Author Topic: Should the Pope resign?  (Read 9160 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Should the Pope resign?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
WTF?  :o :o :o

Well, at least you became a Cubs fan.  You aren't in this photo are you?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nah. But he's in this one!

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
I'll kick it off. I think he should, no question. Pope Francis is a Jesuit from South America, and they are well known for being far-left and even communistic activists. He is taking the Church down a dangerous and destructive path. His covering up of  sex scandals in the Church is reprehensible.

Francis might be a Jesuit, but he is far from a leftist.  Research his role during the Dirty War in Argentina, and his vocal support of invading the Falklands. 

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 11:29:36 AM »
Francis might be a Jesuit, but he is far from a leftist.  Research his role during the Dirty War in Argentina, and his vocal support of invading the Falklands.

Then he differs from his fellow Jevvies; but those in the Catholic clergy are not supposed to be involved in political matters. But the Jesuits are notorious for doing it anyway, no matter which side they take.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Hank

• KMST
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
My former monastery:  glastonburyabbey.org

Richard Syrett interviewed a former nun from there on his Conspiracy Unlimited podcast. I just listened to that this morning. Wicked stuff.

Adam Baum

• KNYE
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »
Richard Syrett interviewed a former nun from there on his Conspiracy Unlimited podcast. I just listened to that this morning. Wicked stuff.

Must be a different place. We had no nuns, darn the luck.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 01:14:21 PM »
Must be a different place. We had no nuns, darn the luck.

I didn't either. :-\

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Adam Baum

• KNYE
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 03:41:36 PM »
I didn't either. :-\

We were visited once by a group of Franciscan nuns, one of which was a stone babe. Those of us who were heterosexual paid much attention to her and lusted in our hearts. I always wondered if she continued that path. Gorgeous girl next door type.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 09:24:37 PM »
The poop?

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 05:29:40 AM »
This Catholic Church scandal is like Jerry Sandusky x1000.

And the people above him either died or resigned.

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 05:47:48 AM »
As the oldest male in my family, I was expected to be a priest.

That's some old school catholic family shit. My parents used to make a lot of jokes about me becoming a priest, like consistently for years. Almost to the point where it was like they wanted me to. Which I have no idea what that was even about as neither of them are exceptionally religious or even go to mass ever, and I was the only male heir they had.

Adam Baum

• KNYE
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 11:24:14 AM »
That's some old school catholic family shit. My parents used to make a lot of jokes about me becoming a priest, like consistently for years. Almost to the point where it was like they wanted me to. Which I have no idea what that was even about as neither of them are exceptionally religious or even go to mass ever, and I was the only male heir they had.

One of my fellow monks' mother had two sons and kept a chalice on a shelf in plain view to make her expectations known. She was old school Portuguese and reckoned that a priest son would be her ticket to Heaven. Lots of pressure on the boys.

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2018, 10:52:59 PM »

True. I've done extensive studies of the earliest days of the Church just to learn how things became the way they are. This problem goes all the way back to the beginnings and has continued ever since. I'm a former Benedictine monk and have some first hand knowledge of what goes on. I also left the Church when I left the religious life, and this was one of the reasons.

My former monastery:  glastonburyabbey.org

My Father talked about that in 1930s regional Priests gathering in Iowa and bringing with them alter boys. They all knew what was "really" going on.
Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »
That was just a joke.

As the oldest male in my family, I was expected to be a priest. I revolted after graduating from Catholic school in the 8th grade. Today I am a recovering Catholic. I choose not be Catholic one day at a time. Most of my family still is. I have the easy time during family reunions. I have one cousin that became a mormon and married a buddhist. She usally draws the biggest firestorm.

All relgions are wacky.. they fill our survial as "tribe" need to believe..

Friendly and protective aliens that won't let us destroy ourselves with Nukes..  or the Trekkies that learn their morals from Star Trek... are those wacky?

Pick your poison..
its in our DNA
"I wanta believe"

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »
I thought the Knights of Columbus was just a front organization for Alcoholics United to Drink More.

Know your joking .. but the Knights of Colimbus do a lot of community beneficial work..

Believes and supports of the same "institutions"  that benifit society are not always mutually exclusive or inclusive.

I just believe in yoko and me...and goof ball :)

Love ALL

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 11:20:28 PM »
It's time for the churches to lose an automatic tax-exempt status.

Have them abide by the law, show their financials and perform community service to get credits.

The Catholic Church in particular should be investigated for RICO Act violations with all the hiding of pedophiles in their organization.

Can't demands for the return of the wanted priests hiding in churches around the world be tied-in to their ability to do business?  In the guitar world, there are companies violating patents overseas who cannot freely do business in the States.  How can the church be allowed to continue?

The politicized DOJ. should be after pedophiles, oh yeah, there'd be a good number of Democrat operatives under investigation too.

Blah blah blah.. our country, democracy and western civilizations are "mostly" based on Judeo-Christian values and morals.. These foundational institutions are being rejected and we are witnessing the return of tribalism naïvety.
Hows that going?