Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12144955 times)

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #72735 on: January 08, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
Ira's post about it on FB

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #72736 on: January 08, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
Godzilla and other monster films are considered a separate genre, called Kaiju Tokusatsu, because they combines both horror and sci-fi. Granted the horror element is different then say, Ringu but there are parts of the films that can be scary.  I remember the first time I saw Godzilla vs Hedorah, and Hedorah flew over people spraying them with , the people melted and turned into skeletons...pretty scary for a 1970s film especially to an 8-yr old.
"Kaiju Tokusatsu" I had to look these words up.  (怪獣, kaijÅ«, literally "mysterious beast").  Huge acid spraying beasts would be scary to most 8 year olds. Thanks for explanation. As for Ringu (1998) the Japanese film, really scared me.  I was home alone as I watched Ringu. It was just so creepy.  At times I had to stop watching Ringu and pull myself together and go back in.  "Audition" (1999) Japanese film falls into what genre? I do enjoy Asian "scary" movies.

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #72737 on: January 08, 2019, 03:41:23 PM »
She told a lot of very out there stories and has no credibility.....Bar fights aren't classified as domestic abuse

I think that gives insight to just how damaged she was though. That's like saying you got a drug possession charge just for going through a red light. She can't even come up with a suitable lie to tell us and his rap sheet of offenses against her (or other women) are unignorable.
Noory was the real legacy...

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #72738 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
She told a lot of very out there stories and has no credibility.....Bar fights aren't classified as domestic abuse

Unless he hit his wife in the bar...WHAT?!

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #72739 on: January 08, 2019, 03:47:40 PM »
"Kaiju Tokusatsu" I had to look these words up.  (怪獣, kaijÅ«, literally "mysterious beast").  Huge acid spraying beasts would be scary to most 8 year olds. Thanks for explanation. As for Ringu (1998) the Japanese film, really scared me.  I was home alone as I watched Ringu. It was just so creepy.  At times I had to stop watching Ringu and pull myself together and go back in.  "Audition" (1999) Japanese film falls into what genre? I do enjoy Asian "scary" movies.

Wow, it's great to talk to someone  who understands/enjoys the Asian Cinema. Oh Yes, Ringu scared the crap out of me and I was 33. I don't like most American horror because it is all "shock-based blood and gore"  I prefer the more psychological horror films.  It would be nice if someone could do a proper Lovecraftian film series

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #72740 on: January 08, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »
Maybe this has all been a conspiracy between @KRowland and Heather to take down the LNMbeciles once and for all.

Nah. Just karma.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #72741 on: January 08, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »

They can be if one is beating his wife (or other family member) at the bar.  ;)

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #72742 on: January 08, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Ira's post about it on FB

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you for the post.

Why is it that people that like to use the word "truth" never seem to have any?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #72743 on: January 08, 2019, 03:50:53 PM »
Wow, it's great to talk to someone  who understands/enjoys the Asian Cinema. Oh Yes, Ringu scared the crap out of me and I was 33. I don't like most American horror because it is all "shock-based blood and gore"  I prefer the more psychological horror films.  It would be nice if someone could do a proper Lovecraftian film series

Japanese have the gore stuff, way worse than ours, for people into that but I like the psychological or spiritual type of horror better also.  Or, if "slasher" it still focuses on the former aspect, not on the actual killing. The torture stuff and the extreme stuff they do in Japan? No thanks. I seem to recall Charlie Sheen called the FBI because he saw some Japanese movie and thought it was a real snuff film.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #72744 on: January 08, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
Noroi The Curse is a great film. Japanese horror can be terrifying

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #72745 on: January 08, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »
American horror movies are not true "horror".  I have tried to watch "Bird Box" (2018), two times so far.  I fell asleep both times and I was not even sleepy.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #72746 on: January 08, 2019, 04:01:19 PM »
American horror movies are not true "horror".  I have tried to watch "Bird Box" (2018), two times so far.  I fell asleep both times and I was not even sleepy.
My favorite American horror film of last year was Hereditary....... The novel birdbox was pretty damn good though

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #72747 on: January 08, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »
Japanese have the gore stuff, way worse than ours, for people into that but I like the psychological or spiritual type of horror better also.  Or, if "slasher" it still focuses on the former aspect, not on the actual killing. The torture stuff and the extreme stuff they do in Japan? No thanks. I seem to recall Charlie Sheen called the FBI because he saw some Japanese movie and thought it was a real snuff film.

Oh, true. Anything by Takashi Miike will definitely be filled with over the top gore.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #72748 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »
Noroi The Curse is a great film. Japanese horror can be terrifying
I have not seen that film. Thanks for the suggestion. The only time I lock my front door is when I am watching a Japanese horror film. Like a locked door is going to help me.

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #72749 on: January 08, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
Ju-on: The Grudge is another good J-horror film.