Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 11921871 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #108180 on: July 19, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »
Cheddar?

Emmental.
Bairyn was born there so we honor it with their cheese.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #108181 on: July 19, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Emmental.
Bairyn was born there so we honor it with their cheese.

A Canadian and a Swiss....

Chocolate covered poutine?
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #108182 on: July 19, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
A Canadian and a Swiss....

Chocolate covered poutine?

She is American so add Mac And Cheese.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #108183 on: July 19, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »
I am going to try to get up there this fall if I have any money left after my trip to Thailand.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
  • Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war.
« Reply #108184 on: July 19, 2019, 08:03:07 PM »
It’s easy for me to remember the year we landed on the moon because I had just turned 69 the month before. I was watching thru a silver spyglass with a new glass eye. When I saw them plant the old red white and green up there, I took a big bite o choise and sang God Save the Cream until the sun rose. Ah memories ye babes.
Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #108185 on: July 19, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »
Site Ranking for The Kingdom Of Shit Nye.

https://www.easycounter.com/report/thekingdomofnye.com
5.2 mill. eh?
Impressive. Ah...she'll be number one by November.
You betcha...

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #108186 on: July 19, 2019, 08:13:29 PM »
Well you can, but she will bring the full force of the American legal system upon you. Apparently.
She will smite you with the mighty bong of justice!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #108187 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:13 PM »
Heather Needs to take the following advice:

Yes... on the "air," or on her "zip" device in a studio... or wherever.

First cardinal rule when I was doing live television: as long as the mike is on your body, you can be heard at any time whether you think it's on or not. Do NOT mutter when you are off-camera, walking around, or even in the bathroom. Never say a word that you don't want recorded and possibly played to people you don't want to hear it. Ever. Period.

Too many really bad screw-ups have happened because people got sloppy about remembering that when you're in a studio, everything is fair game all the time.

Once again, her amateur level of professionalism (which is pretty amateur at that) is showing.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

CptCrisp

• Elluminati
  • Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war.
« Reply #108188 on: July 19, 2019, 08:17:56 PM »
Yes... on the "air," or on her "zip" device in a studio... or wherever.

First cardinal rule when I was doing live television: as long as the mike is on your body, you can be heard at any time whether you think it's on or not. Do NOT mutter when you are off-camera, walking around, or even in the bathroom. Never say a word that you don't want recorded and possibly played to people you don't want to hear it. Ever. Period.

Too many really bad screw-ups have happened because people got sloppy about remembering that when you're in a studio, everything is fair game all the time.

Once again, her amateur level of professionalism (which is pretty amateur at that) is showing.

It’s almost like she had no training or experience whatsoever when Art tapped her for his seat.
Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #108189 on: July 19, 2019, 08:18:34 PM »
I was 13. My mother had just won a small television at a street carnival in Chicago playing bunko. An Admiral color TV with a screen that was about 10”. It was the only color television I would have until I got married in 1978. My mother, myself and my four siblings and I were gathered around that small television to watch the landing. A couple months later I started high school in the same high school that Eugene Cernan went to. I was a senior in high school when he was the last person to walk on the moon in December, 1972.

All of that inspired me to work in the space program. It took me awhile - 8 years in the Air Force and I got my degree at night about the time the Space Shuttle started flying. I went to work for McDonnell Douglas in 1982. STS-4 was the first Shuttle mission I worked on and played some part in all of the remaining Shuttle missions.

A few years ago Gene Cernan received an honorary award at a Rotary dinner. I was representing my company at the formal dinner. I got to meet him and several of the other Apollo astronauts. I told him my story and let him know he had inspired a Chicago area kid to reach for the stars. He seemed to take a real interest in my story.

Sometimes I take it for granted that I lived and worked with all of the astronauts down here near JSC.

http://www.rnasa.org/2008files/winner2008.html

Impressive, Mr. Rocket Scientist! +1

P.S. Now about that petrabyte drive...  8)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #108190 on: July 19, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »
I remember staying up all night watching the Moon Landing and how it touched my heart and made me cry with joy and awe and pride at what our country had accomplished. I have been a fan of science fiction since an uncle who was really into UFOs took a bunch of us cousins to see the original DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL at the drive-in movie when I was 6 years old, much to the chagrin and amusement of my daddy.

The morning of the Moon Landing, he called me up (I was newly married and living in a garage apartment with my hubby) and said he had to APOLOGIZE for not believing that something like this could happen! He said in his lifetime, he had gone from the days of horse and buggy (we lived on a farm) when he was a child to the man landing on the moon. I still smile every time I think of the awe in his voice when he told me that.

I remember my family crowding around the big console TV (color, iirc) in the living room, watching the whole thing. The whole neighborhood exploded with honking horns and shouts when the lunar module landed successfully, and again after Armstrong set foot on the moon. Very emotional and inspiring, awesome experience.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #108191 on: July 19, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
I WAS DEAD WHEN THIS HAPPENED.
Are you dead when you are not alive yet?
I was between lives?
I was yet to be born?
I was yet to be born this time?
I am confused now, time for some cheese.

The answer to all of the above:  Yes.

But the choice of cheese at that moment was entirely one of free will, not necessarily the wheel of karma or a cheese wheel. What did you choose?  :D

[edit] Ok, never mind, I saw it: Emmenthal, good one.

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #108192 on: July 19, 2019, 08:25:08 PM »
I remember my family crowding around the big console TV (color, iirc) in the living room, watching the whole thing. The whole neighborhood exploded with honking horns and shouts when the lunar module landed successfully, and again after Armstrong set foot on the moon. Very emotional and inspiring, awesome experience.
I was 7 months old and from what the parental units say I was on a baby blanket watching

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #108193 on: July 19, 2019, 08:27:18 PM »
5.2 mill. eh?
Impressive. Ah...she'll be number one by November. in the 5.2 million division.
You betcha...

Fixed it for you.

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #108194 on: July 19, 2019, 08:27:20 PM »
His “life partner” fake doctor Robin Falkov passed away so he was grieving. He started showing up a week or two ago but I will never listen to him again.
Maybe he and Whitley can get together and compare notes.
Richard can bring the probe.