 here so I'm guessing it's about $30 in your neck of the woods.

Writer's Tears is currently in stock now.  :D  The nice guy at the good liquor store called me yesterday and asked if he should hold one for me.  THAT is customer service.  I don't get that from the jagoffs at the store closest to me.   >:(

Paddy is about $24. here. So you're dismissing Paddy because of price? DON'T TURN YOUR NOSE UP AT IT, DUDE!! But yes by all means git you some copper pot tears. :)  @ShayP

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #634 on: August 14, 2021, 12:00:56 PM »
Paddy is about $24. here. So you're dismissing Paddy because of price? DON'T TURN YOUR NOSE UP AT IT, DUDE!! But yes by all means git you some copper pot tears. :)  @ShayP
Oh, no no no. @KSM  I was just saying that I've seen Paddy's in the aisles but never considered purchasing it.  Based on your recommendation, I will.  I was always a Bushmills or Jameson guy.  I never expanded my horizons.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #635 on: August 14, 2021, 02:04:39 PM »
I never expanded my horizons.

..until now  :D

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #636 on: August 14, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
Oh, no no no. @KSM  I never expanded my horizons.
Excuse me for butting in.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #637 on: August 24, 2021, 08:02:31 PM »
@ShayP , Holder of Cheffly Knowledge, and @Bart Ell , lover of smoked meats, I’m winding up to try out my new toy but feeling overwhelmed with options- any wisdom on smoking pork ribs? I’m usually a dry rub girl but everyone else wants me to sauce them up! I’m truly tempted to just S&P and give them a long slow smoke for my very first go, but my husband made a face - a why would you do that face.  :-\ I require inspiration- help! Should I give in to the sauce nazi?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #638 on: August 24, 2021, 08:10:24 PM »
@ShayP , Holder of Cheffly Knowledge, and @Bart Ell , lover of smoked meats, I’m winding up to try out my new toy but feeling overwhelmed with options- any wisdom on smoking pork ribs? I’m usually a dry rub girl but everyone else wants me to sauce them up! I’m truly tempted to just S&P and give them a long slow smoke for my very first go, but my husband made a face - a why would you do that face.  :-\ I require inspiration- help! Should I give in to the sauce nazi?

Dry rub is the way to go. My favorite method is to sear them over a rather high heat, wrap them in foil until tender and then baste them in sauce and open grill them until the sauce sets up a bit
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #639 on: August 24, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »
Dry rub is the way to go. My favorite method is to sear them over a rather high heat, wrap them in foil until tender and then baste them in sauce and open grill them until the sauce sets up a bit
I want to use my electric smoker- no open grill. You make an actual sauce or just do apple cider vinegar or the like? @GravitySucks
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #640 on: August 24, 2021, 08:25:28 PM »
I want to use my electric smoker- no open grill. You make an actual sauce or just do apple cider vinegar or the like? @GravitySucks

I’ve never used an electric smoker but whenever I have used a smoker I never put sauce on it until near the end. Otherwise the smoke flavor can’t penetrate the meat as well. I’ve gotten lazy in my old age. I use Sweet Baby Ray’s or Newman’s own sauce with a little extra black pepper and sometimes cayenne.
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #641 on: August 25, 2021, 04:32:06 AM »

You start with a dry rub and sauce it when it is done.
Like the sex.
Dry hump and then the juicy stuff.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #642 on: August 25, 2021, 04:44:53 AM »
You start with a dry rub and sauce it when it is done.
Like the sex.
Dry hump and then the juicy stuff.

^^^^ This.

When done, serve them in a white bedpan.  This gives them that...How to describe it?   Je ne sais quoi.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #643 on: August 25, 2021, 05:35:26 AM »
@PolkaDot  I must apologize.  I've been lacking any creative thought or focus lately.  The fellas here gave some good advice.  I'm putting the onus on them.  ;D  I personally have never used an electric smoker before.  By the way, what kind of wood chips will you be using? 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #644 on: August 25, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »
Does anyone still have copper wire landline service?

Nobody at AT&T seems to have a clue what I am asking for.
Eh, nevermind...